closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Good Deals Thread

Master

The Good Deals Thread

How about a thread to share good deals? Either good deals you’ve had, or just spotted and which may be of interest to someone else. Could be watches, but could be absolutely anything else, from socks to motorcycles via holidays and eBay listing, hence posting this in the G&D. Could be Black Friday related, but January and beyond are likely to have more. With the economic news relentlessly grim, the occasional luxury at fire sale prices might be one of the few silver linings.

I’ll start, with this £969 velvet blazer going for £156 on YOOX. Now you might wonder what could possibly have made it £969 in the first place, but I’m pretty sure that’s what everyone thinks about our watches, only more so.

What have you spotted?

Last edited by Itsguy; 21st November 2022 at 10:37.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Thanks but I was hoping for something a little more specific ;-)

Apparently only 1 in 7 Black Friday deals is a genuine discount. But there must be something out there? I feel there may be a fire sale of luxury items in the January sales, if not before.

I was intrigued by this blazer which claims to be reduced from £1794 to £262, a handy £1532 discount. But on further investigation the brand doesn’t appear to exist outside of YOOX. Samples, a typo, an imaginary brand to shift old stock, or something else? Very odd!
    Last edited by Itsguy; 22nd November 2022 at 14:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Thanks but I was hoping for something a little more specific ;-)

Apparently only 1 in 7 Black Friday deals is a genuine discount. But there must be something out there? I feel there may be a fire sale of luxury items in the January sales, if not before.

I was intrigued by this blazer which claims to be reduced from £1794 to £262, a handy £1532 discount. But on further investigation the brand doesn’t appear to exist outside of YOOX. Samples, a typo, an imaginary brand to shift old stock, or something else? Very odd!
    The usual watch retailers seem to have genuine but mainly poor black Friday deals this year.
    That blazer reminds me of a documentary I watched about tkmaxx a few weeks ago. Alongside the genuine brands they sell they also have hundreds of brand names they have made up themselves and registered to empty offices they rent out. They then get the items manufactured in the far east very cheaply and pitch them alongside genuine gucci etc.
    Like the blazer you have pointed out the savings appear massive but are totally illusory.

Amazon usually discount their Security stuff at this time of year. I want a Ring exterior camera with dual floodlight. It's got a good discount in Amazon, but even cheaper at Screwfix.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/ring-cam-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    That blazer reminds me of a documentary I watched about tkmaxx a few weeks ago. Alongside the genuine brands they sell they also have hundreds of brand names they have made up themselves and registered to empty offices they rent out. They then get the items manufactured in the far east very cheaply and pitch them alongside genuine gucci etc.
    Like the blazer you have pointed out the savings appear massive but are totally illusory.
    I’m told (by a fashion insider) that some of the big brands make clothes specifically for them, which in some cases may be patterns from previous years, and left over or more affordable fabrics. Reusing the patterns avoids development costs and monetises old work, and can still turn a profit at the ‘reduced’ price. These are essentially brand new garments that were never on sale in that form anywhere else, so it does make you wonder what the full price and reduction actually refers to, though the garments themselves may still be a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I’m told (by a fashion insider) that some of the big brands make clothes specifically for them, which in some cases may be patterns from previous years, and left over or more affordable fabrics. Reusing the patterns avoids development costs and monetises old work, and can still turn a profit at the ‘reduced’ price. These are essentially brand new garments that were never on sale in that form anywhere else, so it does make you wonder what the full price and reduction actually refers to, though the garments themselves may still be a good deal.
    Yes, this was also covered in the same documentary. They used the example of Calvin Klein boxer shorts that were made exclusively for tkmaxx out of cheaper materials and with less detailing. These shorts were never available on the high street, only in tkmaxx but the customer isn't aware of this.
    In their defence, the programme did stress that tkmaxx has an army of buyers, I think they said 6000 whose sole job is to continually ring companies for discounts, excess stock, search for bankrupt stock etc etc. The majority of stuff in stores is genuine discounted stock.

the first jacket has been reduced so much for a reason - unless you are jacob rees mogg no bugger else would be seen dead in it . :)

20% off Sonos products at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Watch Obsession does any kind of Black Friday discount? I fancy another Tropic (in blue this time).
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    the first jacket has been reduced so much for a reason - unless you are jacob rees mogg no bugger else would be seen dead in it . :)
    You have a point there, though isn’t his signature style a comically roomy double breasted tent? However three buttons is arguably going in the same general direction…

Master
    Not a roaring success this thread so far! But I will share the only Black Friday / Monday deal I found worth having. Topaz AI Photo bundle for as good amount as you'll ever see it. Good for all your Midjourney AI image sharpening needs. https://www.topazlabs.com

Master
    30% off everything at H Samuel isn’t too bad, although I think it finishes tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Does anyone know if Watch Obsession does any kind of Black Friday discount? I fancy another Tropic (in blue this time).
    Could not find one anywhere and gave up plugging all the fake codes in on the off chance.

Journeyman
    I got a garmin fenix 6 Pro for £292 from amazon

Sent from my POT-LX1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Banks Lyon have an orange 42 superocean (previous model) for 1990 instead of 2840. Was going for it but tried one on locally and it was too big.