closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Views/valuation on Rolex Air King 116900

Master

Views/valuation on Rolex Air King 116900

I’ve been offered one of these to buy. It’s an unworn UK supplied piece with original receipt, papers etc. The lad is wanting £6900 for it but I’m fairly firm at £6500. I think he will reduce a bit but not to my offer.

I’ve had a look at the usual sites inc eBay but it’s never easy to see what stuff actually sells for. There are loads for sale over £7k and even towards £8k but the fact is they are still for sale.

Disregarding the paying over retail aspect does anyone have any thoughts on values of these now they are out of production.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    I’ve been offered one of these to buy. It’s an unworn UK supplied piece with original receipt, papers etc. The lad is wanting £6900 for it but I’m fairly firm at £6500. I think he will reduce a bit but not to my offer.

I’ve had a look at the usual sites inc eBay but it’s never easy to see what stuff actually sells for. There are loads for sale over £7k and even towards £8k but the fact is they are still for sale.

Disregarding the paying over retail aspect does anyone have any thoughts on values of these now they are out of production.
    Plenty are bailing out of the 116900 having realised it's sinking back towards RRP.

I think the 126900 is the better bet going forward. Nicer case, improved lume and losing the white gold applied indices!

I would stick to £6,500, loads for sale and not shifting.

Hold firm
    You will get ur deal
    Imo

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Smile

Is this a Northern tight git thread? 🤣

If you like the watch, negotiate and buy it, or not. The end.

Is this 'lad' a reputable source? Risky world of fakes out there..

Also do you particularly want that one, not the new one? I imagine it would be worth trying to get one from the AD in todays market if you'd be happy with the new model.

Master
    I would say try one on before you buy, very marmite watch :)

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Is this 'lad' a reputable source? Risky world of fakes out there..

Also do you particularly want that one, not the new one? I imagine it would be worth trying to get one from the AD in todays market if you'd be happy with the new model.
    Yes, I doubt there'd be a particularly long wait right now. Much better option.

The newer iteration imo has some pretty nice upgrades over the last gen. The lume itself justifies holding out for the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Plenty are bailing out of the 116900 having realised it's sinking back towards RRP.

I think the 126900 is the better bet going forward. Nicer case, improved lume and losing the white gold applied indices!

I would stick to £6,500, loads for sale and not shifting.
    100% many flippers were expecting the airking to discontinue, only to find an upgrade released this year. Price has come off a lot since Feb for the 116900 as they realise more buyers are drawn to the 126900...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks folks. I will see how it goes. I’ve never paid over retail for the others I’ve had so it’s unknown territory for me. I’m going to hold at my offer and if it comes my way fair enough.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Is this a Northern tight git thread? 藍

If you like the watch, negotiate and buy it, or not. The end.
    You’ve got us sussed Garreth

I have the Air King, which I think is nice. Photos don’t do it justice. However, I wouldn’t pay over RRP.

I think you would get a new one fairly quick from an AD.

I got my watch at the time when ADs were keeping warranty cards etc. Imagine my surprise when the AD did not want to keep the warranty card. I almost complained 🤔

After, please show us the new very nice arrival!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app