closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christopher Ward rumour

Craftsman

Christopher Ward rumour

How about a hour chiming CW?
    With a visible chime sandwiched between the dial and crystal.
    Heard mention of it on another forum. I'll be interested to see how this looks, if and when it becomes a reality.
    250 pieces rumoured at USD 3,000.

Bristol GTG / Redbar organiser

Master
    The brand is heading in the right direction. Change of logo was the biggest thing for me. I know it's still marmite for some but can't please everyone I guess. Their new trident pro looks really nicely made with great attention to detail.

More power to them for trying a chime auto.

The only CW I ever fancied was one of the C70 series (the Brooklands). There were a number of variants and think some had COSC certification. They do crop up on eBay from time to time but prices seem unreasonably high. A marmite watch but each to his or her own. Never seen one on this forum. Does anyone have one stashed away?

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    They do nicely made watches at a reasonable price..... Although £3k did you say!? Errm ...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    They do nicely made watches at a reasonable price..... Although £3k did you say!? Errm ...
    For a genuine chiming complication though. It sounds like it could be a fair price.
    Perhaps it'll be an upper echelon version of the CW brand a bit like Presage for Seiko?

Master
    I’ve heard something big coming from them at the end of the month so this could be it.

Never warmed to them personally for some reason.

Presumably this will be their flagship watch, replacing the Jumping Hour?

Craftsman
    PhilipK

I wonder why they don't still have the jumping hour?
    It was in the CW magazine ages ago that there will be a Fears Bristol collaboration with CW using their jumping hour movement. A bit like when Fears collaborated with Garrick.

Journeyman
    I still think they are going to use their Jump Hour in the Fears collaboration towards the end of this year or start of next.

I love a jump hour, but it's never going to be a big seller for CW's catalogue. Neither will a chime or repeater, but it would be interesting to see.

Journeyman
    Looks like their is a zoom presentation this Wednesday, so I assume details will leak soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    PhilipK

I wonder why they don't still have the jumping hour?
    It was in the CW magazine ages ago that there will be a Fears Bristol collaboration with CW using their jumping hour movement.
    Sorry, I meant that it might displace the Jumping Hour as CW's "flagship" model, not that they would stop selling the Jumping Hour.

And it's purely speculation on my part, so I may be talking absolute rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    The brand is heading in the right direction. Change of logo was the biggest thing for me. I know it's still marmite for some but can't please everyone I guess. Their new trident pro looks really nicely made with great attention to detail.

More power to them for trying a chime auto.
    +1

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

With all the £6k nonsense for an Omega these days, I have found an interest in CW watches over the last couple of years. Good honest and very well built watches.

I buy them in the bi-annual sales, and all 4 below have cost me around £2.3k, less than 2/3rds of the cost of a single Tudor. I've handled both and I'm sure the Tudor is better, but I can't tell much of a difference. I also have subC and to be honest I prefer the modesty of the CW watches.

They make damn fine holiday watches!

Cost less than £600, COSC Chronometer, solid build quality with 316L steel for case and bracelet, sapphire and lumed dial, applied indices, polished ceramic bezel and 600m water resistance which is great for North Africa!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    They make damn fine holiday watches!

Cost less than £600, COSC Chronometer, solid build quality with 316L steel for case and bracelet, sapphire and lumed dial, applied indices, polished ceramic bezel and 600m water resistance which is great for North Africa!

Is that El Fen in Marrakesh? Sorry I know this isn’t the “guess where the photo is taken” thread, but it just looked very familiar…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmpf View Post
    Is that El Fen in Marrakesh? Sorry I know this isn’t the “guess where the photo is taken” thread, but it just looked very familiar…

Not sure, it is the North Medina in Marrakesh just north of the secret garden!

Craftsman
    I’ve bought a number of their watches in their annual sale and also visited their offices on a number of occasions and been very happy with my purchases albeit I’ve had to send 2 back with issues but their warranties are 100% no quibble and both were fixed and returned in a timely fashion. Excuse the pun !!

It's called the C1 Bel Canto - there was a preview earlier in the week - it's some sort of chimer.

Master
    https://www.christopherward.com/watc...-T00B0-VB.html

I love it, even if it sits on top of an Sw200 base I think for £3k it's excellent value for money.

