I have decided to retake up clay pigeon shooting again and now that I am back in Blighty I intend to start looking for a reasonably good O/U shotgun.

I have a Miroku 7000sp tucked away in the cabinet and it has actually fired less than a thousand cartridges but I fancy something a bit better. In my old shooting days, the Browning B25 was one of the holy grails and were hand made to order in Belgium. The quality and finish of the B25 is right up at the top. Everything is hand finished and silky smooth, a bit like the old Leica M series cameras.

However most of them are 28" barrels with fixed chokes and are thus considered a bit dated compared to modern shotguns that have longer barrels with multi chokes and stocks with adjustable Combes etc.

So the choice is do I go for what could be akin to a vintage Rolex or for a more modern version of lesser build quality but more in line with modern trends.

My gut reaction is to go for the B25 but am willing to hear experienced shooters pass any comments on what they think of them.