closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Christening gift ideas

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Christening gift ideas

Looking for a little collective wisdom.. we’re off to our goddaughters christening but we’re stumped for gifts.

Trying to think of something a bit more useful/ original than a silver teaspoon…

Any ideas welcome, budget maybe a couple of hundred quid. What have you gifted or received for your kids from godparents that they still use/ appreciate?

Thanks all

Master
    Premium Bond/s?

Any gifts at such any early age are a waste in my view. A few years ago a friend of mine a pavior dictated to his family that all gifts were banned for his two but funds could be deposited in there accounts for the future, he received a great deal of castigation at the time but his kids have been able to face 16 plus with a substantial financial footing. One chose uni and is well funded the Son had stepped onto the property ladder at an early stage. A great bit of foresight from the parents.

I works also say Premium Bonds.

I had an unexpected but very nice win on them recently as well.

A nice photo album and vouchers for enough prints to fill it.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

A gold sovereign from their birth year.

Could be tricky this year as they’re in very high demand due to having both a QE11 head and a KC111 head version.

One of my best friends bought both my kids a silver Britannia coin from their birth year which I thought was pretty cool.

Master
    What age?

Two we remember, both for my son, who was about 3 months old.

A silver teething ring from his Godfather with accompanied by a hand written note. He used it as a baby and he has it as an heirloom.
    Money for his college fund. We were living in the US at the time and that was the done thing.