closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Curved end rubber strap for Sinn

Master

Curved end rubber strap for Sinn

I have a WTB out for a genuine Sinn silicone strap; yes I can buy a new one but £300 ain't exactly a snip for a deployant and a 20cm length of rubber.

Anyhoo, does anyone know of a non-Sinn curved end strap that will fit? Crafter Blue maybe?

Ta.
    Last edited by Filterlab; 21st November 2022 at 23:03.

Master
    I’m eagerly awaiting the answer to this one. I’d also like a fitted rubber strap for my UX but don’t fancy the Sinn prices.

I think Elliot Brown do one that fits the u1 sized watches

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/r...x-sdr.4892849/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    I think Elliot Brown do one that fits the u1 sized watches

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/r...x-sdr.4892849/
    That looks like a good fit indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I’m eagerly awaiting the answer to this one. I’d also like a fitted rubber strap for my UX but don’t fancy the Sinn prices.
    I just found a 22mm curved end silicone strap with deployant ends on eBay that's intended for a Mido something or other. I have a Strapcode ratcheting diver's deployant in my box, so I'll fit it to that and see how I get on. It's going on my 857, but that's the same case profile as the 22mm U and UX models.

Strap was £16.20, which is a fair whack less than 300 notes. I will update!

Craftsman
    A cheap option is Ali Express. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...7ef618022WFr25

Even cheaper here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=1OWwZMb0Si7C

They sell a very comfortable curved end strap and buckle. I have about 6 in various sizes and colours.
    The Red is very close to the Sinn red. If you have a Sinn leather strap. You could probably use the Sinn buckle.

They cost about £11 each and take about 2 weeks to arrive.
    Last edited by Metalic Mud; 22nd November 2022 at 08:57.

Master
    Very nice. Great colours. I assume the 22mm lug width has a buckle width of 20mm?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Very nice. Great colours. I assume the 22mm lug width has a buckle width of 20mm?
    Yes. 20mm at the buckle.

Master
    Nice. My Sinn buckle would fit in that case. Lovely buckle that.

Master
    I managed to get a loan of an Elliot Brown strap to try on my UX. Sadly, although it fits, it's a 'no' as far as I'm concerned.

The EB strap is shaped to point very vertically from the lug, and on my wrist it makes the watch a bit uncomfortable. Compared with the original Sinn rubber on my (departed a few years ago) steel UX, it's clear to see the difference of the EB strap on the UX S.

OEM strap on UX:

EB strap on UX S:

So, back to the drawing board. I need to decide whether to splash out on an OEM strap, stick with the bracelet or accept the UX is not for me, and get it sold.

Master
    Same here mate.

The Mido one I tried fitted ok. But there was a 1mm gap betwixt strap and head. That's too much for my OCD (or CDO if it's put in alphabetical order as it should be).

I'm going to give one of the ones suggested a try, but I've a feeling I'll be plumping for an original. Having said that I've just found one on Amazon which I think may fit so I've ordered a black one. Will be with me Monday, if it works I'll grab a red one too. I'll update.
    Last edited by Filterlab; 26th November 2022 at 20:11.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I managed to get a loan of an Elliot Brown strap to try on my UX. Sadly, although it fits, it's a 'no' as far as I'm concerned.

The EB strap is shaped to point very vertically from the lug, and on my wrist it makes the watch a bit uncomfortable. Compared with the original Sinn rubber on my (departed a few years ago) steel UX, it's clear to see the difference of the EB strap on the UX S.

OEM strap on UX:

EB strap on UX S:

So, back to the drawing board. I need to decide whether to splash out on an OEM strap, stick with the bracelet or accept the UX is not for me, and get it sold.
    The red strap looks very good,for the sinn, very nice combination with the red points in the watch. Thanks for sharing the pictures

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Right chaps, I think I've nailed it.

Following the post above from me old mucker Metallic Mud, I wandered around Amazon to try and find the same rubber strap as he linked to from Ali Express. Whilst I quite like looking on Ali, I'm often put off by the promises of pie crust, the customs and VAT charges, the very long postage times, and the impossible returns.

Lo and behold, I found it - sold by a name which is making its way into the watch strap world; Kai Tian (do a search on them). Yes I know it's £19 after everyone along the chain has added their percentage, but it's still not £300.

I ordered a black one which I knew would match my 857 if it fitted, but it will primarily be used for my incoming UX. As the case shape is identical I tried it on the 857 today.

Well blow me down if the fit isn't seriously, seriously, excellently close! And the strap itself is super soft and massively comfortable. I also have a couple of Sinn leather straps with 20mm buckles, so I popped the Sinn buckle on the Kai Tian rubber. Yes, the tongue looks a little lost in the holes on the strap, but other than that I'm very impressed indeed.

Now the Sinn springbars are a little too thick to gain the amount of flex required for correct seating, but the supplied ones work perfectly well and are nice and secure.

I've just ordered a red one.

Ahh thank yor.

The link to the Amazon page is here.

Have a look (forgive the hairs, I have a very fluffy cat)....

And on the UX (apologies for the dust)...

Last edited by Filterlab; 3rd December 2022 at 20:55.

Master
    ^^^ Looks like a good find, and I've added it to my list to try. Having said that, I've been wearing my UX on its bracelet for the last few days and I can't really see a reason to change.

Master
    The bracelet really is best. I put my 857 back on its bracelet immediately after the photos.

My incoming UX doesn't have a bracelet so it'll be on rubbers until I can find one. Nay easy!