closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex service replacement sapphire glass

Rolex service replacement sapphire glass

Does anyone know if the sapphire glass which RSC would fit at a service would have the etched coronet? The reason I ask is I put my 16622 YM in for a service via Laings in Glasgow, and they advised me that the glass had to be replaced, as it was chipped. Now I could remember no evidence of the Glass being chipped, however I assumed it must have been at the edge, which would be hidden by the bezel. The existing glass had the etched coronet, however after a very close examination with a loupe, I notice the replacement glass has no coronet. Now, I bought the watch second hand and the serial starts with a D, which I think is 2006, could it be that the glass with the coronet was itself a replacement, and the original wouldn't have had this feature? Or are service glass replacements un-etched?

I'm not unduly worried as I have no intention of selling my watch, and I have the Rolex service guarantee card, and an invoice from Laings stating the glass had been replaced in any event, However I would very much welcome views/advice from the forum.

Many thanks in anticipation of your advices.

A

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    Does anyone know if the sapphire glass which RSC would fit at a service would have the etched coronet? The reason I ask is I put my 16622 YM in for a service via Laings in Glasgow, and they advised me that the glass had to be replaced, as it was chipped. Now I could remember no evidence of the Glass being chipped, however I assumed it must have been at the edge, which would be hidden by the bezel. The existing glass had the etched coronet, however after a very close examination with a loupe, I notice the replacement glass has no coronet. Now, I bought the watch second hand and the serial starts with a D, which I think is 2006, could it be that the glass with the coronet was itself a replacement, and the original wouldn't have had this feature? Or are service glass replacements un-etched?

I'm not unduly worried as I have no intention of selling my watch, and I have the Rolex service guarantee card, and an invoice from Laings stating the glass had been replaced in any event, However I would very much welcome views/advice from the forum.

Many thanks in anticipation of your advices.

A
    Mine have always come with etched crystals with an S in the coronet. Did Laings send it off or was it done in-house by a Rolex accredited watchmaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    Mine have always come with etched crystals with an S in the coronet. Did Laings send it off or was it done in-house by a Rolex accredited watchmaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you kinyik,

I was told it would be sent to RSC, as their in-house was off ill.....however that may be the answer, may be he returned to work as the service only took 4 weeks...

A

From memory the original glass which came with your watch if originally it had the etching, would ya e been the coronet. If Rolex replaced the glass at a service then the glass would have had a “S” in place of the coronet BUT I was told that Rolex stoped this and now supply non etched glass so it seems you have one of these…nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    From memory the original glass which came with your watch if originally it had the etching, would ya e been the coronet. If Rolex replaced the glass at a service then the glass would have had a “S” in place of the coronet BUT I was told that Rolex stoped this and now supply non etched glass so it seems you have one of these…nothing to worry about
    Ah...right, thank you Yeti, that would explain it

A