closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instant coffee fans - come out of the closet!

Red face Instant coffee fans - come out of the closet!

:) Too many ‘bean to cup’ coffee nerds and/or coffee snobs on here, so to balance the debate - who actually enjoys instant coffee?

Me for one! Kenco Rich roast. Try it. :)

I do rather enjoy Clipper's instant stuff.
    Definitely a time and a place for Nescafe etc., though that's when I specifically want that specific taste, rather than because I want 'a coffee'.

I treat them as rather different drinks to those I make with my espresso machine or filter; if I'm in the mood for one type, it's unlikely one of the others will tick the box.

Master
    My name is Dave, and I like instant coffee.

Master
    Some days I'll be grinding beans but when i cant be bothered or want a decafe there's always a jar of Aldi Columbian roast instant in the cupboard.

Master
    Well I like to “magic the beans” as much as the next Gareth Hunt...

Tesco Gold ;-)

Instant coffee fans - come out of the closet!

Been there with the Bean to Cup Automatic Coffee Machines, Aeropress and a 1zpeesso manual grinder.
    Various fancy beans ordered from numerous places online and apart from the Aero press they have all gone.

Me, I’m just an instant coffee man, or a council coffee please if someone’s making them at work…
    Tesco Gold is a decent enough coffee for me also…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red face

I used to drink Nescafé Gold, but now it’s Kenco Rich roast. :)

Highly recommended and no trace of the ashtray taste of a real espresso. ;)

Is prob drink Mellow Birds if someone made it for me lol.

Master
    I cannot know how anyone can enjoy instant coffee, it's way below second rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Some days I'll be grinding beans but when i cant be bothered or want a decafe there's always a jar of Aldi Columbian roast instant in the cupboard.
    Excellent instant coffee. I drink several LARGE cups daily. Coffee is one of THE best sources of soluble fibre which fuels our microbiota / microbiome. But not to be confused with insoluble fibre (e.g. bran flakes) which is totally different.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Drink mostly instant. Rotate between Kenco Rich Roast, Nescafé Gold Blend and boggo Nescafé.
    Although when I get the AeroPress out it's a treat.

Master
    To be fair I go for whatever is easier at home its bean to cup or mokka pot, at work its instant unless im feeling flush and want a Costa or S'bucks (but i can buy a jar of instant for the same price)

Nescafe Azera Americano for me, it’s the only instant I like, getting really expensive now though!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    I drink bucket-loads of coffee in the daytime and I'm happy with decent instant. Gold Blend is my favourite, but Mrs often buys Kenco because it's cheaper. I usually drink it lukewarm, I brew a mug then get engrossed in work and forget to drink it till its cold.

I'd rather drink tea than instant coffee. Filter coffee is fine though

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    +1

Master
    This, twice a day :

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    Tesco Gold ;-)
    Thank God!! I thought it was only me!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Nescafe Azera Americano for me, it’s the only instant I like, getting really expensive now though!
    Same for me. It’s £2 off from Ocado at the moment so I’ve stocked up!

Nescafé gold blend for years and years and then one hotel visit there was Kenco sachets in the room. I was converted. I went back to Nescafé to make sure and I couldn’t finish the jar quick enough and back to Kenco.

Otherwise non-instant is Lavazza or Illy in an Aeropress.

I'd rather drink vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Same for me. It’s £2 off from Ocado at the moment so I’ve stocked up!
    Thanks for the tip !
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    In some parts of the world you ask for 'Nescafe' as you would a Coke, instantly recognisable and even made with evap milk

We like Kenco Millicano Americano Decaff mixed with half an Aldi Cappuccino sachet and a dab of milk. A drop of rum or Baileys doesn't do it any harm on a cold night.

Master
    Aldi’s Alcafe Barista for me. It’s a rip of Nescafé’s Azera ‘fancy’ instant coffee for about half the price. I think it’s delicious with a splash of milk, can’t get enough.

See people at work dealing with the coffee grinds from their cafetières and I just couldn’t be doing with the faff.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Aldi’s Alcafe Barista for me. It’s a rip of Nescafé’s Azera ‘fancy’ instant coffee for about half the price. I think it’s delicious with a splash of milk, can’t get enough.
    That's what we drink too. Great coffee.
    I like it with a plain Digestive biscuit which seems to enhance the coffee taste😁

Just as in life, there are no shortcuts to satisfaction.

Craftsman
    I must confess I much prefer instant coffee to the real stuff. Too much caffeine in the real stuff, makes me jittery. Nescafe Gold Blend is my preferred choice in the morning. Decaf in the evening.

Hi all

This may upset a few, I have decaf instant with Oatly milk :-/

Thanks
    deano

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Off topic, but I tend to get a headache if I drink tea on an empty stomach - black coffee no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

They used to be 12 for £1 in the pound shop, but with prices up I now have to buy in bulk on Amazon

I'm also partial to the Nescafe Gold Unsweetened Cappucino.

