closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wearing two watches.

Craftsman

Wearing two watches.

Is this supposed to say "I'm tech but also down to Earth?"
    Front page of the Times today - (I will remove image if there is a copyright issue)

"And that's where babies come from!"

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Master

Wearing two watches.

“You will never be able to afford a home, the pension age will be 117 when you want a state pension, of course it’s labours fault and nothing to do with Brexit.

Now smile at the photographer or else I will strangle your kitten.”

Master
    Have to admit, I have double wristed in exactly this way. Debated with myself if it is weird.

Is it?

Master
    Paul McCartney wore a watch on each wrist when The Beatles were on tour in the US; one local time and one UK time.

Master
    I love the look of nervous terror on the kid's face! I don't blame him, especially when you realise the nutter at your side is in charge of the economy!

Master
    Maybe it's not meant to 'say' anything, maybe he likes watches but wants the features of a wrist device. Many people appear to do it.

Thread title needs a trigger warning.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Basically there is a choice.

1. Wear a traditional wrist watch which can be either quartz or mechanical.

2. Wear a smart watch.

3 Wear both and have the best of all worlds.

I suspect it's only a matter of time that most of us do option 3.

Also this section is supposed to be non political.

Wearing two watches.

Considering the latest Apple Watch does such a good job of showing the time - the one I had needed a tilt of the wrist to switch the display on which is the main reason it’s in a drawer - there is no logical reason to wear 2 watches any more imho. The trouble is unless you wear a smart watch all day every day there isn’t much point. Which is why I don’t have one - all the rest of my watches would be in that drawer too I suspect!!
    I do quite fancy the Ultra - £850 seems a lot for a device that will be superseded by a better one every year - until you compare to the purchase cost and servicing of a decent mechanical watch - at which point they look like a bit of a bargain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobDad; 18th November 2022 at 09:25.

Master
    Maradona comes to mind :)

Craftsman
    Absolutely no intention to cause a trigger warning ( which I had to Google ) Can I / should I delete this thread? I just thought it's not often you see a picture on front page clearly showing the choice to wear new smart and classic three hander as a style choice.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    Absolutely no intention to cause a trigger warning ( which I had to Google ) Can I / should I delete this thread? I just thought it's not often you see a picture on front page clearly showing the choice to wear new smart and classic three hander as a style choice.
    I was only joking, should have put in a smiley.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    There is nothing wrong with the thread as long as political comments are not used. Everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I love the look of nervous terror on the kid's face! I don't blame him, especially when you realise the nutter at your side is in charge of the economy!

Absolutely this, it's interesting how just placing one of these rabid predatory psychos next to a normal human being the contrast is made so very clear, those poor children hopefully there are mental support services available to help them cope with, alleviate the trauma of this cynical and cruel encounter...though I've read that they too, are in woefully short supply.

Hunt saying, 'And that's why we push you into this unforeseen fiscal black hole'.

Master
    Used to do the double watch thing with the Apple Watch. More often than not though the mechanical watch got left behind.

Sold the Apple Watch and purchased an Oura smart ring. Problem solved. Or so I thought…..I still miss notifications and weather without getting my phone out.

As much as I'd semi-like to try an Apple watch, I can't bring myself to double-wrist like the photo in OP.

As a compromise I wear a mechanical on my left wrist, and a Fitbit Charge on my right which is more of a band than a watch-looking thing, so I don't look like some sort of weirdo to Joe public (or at least not due to my choice of wrist wear anyway).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Paul McCartney wore a watch on each wrist when The Beatles were on tour in the US; one local time and one UK time.
    And don't forget Storming Norman.

You sell this one for this week’s heating, and this one for food.

And as a previous Health Secretary can I strongly recommend the financial advantages you’d gain over the winter by selling a kidney. A good kidney enough is harder to source that a new 6 digit Sub. Although I can’t guarantee the hospital will afford the utilities bills to stay open.

But hey ho, watches eh?

Master
    Better to ignore the trolls.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post
    As much as I'd semi-like to try an Apple watch, I can't bring myself to double-wrist like the photo in OP.

As a compromise I wear a mechanical on my left wrist, and a Fitbit Charge on my right which is more of a band than a watch-looking thing, so I don't look like some sort of weirdo to Joe public (or at least not due to my choice of wrist wear anyway).
    I'm the same as Geordie - fitness band (right) + mecahnical (left).
    Hopefully I don't look like too much of a "Jeremy Hunt"!?

Only when I have bought something second hand when I'm out and want to check it is running OK.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the thread as long as political comments are not used. Everyone knows that.
    Forum: Watch Talk

Primarily for discussion of watches and accessories but no hard and fast rules

I might give it a go and see how it feels.

Smart watch one hand traditional watch other no issues with that as I do it myself sometimes.

Grand Master
    I only wear one watch, on my right wrist, as wearing a watch on my left wrist is just so wrong ..
    /vince ..

Master
    And don't forget the classic pic of Nicolas Hayek wearing multiple watches (I think Karl Lagerfeld wore a few at once too?).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    You'd have thought he could afford a GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Well, that used to be the case Mick, recently there has been a 'bleed' across the forum. Not sure if this is new people, frustrated people or Crapatalk.

Collectively people just need to be a bit more measured what they post and where IMHO.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    And don't forget the classic pic of Nicolas Hayek wearing multiple watches (I think Karl Lagerfeld wore a few at once too?).
    I can hear those watch cases grinding together from here

If you like it, you like it and that’s that.

