closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Feast and famine

Master

Feast and famine

How many have noticed that when there's a piece one really wants, that exact type of watch resides in tumbleweedville?

Having very recently sold every piece to go to one watch, I find myself becoming (properly this time) an ardent Sinn addict, having drawn up a list of which one next in the order of desirability. And, even after a few days I find myself hunting out another Sinn to accompany this lonely one.

My desired piece is the UX Hydro EZM 2B, on a bracelet, non-SDR, non-GSG. Following a search I see there was a massive rash of them tumbling through SC on a daily basis, and now I want one - naddah, zip, niente.

Yeah, I could pop up a WTB of course, and I will no doubt; but this thread is about the peculiarities that haunt this crazy hobby of ours. Has anyone experienced this odd phenomenon?
    Last edited by Filterlab; 22nd November 2022 at 21:39.

Master
    It’s a great watch.

I prefer it on an SDR bezel though.

My favourite watch as grab & go.

When you get one, never sell it.

Your time will come.

Feast and famine

I spent 5 years waiting for one of these to turn up.

One turned up on eBay and I put a bid in thinking I wouldn’t win it as they tend to go for crazy money in this condition and boom I won it!

It’s so pristine I’m terrified of dinging it, but i’m slowly getting over that and am just enjoying wearing it in regular rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Nice! Worth five years I'd have said.

Thanks, good luck on the hunt for the Sinn.

I fancy a U1 next.

There’s one at first class watches if you don’t mind full price

My tactic for getting a wtb answered or a watch i fancy popping up in SC at a bargain price is to give up hope and order new.

Guaranteed one will then appear before the new watch has even landed on the doorstep

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    There’s one at first class watches if you don’t mind full price

My tactic for getting a wtb answered or a watch i fancy popping up in SC at a bargain price is to give up hope and order new.

Guaranteed one will then appear before the new watch has even landed on the doorstep
    LOL! Yes, I've seen than many a time. I did see the one on FCW, but I always default to used & loved from here. I much prefer dealing with the knowledgable TZ crowd as one is guaranteed a quality piece.

I waited ages for a Breitling Aerospace Evo Night Mission & after I bought one several more appeared on SC

Ditto the 2nd time I was after a Pelagos. I ended up with the LHD version, which was not my aim, but I'm glad I've got it now.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

And when you are skint that very desirable piece at the best price is suddenly available

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

One of my very few WTBs - for a Sinn U1 B went up in 2019. Over 3 years later: not a dickybird. I've never seen one come up on SC; given it's been in routine production for a decade at least, I find that amazing. Never seen one at a good price anywhere else either, always a hefty premium. Ultimate First World Problem of course.

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...metal-bracelet

Not a huge saving but any saving on a new Sinn is an achievement

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    One of my very few WTBs - for a Sinn U1 B went up in 2019. Over 3 years later: not a dickybird. I've never seen one come up on SC; given it's been in routine production for a decade at least, I find that amazing. Never seen one at a good price anywhere else either, always a hefty premium. Ultimate First World Problem of course.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...metal-bracelet

Not a huge saving but any saving on a new Sinn is an achievement
    Thanks for the heads-up - ashamed to admit I'd lost track of new prices, so slight WTF? moment there!

Think there’s another 10% off too

Craftsman
    I went through an obsessive phase with Sinn a few years ago and although I don’t currently own one I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to buy another if the right one came along. The fully tegimented versions are unbelievably indestructible. I dropped mine while cleaning it and in an attempt to stop it hitting the floor I put my foot out to catch the fall and ended up kicking it down the road like I was in a penalty shoot out !!! Sheer horror ensued but turns out there wasn’t even the slightest mark on it. From that point on it became one of my favourite watches !!