closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Forum uniform

  1. #1
    Craftsman FrontierGibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wantage, UK
    Posts
    978

    Forum uniform

    After many years, not least in SC, I've decided I know what the forum uniform is:

    Barbour Dept.B jacket
    Some kind of submarine jumper
    Levis 514s (generally 36-32)
    Boots (could be Loakes, could be Clarks, but will be brown)
    Seiko diver

    Given this is exactly how I left the house this morning I claim no moral high ground.

  2. #2
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    15,037
    You're not in official uniform until the jeans are 38x30.

  3. #3
    Craftsman FrontierGibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wantage, UK
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You're not in official uniform until the jeans are 38x30.
    I’m working on it…


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    27,916
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

    'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Not Sure Anymore
    Posts
    1,510
    Copy of the Guardian in tactical shoulder bag.

  6. #6
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,679
    I resemble that remark!

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You're not in official uniform until the jeans are 38x30.
    You forgot the size 8 shoes; which must make some members, when paired with the above, resemble a weeble.

  8. #8
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    6,333
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    Copy of the Guardian in tactical shoulder bag.
    Some kind of tactical knife in said tactical bag, of course...

  9. #9
    Master brigant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    1,364
    From some of the discussions in The Bear Pit perhaps a pair of jackboots would be part of stansard dress.

  10. #10
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die Fuchsröhre
    Posts
    14,565
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    After many years, not least in SC, I've decided I know what the forum uniform is:

    Barbour Dept.B jacket
    Some kind of submarine jumper
    Levis 514s (generally 36-32)
    Boots (could be Loakes, could be Clarks, but will be brown)
    Seiko diver

    Given this is exactly how I left the house this morning I claim no moral high ground.
    Er, I'm currently wearing Unbranded jeans (as recommended on and bought from this forum), a Le Tricoteur Guernsey (accept no substitute) and a Seiko diver. I'm also sitting in a desk chair as recommended by someone on this forum and will soon get into a car bought from a forum member to go to visit another forum member.
    "A man of little significance"

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Er, I'm currently wearing Unbranded jeans (as recommended on and bought from this forum), a Le Tricoteur Guernsey (accept no substitute) and a Seiko diver. I'm also sitting in a desk chair as recommended by someone on this forum and will soon get into a car bought from a forum member to go to visit another forum member.
    I should buy a Le Tricoteur Guernsey immediately you say? Well, ok then.

  12. #12
    Craftsman williemays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dubuque
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack83 View Post
    I should buy a Le Tricoteur Guernsey immediately you say? Well, ok then.
    A Tristan da Cunha Gansey is a more than acceptable alternative, but do not expect overnight shipping.

  13. #13
    Craftsman skmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Albans
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Er, I'm currently wearing Unbranded jeans (as recommended on and bought from this forum), a Le Tricoteur Guernsey (accept no substitute) and a Seiko diver. I'm also sitting in a desk chair as recommended by someone on this forum and will soon get into a car bought from a forum member to go to visit another forum member.
    I'm sure we've been here before, but just for the fun of it;

    Huit Jeans (38")
    Slim wallet
    Tiny feet in Trickers boots
    Huge jackets, Belstaff or Barbour
    Super expensive bottle of Whiskey in the jacket pocket

    and....

    wait for it.....

    Driving an M Series BMW (not an MX-5 although definitely have owned one previously).

  14. #14
    Did the salivation over unwashed selvedge subside then?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

  15. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    Copy of the Guardian in tactical shoulder bag.


    Millican backpack or one of the Rev's musty canvas satchels also acceptable substitutes

  16. #16
    Grand Master Passenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    19,655
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Millican backpack or one of the Rev's musty canvas satchels also acceptable substitutes
    Hey I've had good use out of one of Rev's stylish backpacks, 2 weekends in a row now!

  17. #17
    Grand Master Passenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    19,655
    Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Did the salivation over unwashed selvedge subside then?
    Curious about this also, so hard to keep up, on trend, selvedge seemed the way for a while there, then all the debate about to wash/ not wash...one reason why I don't bother, also denim is too warm most of the year here I find.

    Likewise for all these handcrafted jumpers...hell I just bought a new coat, a Shakaloha patchwork wool coat, love it but have realised since arrival just how heavy/warm it is, it'll last me the rest of my life, probably, as there's only about 2 or 3 months in a given year it might conceivably ever get cold enough to wear, oh well.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd November 2022 at 13:05.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    I'm sure we've been here before, but just for the fun of it;

    Huit Jeans (38")
    Slim wallet
    Tiny feet in Trickers boots
    Huge jackets, Belstaff or Barbour
    Super expensive bottle of Whiskey in the jacket pocket

    and....

    wait for it.....

    Driving an M Series BMW (not an MX-5 although definitely have owned one previously).
    70s/80s music on the ICE system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information