closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There I was in the back of an ambulance.

Blog Entries
    Update 2: discharge tomorrow!

I feel fine. My BP is still a bit ‘wobbly’ (like: 111/70 or 155/90 only a hour apart. But my BP has always been a mistery.

Typing this with one finger on my phone. I wear my right arm in a sling; the surgeon entered my body using my right wrist’s artery. Hence the short messages.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post

I feel fine. My BP is still a bit ‘wobbly’ (like: 111/70 or 155/90 only a hour apart. But my BP has always been a mistery.

Typing this with one finger on my phone. I wear my right arm in a sling; the surgeon entered my body using my right wrist’s artery. Hence the short messages.
    Either way, you're playing a blinder as we say. Keep it up going forward

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Either way, you're playing a blinder as we say. Keep it up going forward
    Hear, hear.

You just keep getting better.

Great news that the OP went well Menno. Hope you're back to full fitness soon.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Best wishes for a full recovery.

Blog Entries
    Quick update. One 2.5cm stent inserted and I feel A+ at the moment.

More info later, guys!
    Ah… great news

Good news Menno, glad you’re feeling ok. Chin up pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

More info later, guys!
    Wow!

Glad you're feeling good.

And good that you're getting out so soon. It's a drag to be in hospital too long.

Blog Entries
    i'm writing this exactly 24hrs after being wheeled into the operation room. Safe and sound on my owns sofa at home. Discharged around 10:30am.

I feel fine given the circumstances. No pain in my chest or elsewhere. Poking around in my artery gives a weird feeling in my chest; that part is bruised. That's what the surgeon told me last night when he came over for a check. Nothing to worry.

And I am still writing this with one hand; I'm not allowed to use my right hand until tomorrow evening. My wrist's main artery has to heal. I write a longer piece after I'm allowed to use both hands again.

Master
    Blog Entries
    ??good news thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    i'm writing this exactly 24hrs after being wheeled into the operation room. Safe and sound on my owns sofa at home. Discharged around 10:30am.

I feel fine given the circumstances. No pain in my chest or elsewhere. Poking around in my artery gives a weird feeling in my chest; that part is bruised. That's what the surgeon told me last night when he came over for a check. Nothing to worry.

And I am still writing this with one hand; I'm not allowed to use my right hand until tomorrow evening. My wrist's main artery has to heal. I write a longer piece after I'm allowed to use both hands again.
    Wow, you're doing well.

Interesting about not using the hand where they put catheter in. In my own case, I received no such warning. The wrist was slightly swollen for a few weeks, though.

It's all quite an experience. Glad you're doing so well.

More info later, guys!
    That's good news mate!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Back in 2011, I wrote this title about a cardio problem. And now, 11 yrs
    later, things repeated themselves.

In hindsight, I must have had some signals I didn’t get. Easier tired than before, an afternoon nap. And, trying to find clever ways to make heavy tasks easier. I’ll write this week’s experience because it’s not as common as ‘chest pain’

Last Monday I lifted endless wheelbarrels with leaves. I tried to clean my lawn before the rain would come. During the night I went to the bathroom and when I returned to bed, I felt a nasty pain in both my shoulders; as if I been working above my head. I went to sleep again (despite the pain, I fell asleep) and on Tuesday morning all started fine. In fact, I’d forgotten about the pain in my shoulders. Until I walked into the kitchen.
    Again the pain in my shoulders hit me. So hard that I was unable to breath! Still, there was no sign of
    pain in my chest. But the whole situation was
    so severe that I called an ambulance. The lady on the phone recognized the symptoms.

The ambulance professionals reacted quickly when they’d entered the house (and oh
    man, it took aaaaages before the ambulance arrived; exactly 12 mins… But ot felt differently! My BP was 210/130(!) and a dose of nitro under my tongue should help. Too good in fact. In no-time it dropped to 95/60(!). A very nasty experience! I felt completely helpless I can tell you. They gave me
    something (I have no idea what, I was too far gone) to balance it out. That worked in seconds they said and I was ‘back’ again.

With ‘blues and twos’ to the hospital where they found out that I didn’t had a heart attack, but one of my artiries is blocked; it looks like a string of pearls, the one with the stent is A+ and the third one is good. And my body had made new artiries near the stented one. That was considered positive by the surgeo who did the tests.

Take-away from this: you don’t have experience chest pain when you’re having cardio problems.

Up for a new stent tomorrow 11 am. I’ll keep you posted.
    Wow... congratulations on making it through.

This was always my favourite job on the ambulances.

If we took people in having an MI, we could go up to the cath lab with them and watch the patient being stented live on the spot via the radial pulse... as they were still awake... then say "take care" to them after their suffering was over.

A truly remarkable experience... arriving at a heart attack scene and leaving hospital 2 hours later having watched the stenting. One of the things I miss about the job.

The best Christmas present to you.. best wishes to you and yours.

G.

All the best Menno, take care.

Blimey. That sounds like a bit of an ordeal, Menno. I’m very glad to hear you’re on the other side of it now, and I wish you the best for your recovery. I think we car nerds would all miss the workshop posts, so try not to do it again… ;-)

Sounds like the procedure went well, keep up the good recovery Menno.
    All the best
    D

Blog Entries
    I haven't been in de shop yet. My wife threatens to kill me when I get behind the wheel of my car to drive the 10 miles to the shop. Saturday or Monday. We're negotiating about that. But they'll send some pics tomorrow.

Having written that, it tells a lot how I feel. Well, simply great. Yesterday was not so good, but today is the best day so far. In fact, I feel if nothing ever happened.

Glad it's working Menno, good to hear you're improving daily.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.