closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rixos Seagate Sharm el Sheikh outstanding

Master

Rixos Seagate Sharm el Sheikh outstanding

Just in case anyone is looking for a recommendation for some winter sun:

Coming to the end of an absolutely fabulous two week stay in this resort, had stayed in a Rixos branded hotel previously in Ras al Khaimah, decided to try the Seagate Premium, glad we did… Resort is huge but attention to detail is second to none, two separate hotels with the option of using the adult one which is just down the road. I’ve stayed on quite a few 5 star AI resorts around the world , this one knocks spots off the lot, food amazing, even the usual buffet is something else- In previous years we tended to avoid the ‘nicer’ speciality restaurants due to having a toddler in tow, needn’t have worried this place really knows how to allow for kids but still have that ‘top notch’ restaurant feel. Food is really that good, drinks all top shelf, none of the usual syrupy, god awful AI cocktails, no local blow your head off sprits…

What really makes this place are the staff, I’ve never met so many genuinely nice people, I can be very cynical sometimes, can normally tell when people are being nice for tips etc… but this place just seems to have a magic formula, in two weeks I’ve yet to see a frown or hear a cross word, does help when they realise you are not Russian, only downside that I can think off is the number of them here, to coin an old spitting image song ‘I’ve never met a nice South African’ should be changed to Russian… I don’t abide rudeness and way they speak to the staff can be horrible to witness but hey ho that’s not isolated just to here. That really is the only negative I can think of!

I’m hopeless with reviews so excuse the lack of finer details :-) in short, if you’re looking for somewhere which is first class, doesn’t break the bank, has the best staff then have a look a gander on trip advisor ( if anyone has specific questions more than welcome to drop me a message)

I fancy going to Egypt but I’m yet to meet anyone who hasn’t felt ill for a few days whilst there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I fancy going to Egypt but I’m yet to meet anyone who hasn’t felt ill for a few days whilst there.
    Chris,

I’ve been to Egypt quite a few times and yes pharaohs revenge has bitten me a few times… not every resort but a few. Not a sign here, you normally hear if a place is a bit suspect, have a read on TA you might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Chris,

I’ve been to Egypt quite a few times and yes pharaohs revenge has bitten me a few times… not every resort but a few. Not a sign here, you normally hear if a place is a bit suspect, have a read on TA you might be surprised.
    I'd have to go on my own, there's no way my Mrs would entertain it unfortunately. I was speaking with a sales rep the other week who'd just been to 5* all inc. with flights, and paid less than I did for 3 nights at Center Parcs. Apparently 50% of marriages end in divorce, so never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Been loads of times and never been ill or anyone else in my group!

Blog Entries
    We went to the Steigenberger Hotel in Marsa Alam in December 2019. Not a single problem, health-wise. A first-class hotel, no children allowed. Our first time in a child-free hotel. That was an eyeopener!

Would I go back? No.

It feels as if you've walked into an organized shake-down and corruption scheme. I cannot get rid of the feeling that you're constantly assessed when it comes to fees etc. True, these men (you don't see women) work hard and long days to make the tourists happy. And there's an enormous gap between rich tourists from Europe and poor Egyptians working for a few euros/dollars.
    y
    We went on a day trip to Port Khalib, a little more south than Marsa Alam. A complete, unfinished holiday town. Creepy but also interesting to see. We walked into the bazar and were eyeballed and assessed as 'Dutch'. One seller started in Dutch. Then my wife answered in Arabic (she speaks a little Arabic): "I'm Canadian!" He completely turned his performance saying that she was the first Canadian he ever met and was bowled over by her Arabic . He was suddenly a lot more polite than before.

Master
    Completely agree with the overall perception of Egypt- We’ve have never been to Marsa Alam but have been numerous times to El Gouna, Hurghada, Sharm etc… Tourist traps like Naama Bay, Soho Square you do sometimes feel like ‘prey’ other hotels we’ve stayed in yes, you can feel staff are gearing you up to milk you for tips,,, Resort we are in has a high [percentage of women workers which I’ve not really seen in Egypt before, not kept in the shadows etc…

I work in an industry where you’ve got to have your wits about you, normally a pretty good judge of character and can usually work people out pretty quickly. I’ve probably heard every pitch, hard luck story used in Egypt over the years and can suss people out being nice just for tips…. Maybe we have been lucky here but honestly do not think so, as mentioned before staff seem to work differently here, whatever Rixos are doing certainly works, maybe they are trying to buck the Egyptian trend, who knows, shows in the countless reviews just praising the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    We went to the Steigenberger Hotel in Marsa Alam in December 2019. Not a single problem, health-wise. A first-class hotel, no children allowed. Our first time in a child-free hotel. That was an eyeopener!

Would I go back? No.

It feels as if you've walked into an organized shake-down and corruption scheme. I cannot get rid of the feeling that you're constantly assessed when it comes to fees etc. True, these men (you don't see women) work hard and long days to make the tourists happy. And there's an enormous gap between rich tourists from Europe and poor Egyptians working for a few euros/dollars.
    y
    We went on a day trip to Port Khalib, a little more south than Marsa Alam. A complete, unfinished holiday town. Creepy but also interesting to see. We walked into the bazar and were eyeballed and assessed as 'Dutch'. One seller started in Dutch. Then my wife answered in Arabic (she speaks a little Arabic): "I'm Canadian!" He completely turned his performance saying that she was the first Canadian he ever met and was bowled over by her Arabic . He was suddenly a lot more polite than before.