closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Evolution 9 GMT - are there any out there?

Seiko Evolution 9 GMT - are there any out there?

This isn't quite a WTB, but I was wondering whether anyone out there has one of the Seiko Evolution 9 GMT watches, the SBGE283, for example.

Is the 5R66 in my Prospex LX much different from the 9R range of movements?

Thank you!

I think the first number just denotes the brand, with 9 being GS, 5 for Seiko, 7 for Credor.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    It’s not much different in terms of movement, only a few changes here and as think it’s on display, so had GS logo etc, but finish is on anther level, even though it’s really good on the seikos, the GS just gets better,

Not bought one yet but it’s defiantly in my list to get one.

Tried both on and even thought only had it on for a short period. It was very comfy. For me the size of perfect being smaller than the 44m other sports ones

Bracelet felt very good and comfy too

The dial on the black is very matte in person which I love. Super clear etc, exactly what you’d expect for a 7k watch the bezel is nice a thin also which just makes it for me a lot better

I will own one at one point is all I can say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by strell; 30th November 2022 at 13:07.

Master
    I'm in a similar position I think OP, having picked up the snr035 I like some things about it but pulley bits, meh. It's got me interested in spring drive though and I want to know more about the sbge277.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I'm in a similar position I think OP, having picked up the snr035 I like some things about it but pulley bits, meh. It's got me interested in spring drive though and I want to know more about the sbge277.
    A few of us on the forum have had a SBGE001 (I sold on here the one that I bought from the OP also on here) which is the old branding version, plain black dial. Cracking watch and movement, and wears smaller than the dimensions would suggest.

I'd like to try one of the titanium versions next.

Thank you for the comments, and the pics, strell - appreciated. I did like my SBGB001 - in fact, I've had one twice! And I like the LX on my wrist at the moment.

But I can't see the £5k premium the Evolution commands over my Springdrive Landmaster.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    A few of us on the forum have had a SBGE001 (I sold on here the one that I bought from the OP also on here) which is the old branding version, plain black dial. Cracking watch and movement, and wears smaller than the dimensions would suggest.

I'd like to try one of the titanium versions next.
    Yup, I've got a SBGE001 and it's a lovely watch. I'd say that the case design makes it a little top heavy on the wrist but not excessively so.

There are now several colour variations with the new GS dial and I'd like to try some of those some day, as well as a titanium version to compare it to the weight of a steel version.

Master
    I can't get past the hands on this one - the hour hand in particular is horrible..

Master
    This is mine. Not so easy to read the time with the grey background stunning finish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    This is mine. Not so easy to read the time with the grey background stunning finish though.
    Thanks for an interesting observation, thank you.

With the comments on the hour hand (which, in photos) this strikes me as a watch I'd love to trial for a weekend!