closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ideas for casual watch ~ £3-5k budget /investment piece?

Apprentice

Ideas for casual watch ~ £3-5k budget /investment piece?

Currently have (intended use case)
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas 42042 (casual/formal)
    Rolex Submariner 5513 (casual)

Looking actively:
    Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5066 (casual / almost daily but in some social situations would be wanting something cheaper to wear...)

Others I have considered:
    Rolex Explorer 1016
    Rolex GMT 1675 (no idea which particular one)

I like classic designs, nothing too brash, older stuff with 'patina' e.t.c all appreciated, and also important for me is something that is going to at least hold value/and appreciate (I know this was viewed badly few years ago, then it ironically made people who purchased on this criteria well off before the current crash?)

So thinking I may just save for quality (imo for myself) vs quantity, or perhaps be inspired by any recommendations?

Any colourful watches out there in particular?

I really like the sporty strap of the aquanaut so perhaps something on rubber also? not a fan of NATO strap from what Ive seen (which is not much)

Blog Entries
    At 3-5K price range just buy what you like to wear. “investment piece” would be a misnomer. You could go second hand, else if new probably Tudor Black Bay might have something you like.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 28th November 2022 at 10:06.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    At 3-5K price range just buy what you like to wear. “investment piece” would be a misnomer. You could go second hand, else if new probably Tudor Black Bay might have something you like.
    This generally. I can't think of any watches you could buy new in that price bracket other than the odd LE that would not lose a fair proportion of their value.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Maybe something like the Harrods Tudor Blackbay?

It's about 6-8 weeks max now from putting your name down to getting offered one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Moonwatch would be a good option. Goes with everything, great provenance, and if you keep it 10+ years you'll always make money on it as the RRP keeps rising.

You want:
    classic designs, nothing too brash, older stuff, at least hold value, colourful, sporty strap, on rubber, at £3-5K.

You want: The original Planet Ocean 42mm with Orange Bezel and add a rubber strap. Chrono24 has one at £3,018.

Master
    Heres 2 watches I recently acquired for the purpose of it being a dressier everyday piece and a sportier casual watch:

Master
    If you like the 1016, what about an IWC mark XII with a tritium dial? 36mm case, matte dial, patina and definitely within budget

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Could try to get a nice vintage Speedmaster 145.022 for that money. Probably early-mid 70s example.