For me, I don’t feel the need to track my steps, heart rhythm or check my messages from my wrist. A watch is something I wear as an expression of my tastes and style. To my eye, a smartwatch does not reflect either and has no functional use to me, so I wouldn’t wear one, with or without something more traditional on the other wrist.

As to wearing both. It looks awful. Then again, see my opening comment.

I like to wear a Rolex or Patek on my left wrist, and a Seiko or Seestern on my right - it makes me feel more balanced.

Craftsman
    My boss tried one of the smart bracelets but he went back to an Apple Watch pretty quick.

I almost always have a mechanical on my left. When working from home I wear Apple Watch on the right as I have most work notifications muted on my phone, but I don’t tend to wear it out the house as think it does look a bit daft.

Apple Watch also for the rare occasion I manage to exercise…

Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    My boss tried one of the smart bracelets but he went back to an Apple Watch pretty quick.
    I think an Apple watch is overkill if it's not your only 'watch'.

Personally, I've got a fairly simple (still too complex for my liking, it doesn't need a screen!) smart bracelet on my right wrist and a proper watch (A Heuer 1550SG today) on my left - wearing a watch on the right wrist is beyond wrong!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post

I almost always have a mechanical on my left. When working from home I wear Apple Watch on the right as I have most work notifications muted on my phone, but I don’t tend to wear it out the house as think it does look a bit daft.

Apple Watch also for the rare occasion I manage to exercise…
    That’s what I’m trying out to see if works for me. I’m heading in to office today and I’ll admit I’m think of putting Apple Watch in the bag. I just don’t really want the question about why am I wearing two watches, and then I’ll have to explain that yes the Apple Watch does everything but i’m a watch nerd or vain or just love wearing wrist jewellery so I wore a mechanical watch too…. Mmm, don’t know.

I wear Apple Watch on right wrist and Watch ‘De Jour’ on the left!

If you wear long sleeves then no one will even notice it, and if they do, use the ‘trying to record my exercise’

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I think an Apple watch is overkill if it's not your only 'watch'.

Personally, I've got a fairly simple (still too complex for my liking, it doesn't need a screen!) smart bracelet on my right wrist and a proper watch (A Heuer 1550SG today) on my left - wearing a watch on the right wrist is beyond wrong!

M
    So I mean his was like an oyster bracelet with some two kind readout on clasp section, and it was completely independent from the watch head - you could use it as a swap for any mechanical watch bracelet you had. A google equivalent of what he had is something like this https://whamond.com/products/wena-by...saAoa8EALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post

If you wear long sleeves then no one will even notice it, and if they do, use the ‘trying to record my exercise’
    +1 And I don’t give a damn what anyone else thinks, it’s what I’m happy with that counts.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Craftsman
    I can’t bring myself to wearing two watches but when I do take off my Apple Watch and replace this with a mechanic option, I miss the functionality.

I am seeing more people doubling-up but sadly for me, I’m simply wearing my Apple Watch more.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Considering the latest Apple Watch does such a good job of showing the time - the one I had needed a tilt of the wrist to switch the display on which is the main reason it’s in a drawer - there is no logical reason to wear 2 watches any more imho. The trouble is unless you wear a smart watch all day every day there isn’t much point. Which is why I don’t have one - all the rest of my watches would be in that drawer too I suspect!!
    I do quite fancy the Ultra - £850 seems a lot for a device that will be superseded by a better one every year - until you compare to the purchase cost and servicing of a decent mechanical watch - at which point they look like a bit of a bargain!

Reason could be that people like to wear a traditional watch.

No logical reason to wear a tatty string or leather bracelet with a watch but people do.

Wearing two watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Reason could be that people like to wear a traditional watch.

No logical reason to wear a tatty string or leather bracelet with a watch but people do.
    I wear a mechanical watch so totally agree. I don’t need another phone strapped to my wrist! - wearing 2 watches imho looks a bit daft, a watch and a band is a different thing. But each to their own!

Personally would like the health tracker but don’t want to wear to watches so traditional mechanical for me is the only way

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post

I have got so used to doing the same, for about 2 years now. Occasionally people notice and the reality is I do enjoy the functionality of the Apple Watch for exercise tracking (it's provided through our health policy at work), notifications and for actually taking calls when I'm busy - it can be used in the car for handsfree perfectly well, even hearing the kids in the back. I have not tried wearing it as a replacement for the mechanical watch on my left wrist, even once.

The downside for me is that I can't always read the display without my glasses on, notably when running and it's showing data. I also found when on a bike tour at the start of the month that the battery when used for tracking distance and other stats didn't last the whole day. A friend proudly showed the functionality of his Garmin Fenix and I have bought one of those to try. I planned to use the Fenix for exercise only and lose the Apple Watch altogether. The Fenix is far better at its core purpose, but I have missed the Apple Watch functionality. So now I'm leaning towards keeping the Apple Watch on the right and alternating a mechanical or the Garmin on the left depending on what I'm doing. I had considered the Apple Watch Ultra, but that wouldn't work for me as a complement to a real watch and would instead displace it. I'm not ready for that.

It may seem a waffle, but I've become so accustomed to the functionality of a device on my "other" wrist that I seem destined to double wrist for a while yet.

Ant