closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are courier services getting worst or is it just me?

Are courier services getting worst or is it just me?

Another parcel delayed today, DPD informed me it would be delivered today between 17:00 and 18:00, put the usual safe place in just in case I wasn’t home. Just had the obligatory message, can’t deliver because no one was home. I’ve been sat in waiting so that’s bulls-=t.

Seems to be getting worse the service I pay for, I have an ebayer telling me a product I sold him has not turned up either after a week, Evri tracking shows multiple times back and forth to the National hub, once it was out for delivery then cancelled due to a major incident (f knows what that was).

Royal Mail recently delivering an empty package as well…

Honestly, worst thing is you can never actually speak to someone to find out what the hell is going on.

Wish I could find a reliable one to use…

Craftsman
    I started using Evri as I can drop at the co op near my house 7am-10pm and it’s all pretty much self service. Not to mention it’s half the price of the RM.

Two last parcels I sent:

Parcel 1 - Paid for next day - lost in warehouse.

Parcel 2 - bought the service via eBay - “parcel” arrives at buyers house, parcel has two labels on, my label and a label addressing said “parcel” to another person. Anyhow - it would appear my label fell off during the process and they just slammed it on another parcel.

You get what you pay for - never again. I’ll just pay more and be inconvenienced somewhat….but RM have never lost anything of mine and I send stuff weekly *touches wood*.

Not many people seem to know Evri are just Hermes…renaming to reinvent themselves due to the absolutely awful reputation they earned themselves.
    Last edited by Chinese_Alan; 27th November 2022 at 20:11.

Master
    Yes they seem to be getting worse, currently have a parcel with parcel force used their 24 service and should have been with the buyer Wednesday and it’s still no arrived.

Master
    I've had exemplary service this week, having 5/6 parcels delivered very quickly by a range of companies. Maybe I've been lucky.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Our DPD driver is superb. The Hermes/Evri too. RM brilliant.

Lot's to do with the local people, but it has been Black Friday to be fair.

The only services that are consistently reliable for me are DPD or Amazon Shipping. Legacy couriers like DHL and UPS are decent too, but few companies use those.

Royal Mail where I live are shockingly bad, and so are Evri, Yodel etc.

It’s the blatant lies they say when sending you an update and there’s nothing you can do about it, like tonight, I’ve designated a safe place, in the end I was home and then bang, a minute after the time slot starts they send a message saying no one home and unable to deliver, the parcel taken to my nearest drop off point which was 17 miles away (really?).

30 mins later another message saying they will try tomorrow.

Utter boll@cks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My recent experiences of international shipping with DHL have been phenomenal, consistently beating their (already pretty fast) estimated delivery by a couple of days. Had the same delivery guy too, he's been really good with his customer service. In fact, instead of just singing his praises here I'm going to have a look on the DHL website to see how to leave feedback for him.

Funnily enough I was expecting a DPD delivery today of some single malts I had ordered. No text message by 11am as promised, about 14:30 the tracking had updated to "Delivery on Monday".
    I had paid extra for nominated Sunday delivery too, totally unacceptable considering I specified weekend delivery because I'm always at work so never around to sign for parcels.

Talking to our DPD guy this afternoon (briefly). They are absolutely slammed with the volume of deliveries currently (Black Friday?). I have noticed the odd delay, but it's stuff from overseas - apart from that all is good here (currently).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

DPD used to be very reliable but the last three deliveries I've been expecting with from have had the "no-one in" message moments after the delivery was due, along with a black photo "proving" that they tried to deliver. Different drivers each time too. On one of them he actually made the previous delivery about 200 yards away and then just buggered off as I could see him!

To the point above, you need half an hour spare to even think about calling them and then you're doing well to get through. At which point they tell you they'll try again tomorrow...

Amazon still extremely reliable, everyone else is a complete crap shoot in my recent experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Funnily enough I was expecting a DPD delivery today of some single malts I had ordered. No text message by 11am as promised, about 14:30 the tracking had updated to "Delivery on Monday".
    I had paid extra for nominated Sunday delivery too, totally unacceptable considering I specified weekend delivery because I'm always at work so never around to sign for parcels.
    ^^^^
    This , it’s the reason we pay the extra, no point delivering on a Monday when no f***ers in, drives me mad. Try getting your money back as well, near on impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon (Rightly) get a lot of criticism for some of their practices but for me they meet the expectations they set 99% of the time and when it goes wrong, it’s immediately rectified with no messing around.

As with the many examples below, it’s the unfulfilled promises that are annoying. A first world problem mostly but some of the couriers have been so bad, I’ll refuse to buy off companies that use them.

Blog Entries
    Our local Hermes lady is brilliant. DPD seems to work fine and Royal Mail too. Haven't had many problems to be honest.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

It's just you. I use couriers every couple of days (personal not business) and they haven't let down once - neither for the that matter have my RM posties (ignoring strike days). Indeed I've bought each of them chocolates as a Christmas thank you. Top marks all round from me.

Master
    I own a mail order company

RM are overwhelmed by the strikes back-log, and a lot of companies have moved to DPD making them a little slower than normal

I wouldn't say there's an industry-wide lowering of service though

Just gets a bit nuts this time of year

Un frigging believable, I saw the van pull in next doors driveway then reversed out and pulled away before I could go out and see him.

What frigging idiots do DPD employ nowadays.

Last edited by Martylaa; 28th November 2022 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Un frigging believable, I saw the van pull in next doors driveway then reversed out and pulled away before I could go out and see him.

What frigging idiots do DPD employ nowadays.

Shocking service (or lack of).
    You may want to edit out your address Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Shocking service (or lack of).
    You may want to edit out your address Martin?
    Thanks mate, absolutely fuming with them and can you hell speak to someone about it.

Master
    I'm still waiting for a small item sent by Evri 11 working days ago on a 2 working day service to even get to the local courier. Terrible company, zero ways for the buyer to chase it up too. New RM collection service cheaper and better

well just sent small parcel RM 1 st class signed for took exactly a week for it to be delivered,

Sent two parcels off last week.
    One was via RMSD and the other 1st class signed and tracked.
    These were sent before RM's recent strike action and neither of them arrived as guaranteed, but took two days.
    Have raised a dispute with RM to try and get the postage back.
    Very uncertain times and is only likely to get worse as we approach the Festive period.

Just as an example, I work for Royal mail delivering 24hr tracked on a Sunday only.

I went along to the North East major distribution centre on the team valley and it was absolutely rammed with mail/parcels.

I've never seen it so full, normally I do 06.15 until 14.00 and I was delivering until just after 7pm.

Combination of the strike plus black Friday sale's

Sent from a technical device.

It must just be me, I have an ebayer who has raised a dispute saying his item hasn’t arrived despite me posting via Evri a week again, all their tracking shows is it bouncing back and forth between hubs.

I have the clown from DPD who can’t find my house despite parking in next doors driveway today then just drove off.

Still waiting on a RMSD to arrive despite it being posted last Thursday and an item I sent back to Amazon over a week ago via Royal Mail is still not showing anything?

I’m frigging jinxed, oh and let’s not forget the item I sold to someone on here last month where he got delivered an empty parcel.

Craftsman
    Been a downward spiral for me. Evri seem to constantly leave items outside my front door in full view of the street these days. My Ring subscription has paid for itself recently.

Amazon delivery driver also stole my declined delivery of an Xobox One S, and luckily ring recorded the entire conversation about declining delivery.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Evri at its very best, scheduled for delivery yesterday between 1900-2100hrs never turned up.

Checking my emails this morning and email says delivered @ 2230hrs, dumped on my front garden apparently

Classy.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

At least your driver could find your address, mine struggled to work out that I live next door to the driveway he pulled into. In the end the goods have been returned back to Amazon and classed as undeliverable.
    Thick as mince.

Master
    Another parcel delayed today, DPD informed me it would be delivered today between 17:00 and 18:00, put the usual safe place in just in case I wasn’t home. Just had the obligatory message, can’t deliver because no one was home. I’ve been sat in waiting so that’s bulls-=t.

Seems to be getting worse the service I pay for, I have an ebayer telling me a product I sold him has not turned up either after a week, Evri tracking shows multiple times back and forth to the National hub, once it was out for delivery then cancelled due to a major incident (f knows what that was).

Royal Mail recently delivering an empty package as well…

Honestly, worst thing is you can never actually speak to someone to find out what the hell is going on.

Wish I could find a reliable one to use…
    Had the same with DPD, got an email saying tried to deliver but no one home...I was in all day. wa£k service.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Had the same with DPD, got an email saying tried to deliver but no one home...I was in all day. wa£k service.
    Those are the one that really annoy me!

Master
    It must just be me, I have an ebayer who has raised a dispute saying his item hasn’t arrived despite me posting via Evri a week again, all their tracking shows is it bouncing back and forth between hubs.

I bought a small item that was sent Evri nearly 3 weeks ago. Tracking shows 4 days to collect, a week to get to the depot, two days later at local depot "going to courier" and no update on that a week later. Pathetic and only coming 25 miles. Seller useless too as has ignored all requests to chase Evri and when I opened a dispute, Ebay has given the seller another 2 weeks as it's been posted, so 5 weeks for a part that is needed...

Master
    How about a revere whinge about a courier causing similar issues.

UPS delivering toy parents while I’m away. All comms said Tuesday, ensured they would be in etc.

Nuggets tried to deliver it on the Monday without any warning. Can’t win it seems lol.

Bought a drum kit.

Half has arrived. The other half is lost.

Thanks DHL

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    Bought a drum kit.

Half has arrived. The other half is lost.

Thanks DHL
    There’s got to be a Badoom but no Tish gag there somewhere!

Hope they get the other half sorted, really annoying with a half delivery. For me it’s worse than nothing from trying to resolve.

I was on the front washing the car on Wednesday this week. Saw two women delivering Amazon packages to a few neighbours from their van, running around like headless chickens. When they had driven off, I noticed two bags left on the pavement outside of their last delivery so went over to pick them up. To my horror, one of the bags was full of p**s and blood which poured down my leg when I picked it up. They had obviously taken a leak in the back of the van and just left it on the pavement!
    One of the neighbours who had received a parcel from these scumbags, called Amazon who said the driver would be dealt with. Low and behold, saw them both again today a few miles from home. Obviously no action taken by Amazon.

Craftsman
    DPD today: were meant to come pickup some Fuji kit I’m selling to mpb - no show, no contact. Presumably same driver also supposedly on way to deliver a bag for my wife. SMS saying he’d be here at half 7. Tracked him until 2 miles away when suddenly we got ‘sorry we missed you, driver won’t come again today’ message.

Slacker clearly just fancied clocking off. When he comes again next week, I may just stare at him blankly out the window until he buggers off. It’s the lying I can’t stand, why not just be transparent and say they overbooked.

Evri left a delivery with electrical items on my rubbish bin, 30 yards from my front door. (it was pouring with rain). Luckily I spotted them driving off and rescued the package. Box was soaked but luckily no damage to the internal items.

RM - Posted a watch Monday, RMSD 1pm next day. Arrived today, 5 days later...refund claim submitted.

Master
    Evri delivery this morning, 24 hours late, stuffed it in the mail box on garage wall, no attempt at the front door 5 yards away, only knew he was there because saw his van was parked across my drive when I looked out the window. Not much extra effort required to deliver to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    I was on the front washing the car on Wednesday this week. Saw two women delivering Amazon packages to a few neighbours from their van, running around like headless chickens. When they had driven off, I noticed two bags left on the pavement outside of their last delivery so went over to pick them up. To my horror, one of the bags was full of p**s and blood which poured down my leg when I picked it up. They had obviously taken a leak in the back of the van and just left it on the pavement!
    One of the neighbours who had received a parcel from these scumbags, called Amazon who said the driver would be dealt with. Low and behold, saw them both again today a few miles from home. Obviously no action taken by Amazon.

That is vile, what a pair of skanks!

Haha, ordered something from eBay, seller shipped and paid for next day delivery with Evri, should have been here yesterday, checking the tracking, delayed due to major event and now bouncing back and forth between delivery hubs with no confirmed delivery date.

Another order from AO paid yesterday for next day delivery, just been informed it won’t be today but tomorrow as well due to a backlog caused by Black Friday and the Royal Mail strikes and people using DPD instead.

It’s happening more and more and i can’t get through to anyone to find out what’s going on, honestly Evri and DPD are turning into a joke of a service.

Last edited by Martylaa; 7th December 2022 at 12:43.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I bought a small item that was sent Evri nearly 3 weeks ago. Tracking shows 4 days to collect, a week to get to the depot, two days later at local depot "going to courier" and no update on that a week later. Pathetic and only coming 25 miles. Seller useless too as has ignored all requests to chase Evri and when I opened a dispute, Ebay has given the seller another 2 weeks as it's been posted, so 5 weeks for a part that is needed...
    Finally got my Evri delivery at just over 3 weeks from posting. They then send a questionnaire asking how the person that delivered it performed? I really feel for those at Evri that do a good job with the final act of delivery as who is going to give a 5* review when the rest of the process is SO bad and there is no other opportunity for feedback?

