closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Medical records.

Craftsman

Medical records.

Looking at my NHS app, I can go back to 1994 for medical records.
    It's there anywhere else they are stored pre 1994?
    Reason I ask is when I recently got travel insurance, the advisor was asking a lot of pre existing medical questions.
    One of these was have you ever had neck or back injuries, I replied I had but it was about 35 years ago, nothing serious and no problems since. They noted it down
    Just wondering if they hadn't asked about something from 35 years ago that I had all but forgotten about and a back or neck injury occurred on holiday, would they have been able to
    check anywhere from that far back in time that I hadn't divulged it in the questions, and possibly not paid out?
    Thanks

The irony is, whilst there is a slim chance they might not have covered you, they will likely not cover you for anything you declare anyway.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

They are just showing the computerised ones. The original paper handwritten ones still exist.

If you claim on your travel insurance the insurance company to allow cover will require you sign for access to your medical records. If you don’t cover will be denied.

The records from your gp they get back usually contain everything including the handwritten.

I used to do some work with one of the companies as a rough guide 20-25% of claims were denied under non declaration.

Craftsman
    Just wondering if I should have mentioned I had my tonsils removed around 1967/8?
    Where does it end?

Craftsman
    I presume you can request handwritten ones then?
    If I had to mention everything I'd been to doctors for over the years I'd need numerous sheets of paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post
    They are just showing the computerised ones. The original paper handwritten ones still exist.

If you claim on your travel insurance the insurance company to allow cover will require you sign for access to your medical records. If you don’t cover will be denied.

The records from your gp they get back usually contain everything including the handwritten.

I used to do some work with one of the companies as a rough guide 20-25% of claims were denied under non declaration.

We need a central NHS database containing all of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I'm sure someone in the cabinet has a mate who can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    There was an attempt to do this between 2005 and 2013; a lot of money spent and not much achieved.

Nationwide Health IT programmes, e.g., Track and Trace, don't seem to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoughie0 View Post
    There was an attempt to do this between 2005 and 2013; a lot of money spent and not much achieved.
    Quite!

I made a request online for my medical records,what I got was a bit patchy did include some written stuff from the late 50s. Oddly after having countless blood tests some years ago while having cancer treatment,no sign anywhere of my blood group.🙄

Craftsman
    It does make you wonder when taking out holiday insurance, if the worst happens will you be covered, obviously the insurance company will try everything to not pay out.
    That why I asked how far back can/ will they dig into your past history.
    Looks like I'll have to request all my medical history to cover myself in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    It does make you wonder when taking out holiday insurance, if the worst happens will you be covered, obviously the insurance company will try everything to not pay out.
    That why I asked how far back can/ will they dig into your past history.
    Looks like I'll have to request all my medical history to cover myself in future.
    if you drop me a message, happy to have a chat as need more details as it may not be something you need to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I'm sure someone in the cabinet has a mate who can do this.
    https://www.infosys.com/industries/h...h-records.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk