closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Good deal? Omega Planet Ocean

Journeyman

Good deal? Omega Planet Ocean

Hi,

Just a sense check please!

I’ve been after a Black/Orange Omega Planet Ocean (model 215.30.44.21.01.002 ) for a while, was going to get one earlier in the year and some other things came up - then there was a price increase, typical!

Fast forward to now - an AD has offered me 12% discount, plus a free leather watch roll. In addition they will give interest free credit for 48 months, zero down. They won’t budge on increasing the discount if I pay in full.

I don’t need the interest free credit, but at the moment it would probably be silly not to take it up, as it’s effectively additional discount (man maths, right!)

There’s a few lurking around at greys, but at least by going the route above it’s a UK watch, brand new, warranty/support etc. plus the interest free is a nice to have.

Does this sound a reasonable deal? I think the days of 20% off Omega is long gone, but if anyone knows any better please let me know before I press the button!

Thanks as always
    Mike

Journeyman
    This model

[url=https://ibb.co/FwCVPr1]

Well I guess so. You might do better somewhere else but suspect many won’t do the finance as well.

So if you really want one and can afford it then the combination of discount, % free deal then makes it relatively attractive.

Otherwise we are into the realms of deciding whether it’s sensible purchase then of course the answer to most people is no!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it sounds like a fair deal providing you intend to keep the watch as value retention isn't great on most Omega's.

I bought one used recently, and I love it - it's a bit of a 'Sunday Best' for me, but it always feels a real occasion when I do wear it. It also got the highest approval rating of any purchase from my Mrs, which was a rare bonus!

12% off plus the chance to spread the cost sounds fair - if you are confident it's a keeper (it is a heavy and somewhat bulky watch), then only used is going to be cheaper, and prices are only going up...

I think you’ve done well to get a discount,I had one on a rubber,cracking watch.
    0% is a bonus,I’d never spend my own money when it’s a decent chunk if 0% is offered.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll sleep on it!

Master
    Sounds a pretty decent deal from and ad but you'll beat it if you shop around at greys I think. I'd try a few, ask where they source the watch if it matters to you.
    Love my PO, it's almost 10 years old now but still awesome.

Master
    I’m slightly out the loop, but 12% off a standard Omega doesn’t sound amazing. I wonder what the Christmas sales will look like this year?

I think is a good deal. For a watch of 5k means 500 gbp or more, plus a extra strap

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app