Master
    Wow I think they have done a great job there. That's a very interesting watch at that price point and no dial logo to argue about lol

That’s an amazing watch at £3k. Not sure I would want to wear it though. I can imagine it sitting in the box and getting passes over for more ‘run of the mill’ options.

Journeyman
    Looks great to me. Certainly going to be a divisive design but it follows the recent trend that the unique editions from CW have set.

Not entirely sold on the blue dial though, seems to be talk of other colours if this is a good seller and a black dial would be the business with those red accents imo!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

That is a lot of watch for that sort of money!

I love it! In fact, I love it enough to order one.

It is very nice indeed, not something that I would wear but look's very nice.

Sent from a technical device.

Master
    Really like that, very nice looking and a complication I don’t need but love.

I do have a naive question. Is it possible to turn the chiming feature on/off?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Yes - it's what the button is for.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Yep, button at 4 allows you to switch it off, and it is indicated on the dial in red.

Really like that, not sure when I’d wear it though. Also really liked the luminous moon phase they did in the not to distant past.

Edit: beaten to it

It’s an amazing watch, but the dial not my kinda thing , my peepers ain’t great and even with specs would be hard to read, but at least I would know when it’s was on the hour

Craftsman
    I love it, but probably use it for a while until the novelty wore off then put it away.

Hats off to Christopher Ward - I think this is pretty amazing for the price. If a more hyped micro brand had released this (say Ming, for example), I think it would generate a huge amount of interest. Good IRL pic here from Rickticktalk on Instagram.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Given Christopher Ward makes amazing light catcher cases, does anyone else think the case design is a bit bland? Probably a function of being a sonnerie, I suspect. The bracelet is also just lifted off their regular models and doesn’t look right, in my opinion.

Nonetheless, amazing value, and would look better on a strap anyway!

Sold out already…

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Sold out already…
    In 8 hours no less and there’s a waiting list as well.

Lovely watch and although it’s a brand I’ve never been into I would seriously consider buying this watch. Hopefully it’s a game changer for the brand.

+/-20s/day is a bit of a worry on a £3K watch, I think. Otherwise I think it looks great.

Like it. A lot. A hint of Armin Strom in the styling - no bad thing in my books. I know CW have collaborated with them in the past on the C60 Apex LE, so wonder if they were involved with this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Like it. A lot. A hint of Armin Strom in the styling - no bad thing in my books. I know CW have collaborated with them in the past on the C60 Apex LE, so wonder if they were involved with this as well.
    Yes they were apparently involved, as were Chronode and Viquodeco.

Anyone else managed to order one on here before they sold out? There are quite a few review videos on YouTube knocking about which are making me even more excited to get one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Anyone else managed to order one on here before they sold out? There are quite a few review videos on YouTube knocking about which are making me even more excited to get one!!
    Yep. Estimated date for delivery of mine is early December.

Do you have an estimated date for yours?

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Yep. Estimated date for delivery of mine is early December.

Do you have an estimated date for yours?
    Mine says Saturday 31 December on the order. Not sure if that is an estimate or an actual date.

Can't wait to see some pics on the threads. I was hovering the buy button with the added bracelet but couldn't do it from press pics alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Wow I think they have done a great job there. That's a very interesting watch at that price point and no dial logo to argue about lol
    I don't understand the problem with having name on the dial. I mean do people have a problem with Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantine, Richard Mille, etc on their dials. The only reason I don't have a Christopher Ward in my collection is because none of the present range appeals to me, not because the name or logo is on the dial.

Now this piece I do find rather nice. Unfortunately I missed it.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

I received an email saying they were bringing forward the release of the green dial, did anyone manage to get one?

Green one announced and gone already.

Master
    I think I prefer the green to the blue. I tried to get one but no luck. Did anyone else manage to get a green dial?

The green looks great! I thought about it again but waited too long! I'm sure other colours will be coming given the success of the first two. If there's a grey dial I think I'll end up going for it...

Craftsman
    Stunning watch, and a bargain at the price.

This BARGAIN Watch Is An Utter MASTERPIECE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Rw...tchfinder%26Co.

It really is a game changer and making me look at CW twice. With the Calibre SH21 they already had my attention. In the video above there is some history on how the C1 Bel Canto was developed.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet