closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Opinions on junior doctors striking

Master
    I suspect that 90% of those spotless SUVs are being driven to 2nd or 3rd jobs directly after the school run. Mainly due to the absolute hash made of the economy by the incumbent imbeciles so the drivers of said SUVs are now stuck in loans, leases etc. while the cost of living increases.
    Yes I’m sure many saw it coming blah blah blah but many didn’t and are now in potentially dire straits once the middle classes are all on debt repayment plans etc. the country is in trouble.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I suspect that 90% of those spotless SUVs are being driven to 2nd or 3rd jobs directly after the school run. Mainly due to the absolute hash made of the economy by the incumbent imbeciles so the drivers of said SUVs are now stuck in loans, leases etc. while the cost of living increases.
    Yes I’m sure many saw it coming blah blah blah but many didn’t and are now in potentially dire straits once the middle classes are all on debt repayment plans etc. the country is in trouble.
    I think many couples have had both partners working to make ends meet, for quite a few years now. I know we did. I doubt they were all driven out to work in the last few years.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

If they're both working to run an SUV each yet expecting the rest of us to help with child care they can FRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If they're both working to run an SUV each yet expecting the rest of us to help with child care they can FRO.
    But if they don't have the kids because they can't afford child care, then who'll service the debtload passed to the next generation if there is no next generation, who works to pay the stamp to support the current pensioners. ... The system/ponzi needs feeding new workers/investors otherwise it falls down..

Anyway aren't SUV's de rigeur nowadays in Blighty, what with the brexit bonuses, transitioning to a high skilled/ high pay economy and all that...folk've gotta get to work some how, plus signal how well they're doing/ put a smile on their own faces.
    Last edited by Passenger; 6th December 2022 at 12:47.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post

Anyway aren't SUV's de rigeur nowadays in Blighty, what with the brexit bonuses, transitioning to a high skilled/ high pay economy and all that...folk've gotta get to work some how, plus signal how well they're doing/ put a smile on their own faces.
    Probably explains why so many people want to come to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Hahahahahaahsnhorrrrtttt...but you know what, that's the little AmwericA we are I reckon...

Blog Entries
    Hahahahahaahsnhorrrrtttt...but you know what, that's the little AmwericA we are I reckon...
    Plenty people want to go there as well, apparently....

Plenty people want to go there as well, apparently....
    Utopia OOK, utopia.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn’t it be really easy to start a new thread in the bearpit? There may be cookies and warm milk…

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Wouldn’t it be really easy to start a new thread in the bearpit? There may be cookies and warm milk…
    It should have never been posted here in the first place IMO, but yes - needs to continue elsewhere.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Loads of people want to come to the UK. Personally I think where I live is magical. Others don't. But no point putting the country down - plenty of life in the old girl yet and the whole 'country's going to the dogs' narrative has been going on for years - this time finally people aren't blaming immigrants so that's something that has improved at least.

Move it to the BP and it will turn nasty, and much of the fair criticism will evaporate.

I cannot think of a clear social positive i have regularly witnessed from at least ten private schools in Oxford. 10! Let alone the greater number within 5 miles.

Let's not kid ourselves that they act live a charity, with a local social conscience. My main local PS has become a finishing school for the kids of rich families, many with suspect sources of income. The tax rate is pathetic - ie no VAT. That's 20%.

Go to a Business School for education, and you'll be hit by 20%.

Imagine what 20% from 544,316 estimated pupils at an average term annual rate £15,655 would bring in to a budget for training of key stage workers and schools? Approximately £1,704,253,396

Beggars belief that a nurse pays for his/her degree course while the uber rich get even more of a leg up. The PS system was created to give boys somewhere to sleep if the lived too far from home to travel each day. Not for what it is now.

This all has to stop. The uber rich won't notice, and I suspect "scholars" would be exempt from VAT. If the rest were that important a family dynasty, they'd school them in another country. Fees there are 200k+ and there you really are among the filthy rich.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Loads of people want to come to the UK. Personally I think where I live is magical. Others don't. But no point putting the country down - plenty of life in the old girl yet and the whole 'country's going to the dogs' narrative has been going on for years - this time finally people aren't blaming immigrants so that's something that has improved at least.
    This.
    People have been running the country down to suit their own political narratives for as long as I can remember, but recently it has got a hundred times worse. Recently both sides have taken it to the extremes, never admitting anything good, always denying anything bad. I don't recognise the country I live in from what I hear on the TV and internet. And I don't think most people blame immigrants for the problems we have, but I think they would want some kind of sensible controls on immigration. Trouble is, if you say that it immediately stirs up the name callers.

Utopia OOK, utopia.
    I think many parts of the USA are probably really nice places to live. And some are pretty terrible places to live. As for Utopia, I think that's a state of mind not a place.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Move it to the BP and it will turn nasty, and much of the fair criticism will evaporate.
    I disagree - most of the moaning is either misguided, ill informed or just plain wrong, including some of your comments.

You have been here long enough to know that the G&D is not the place.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 6th December 2022 at 23:22.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Many of my colleagues are heading that way. I am torn as I don't want to take my daughter away from her grandparents. So instead I am here struggling to pay my bills...
    Your answer is in the BP ‘strikes’ thread - and no, it’s not tongue in cheek as you are already aware of agency workers