closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1914 RFC pilots wrist watch help please

Apprentice

1914 RFC pilots wrist watch help please

i need help in identifying this movement fitted to this watch.
    It clearly says Staufer on the movement so I'm presuming they made it in the first place but it's not like a Stauffer Ive seen before. I'm thinking its movement made for another company.
    I have found a couple of movements that are close a Le Coultre 13 ligne Lépine marked SS&co and a 19''' pocket watch IWC neither of them centre seconds.
    The top three are of the watch the bottom one is the Stauffer Le Coultre 13 ligne Lépine marked SS&co
    I'm unable to copy the IWC other than a web link and not sure what rules are relating to that.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

The Bible (Ranfft's Pink Pages) does not list "Stauffer" among their thousands of movement records.

Master
    This might possibly be what your looking for

https://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/stauffer.php

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    The Bible (Ranfft's Pink Pages) does not list "Stauffer" among their thousands of movement records.
    I find Pink pages are good for post 1920 but not always so good pre that date.

Pete

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    This might possibly be what your looking for

https://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/stauffer.php
    Thanks for this, I have already spoken to DB.
    The LC is a close movement but there are some differences but its not out of the question.
    The problem is that Stauffer did supply to many companies and that this is a centre second and that makes it rarer.

Pete

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterd View Post
    i need help in identifying this movement fitted to this watch.
    It clearly says Staufer on the movement so I'm presuming they made it in the first place but it's not like a Stauffer Ive seen before. I'm thinking its movement made for another company.
    I have found a couple of movements that are close a Le Coultre 13 ligne Lépine marked SS&co and a 19''' pocket watch IWC neither of them centre seconds.
    The top three are of the watch the bottom one is the Stauffer Le Coultre 13 ligne Lépine marked SS&co
    I'm unable to copy the IWC other than a web link and not sure what rules are relating to that.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've been searching since my last post so I would appreciate your views on this watch movement that is marked Peerless it looks close to me even to the centre second friction spring