Journeyman
    2 items ordered on 25 Nov - both made it to the Evri depot 2 days later but haven't made it any further

Item ordered 4 Dec and is also stuck in the Evri depot.

There's absolutely no reasonable way of contacting Evri - only the seller can complete a web form and hope for a response.

One of the items is the last pair was the last pair of Jordan 4 trainers in the country for the child for Xmas. Foot Patrol are wanting to refund me, I want to wait to see what happens.

Given these stories, I count my blessings I don't live in England (I'm assuming Dunfermline was a one-off).

Master
    I was waiting a bike part today - waited in - tracked it
    Delivered then returned to sender - what do you know Everi delivered it to the address on the packet - sender wrote on the wrong house number - grrrr

Master
    Order a new pots and pans set 2 weeks ago and paid for next day delivery……..

Arrives at Yodel warehouse the next morning and still awaiting delivery.

Contacted the company I purchased from yesterday morning and they were great. Refunded the postage and sent another set for arrival this morning !

Arrived at the Yodel Depot at 3.52am this morning…………

Estimated delivery date……UNKNOWN.

It’s almost laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Order a new pots and pans set 2 weeks ago and paid for next day delivery……..

Arrives at Yodel warehouse the next morning and still awaiting delivery.

Contacted the company I purchased from yesterday morning and they were great. Refunded the postage and sent another set for arrival this morning !

Arrived at the Yodel Depot at 3.52am this morning…………

Estimated delivery date……UNKNOWN.

It’s almost laughable.

Wonder whats happening to these types of deliveries?
    Are they being stolen, returned back or just sat in a massive pile getting bigger and bigger.

Journeyman
    I'm guessing there are far too many parcels to be dealt with as competition has led to shoestring operations. All undelivered parcels will sit there was a few weeks until there's capacity to do something with them.

Master
    Wonder whats happening to these types of deliveries?
    Are they being stolen, returned back or just sat in a massive pile getting bigger and bigger.
    From experience- way too many parcels - they need a robust and methodical set/ sort
    I would spend hours sorting out parcels into separate roads and in order to assist the guys getting rid of everything
    All too easy just to pile todays arrivals ontop of previous days

I'm out and just received this proof of delivery from evri. This is visible from the road but luckily is only fifteen quids worth of catfood. Also my local evri courier is a good guy, as in the photo he's not just dumped it on the drive or doorstep, so no need to rush back.
    Yesterday I bought a watch on ebay for £400, postage is free and the seller states rmsd, but tracking today shows its evri. I can't actually complain as the postage is free so I haven't actually paid for a service, and I suppose he thinks he's doing the right thing by me because of the postal strikes, but seriously hope I'm in when it arrives.

Master
    I've done a fair bit of online shopping recently and DPD haven't missed a beat yet. Royal Mail have delivered albeit a day or two late but one "Tracked 48" parcel seems to have gone completely awry when others posted after it was dispatched have arrived. Does this mean it's likely lost or just caught up sitting in a pile waiting to be sorted? The tracking number just advises that it will update when they attempt to deliver. I'm also in the Evri pile with a parcel that got delayed on 30 November and no further update.

I'll save my rant for DHL who have been the worst. I bought a pair of boots from Loake and they dispatched them on Friday 25 November and DHL confirmed receipt and advised that they would deliver on Monday 28th. Email that evening; no we will deliver Tuesday 29th. Email next evening; no we will deliver Wednesday 30th. Email Wednesday evening no we will deliver Thursday 1st December. Thursday and the tracking shows that driver is on stop 1 and I'm stop 8. Must be soon then. Tracking updates and it will now be delivered between 12:56 and 13:56. That time comes and goes and nothing for the rest of the day either other than seeing the tracking show as "parcel back at depot" at 17:02. Later Thursday evening an email received advising that they were sorry that they missed me as they tried to deliver at exactly 13:00 and left a card. No card received and the driver must have skilfully avoided the motion sensor and camera on my doorbell too!

You can't rearrange delivery so it's been sent back to Loake who advised that they will send it out again by Royal Mail!