Blog Entries
    Nescafé Gold Blend for me. Don’t have time for all the faffing around.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    This is a good site for keeping tabs on prices
    www.trolley.co.uk

Kenco Millicano. Double teaspoon, loads of brown sugar and full fat milk. I've tried every posh coffee method (and not so posh) and quite honestly for someone who only has 1 cup a day, the instant works best for me.
    My 91 year old father makes his coffee in one of those hob-top things and has about 3 cups a day. Not for me.

The manufacturers seal in some agent to give a fantastic aroma when you first unseal a jar/packet of coffee. That quickly diminishes.

What I have found when I used to use instant regularly - you gradually get disillusioned with your regular brand, and a simple change to another - reignites your enthusiasm.

Any of the 'premium' types is okay.

Master
    Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence is a fave, but we can't find it over here in France. So when we run out its a gold coloured top coffee from Lidl........ aint got a clue what its called.

Master
    Well this is the most appalling thread I have ever read in my long tenure in this forum.

I take only certified organic and wild harvested Kopi Luwak. Vacuum sealed packs kept cold and of no more than 100 grammes to preserve the flavour. These are hand picked and sun dried in a single layer of beans. I have them turned individually so the drying process is perfectly the same on both sides of each bean, any imperfect beans are rejected at this stage. I have these roasted on site to ensure single origin and I insist on endothermic roasting to a 17.5% weight reduction.

I grind the beans in a low speed burr grinder with 75% at 16 gauge and 25% at 13. These are thoroughly mixed.

I use a 1930s Bialetti stove top single cup Moka pot and preheat the pure Canadian iceberg water to 70c. A single 60ml cup is prepared with. 15:1 w/w ratio of water to coffee.

After pouring into a slightly conical white porcelain cup I leave for precisely 5 minutes and 15 seconds to cool and settle.

Then and only then is it ready to drink.

Gentlemen please reconsider your behaviour.

Red face

Cream & sugar? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BRGS View Post
    Well this is the most appalling thread I have ever read in my long tenure in this forum.

I take only certified organic and wild harvested Kopi Luwak. Vacuum sealed packs kept cold and of no more than 100 grammes to preserve the flavour. These are hand picked and sun dried in a single layer of beans. I have them turned individually so the drying process is perfectly the same on both sides of each bean, any imperfect beans are rejected at this stage. I have these roasted on site to ensure single origin and I insist on endothermic roasting to a 17.5% weight reduction.

I grind the beans in a low speed burr grinder with 75% at 16 gauge and 25% at 13. These are thoroughly mixed.

I use a 1930s Bialetti stove top single cup Moka pot and preheat the pure Canadian iceberg water to 70c. A single 60ml cup is prepared with. 15:1 w/w ratio of water to coffee.

After pouring into a slightly conical white porcelain cup I leave for precisely 5 minutes and 15 seconds to cool and settle.

I have no idea what goes on in the kitchen but just ventured in to see what the Mrs gives me in the pm, it's Azera Americano and she froths the milk.

I only drink one cup a day and that does me.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Coffee is one of THE best sources of soluble fibre which fuels our microbiota / microbiome. But not to be confused with insoluble fibre (e.g. bran flakes) which is totally different.
    That would explain why I always need a good poo after a strong cup of coffee.

Craftsman
    I often drink at instant coffee at work as it’s all we have. I have occasionally taken in coffee bags and those plastic filter pot things that you position on the top of a cup and let water ‘filter’ through.

I tend to use the latter at home as it’s nice to have a treat now and again.
    Instant coffee does have a different flavour, which is nice to have as well as it then makes you appreciate ground coffee and vice versa of course.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Heathens the lot of you!

Good man!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Heathens the lot of you!
    We're even "worse" than most. The wife & I drink Kenco Decaf. It's OK (ish) but not very strong so we usually have 2 teaspoons in a mug.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    I really do like Nescafe Alta Rica.

If it offends coffee snobs, that's great.

I drink it, but mainly during the winter when I don't want to go out to the coffee shop in the evening

Someone mentioned Aldi Columbian, never tried that one but my favourite is Lidl Columbian.

Can’t stand those like Milicano with coffee grounds. Don’t see the point, real coffee (apart from maybe Turkish) just isn’t like that and just tastes gritty.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 19th November 2022 at 11:25.

Master

Then and only then is it ready to be taken anally.

Fixed it for you.

Master
    For that I would add half a teaspoon of unrefined muscovado sugar

Craftsman
    Used to have a De Longi machine, got one of they pod machines in the kitchen that never gets used. Nescafe gold blend 7, smooth and silky is as good as anything.