closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Goodwood FOS Accommodation ideas..?

Goodwood FOS Accommodation ideas..?

I'll be heading back to the Festival of Speed next year, last having been there pre-kids, it's now time to introduce my two little lads to the noise

We will be making a holiday of it, so plan on being in the area for 7-10 days (3 of which at the FOS), but unsure what's best for somewhere to stay?

It doesn't need to be near by, happy to travel a reasonable distance in the morning if need be, but close enough so as not to arrive with a cranky wife, as well as a 3yr and 7yr old that have sent us mad before the day has even started.

Any suggestions or recommendations? We appreciate that many places have already taken the mickey with pricing as soon as the tickets went on sale, and expense is expected, but sensible pricing always helps.

Thanks in advance.

You could try The Georgian Hotel in Haslemere. The Coppa Club restaurant on the ground floor is quite nice. Not stayed at the hotel as I live in Haslemere.

The Lythe Hill Hotel has a reasonable reputation too. It’s just outside Haslemere.
    Last edited by andy tims; 28th November 2022 at 22:44.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Traffic can be murder getting there in the morning, but it may be worth checking if there's a free bus service from the station and staying somewhere along the line. It's not far from the station to event and the service for the Revival in September was superb - we rocked up around 9:30, there was no queue of any note, we were on a classic 1950s coach within five or so minutes and it's an easy 10-minute drive to Goodwood, where we were waved through traffic.
    "A man of little significance"

To get there fast I always stayed in the Travelodge at Fontwell. Closeness beats accommodation for the FoS. I’d pick somewhere close for Thursday, Friday and Saturday then somewhere nicer for the other days.

Craftsman
    How about Lakeside Holiday Park at Chichester? Especially with two young sons?

For the full weekend tickets, we usually aim to stay in a cottage in Chichester, which is a good option. Options are likely to be limited though as it gets booked solid very quickly.

My last visit, which was just a single day pass as they had sold out on Saturday, we stayed in the Premier Inn in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and it was perfectly adequate for what it was. Not sure it would be a great option for a full week though.

You might get lucky and find a space in the goodwood hotel, but don’t hold your breath

Master
    Some that come to mind that are 15-20 mins via train or 30-40 via car (going the back routes) are.

Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa in climping, the largest & closest of these. Closest station is Ford.

Then there is the Angmering manor hotel or the Seaview Hotel in East Preston (this has just been renovated) neither would really suit the long stay but fine for fos weekend, closest station Angmering.

There are also a travel lodge & premier inn close to Angmering.

The Train from Worthing to Chai takes about 40 mins but I’m not sure on accommodations there.

Many thanks all - lots of suggestions for the wife me to look at

Of the occasions I've been to the FOS and the Revival in the past, it sounds like I've been incredibly lucky with the traffic

https://www.forestryengland.uk/black...ackwood-forest

About 45 minutes to an hour to get to Goodwood. Nice area, lots of stuff to do, Winchester's a nice city etc.
    "A man of little significance"