closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: shout-out to Martylaa for the Citizen heads up

shout-out to Martylaa for the Citizen heads up

Thank you, Martylaa - this arrived today, and I'm thrilled. For just over £250 new, and on the bracelet, although it's straight on the NATO for me.

There have been a couple of threads about downsizing recently, and this is me doing my bit.

I'll take some more pics tomorrow of the monobloc case.
    Last edited by Qatar-wol; 29th November 2022 at 23:06.

Glad to see someone got the deal, I did my usual and dithered and never pulled the trigger.

That could be a perfect daily beater for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't recall what made me sell mine, probably inate stupidity.... must get another..

The Ray Mears 2 is an excellent watch, which wears smaller than its 40mm; great WR, monocoque design, titanium, eco-drive, quartz accuracy and the second hand hits the markers!

It also looks good also on a tropic. :)

The only negatives are the teeny-tiny date window and the lume could last longer.

Last edited by dkpw; 30th November 2022 at 00:43.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    The Ray Mears 2 is an excellent watch, which wears smaller than its 40mm; great WR, monocoque design, titanium, eco-drive, quartz accuracy and the second hand hits the markers!

It also looks good also on a tropic. :)

The only negatives are the teeny-tiny date window and the lume could last longer.

That one looks like it has a black case where the one in the first pic is silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    That one looks like it has a black case where the one in the first pic is silver?

It's just the differing lighting in the photos. The watch is titanium, and therefore has a greyer look than SS, but in life it's nowhere near black. I believe there maybe a toughness coating on the titanium which may darken it a little too.

Here's Fratello's take on the watch.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hand...ugh-ray-mears/
    Last edited by dkpw; 30th November 2022 at 09:38.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

A good write-up, thank you.

Here - from just now. I'm very happy with it. I think I'm going to pop into Pragnell's in Stratford wearing it and ask about Rolex waiting lists. See if they wrinkle their noses.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    A good write-up, thank you.

Here - from just now. I'm very happy with it. I think I'm going to pop into Pragnell's in Stratford wearing it and ask about Rolex waiting lists. See if they wrinkle their noses.

Haha let us know how you got on with that approach.

Well, they were professional enough not to act like I'd trodden dog shit into their carpet. I took an expensive still water in a bottle, chewed the fat, and left!

Wearing the Citizen on a Nick Mankey, and loving it.

Nicely done haha, what was the verdict for the lists, getting longer and still a big demand?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Thank you, Martylaa - this arrived today, and I'm thrilled. For just over £250 new, and on the bracelet, although it's straight on the NATO for me.

There have been a couple of threads about downsizing recently, and this is me doing my bit.

I'll take some more pics tomorrow of the monobloc case.
    Just on the off chance you decide to sell the bracelet maybe give me a shout.…?

I’ve had mine on various straps and always been keen to try the oe bracelet. Thanks Andy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Sure - shoot me a PM, let's chat!

Blog Entries
    I used to own one of those, great vfm indeed, but I just couldn't like the thing, the older made in Japan Ray Mears and other mono-block watches from that time are so much nicer and of far better built quality I just had to let this one go.

But as I stated, still great value for money.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman
    Image1670757024.293932.jpg

Received this original Citizen bracelet from Walter yesterday.

I’ll admit to having not been particularly keen on it when I bought my watch on the strap a few years back but for some reason then always hankered after one.

These are available direct from Citizen but the rrp is on the ridiculous side, thankfully Walter was happy to pass his on as I’m really happy with the feel and look of the bracelet.

The watch looks great on a variety of straps, likewise on the bracelet which also has a ratchet adjustment and just lifts the look of the watch.

Happy customer here.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Glad you're happy! A result, all around!