closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 400 of 998

Thread: 2022 World Cup, anyone interested?

  1. #351

    Thumbs up

    Funniest moment from last night's game;

    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eAnvxTvjOPk

    He's such a complete plank Maguire....

  2. #352
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Funniest moment from last night's game;

    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eAnvxTvjOPk

    He's such a complete plank Maguire....
    Would you care to explain please?

  3. #353
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glevum, UK
    Posts
    9,485
    Blog Entries
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Would you care to explain please?
    Maguire has limited abilities ?

    Defensive headers maybe.?

    Crossing not one of them?

    z

  4. #354
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6,464
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Maguire has limited abilities ?

    Defensive headers maybe.?

    Crossing not one of them?

    z
    I think it was a shot

  5. #355
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glevum, UK
    Posts
    9,485
    Blog Entries
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I think it was a shot
    Even better ..or worse

    z

  6. #356
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,517
    I really don’t understand all the Kane bashing. He’s not a typical No 9, he’s so
    much more than that and he’s a wonderful footballer. He’s a nine and a ten and does them both as well or better than anyone else. His contribution in terms of his numbers of goals and assists is right up there. His unselfish contribution for Spurs and England is brilliant.

    I’d put Shearer, Rooney and Kane in the same bracket.

  7. #357
    Master hhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    …Kane was anonymous one good pass to Foden aside but knowing Southgate he'll pick him next game and to be fair we don't have an alternative. We are one top striker away from being an excellent side.
    Absolutely.

    England need another Jimmy Greaves who, by the way, is the only England striker ever to score more goals per cap than Harry Kane’s current ratio.

  8. #358
    Master Halitosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    Absolutely.

    England need another Jimmy Greaves who, by the way, is the only England striker ever to score more goals per cap than Harry Kane’s current ratio.
    ISWYDT

    COYS

  9. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I really don’t understand all the Kane bashing. He’s not a typical No 9, he’s so
    much more than that and he’s a wonderful footballer. He’s a nine and a ten and does them both as well or better than anyone else. His contribution in terms of his numbers of goals and assists is right up there. His unselfish contribution for Spurs and England is brilliant.

    I’d put Shearer, Rooney and Kane in the same bracket.
    Southgate doesn’t by nature play a style that gets the best out of Kane.

    The transition he’s made as he’s gotten older has turned him into such a superb all round footballer. His link up play and passing is outstanding. He’s truly world class and is capable of game changing moments.

  10. #360
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    ISWYDT

    COYS
    We don't need Sp*rs fans polluting this thread please. This is about putting together a team to actually, you know, win a trophy (ah of course you don't know!)

  11. #361
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    34,947
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    We don't need Sp*rs fans polluting this thread please. This is about putting together a team to actually, you know, win a trophy (ah of course you don't know!)
    Why not carry on telling us all what you think of Harry Kane? You really are a football genius, Ryan.

  12. #362
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,517
    100%. At Newcastle we’re richer than God and I’d happily pay what it takes to get Kane.

    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Southgate doesn’t by nature play a style that gets the best out of Kane.

    The transition he’s made as he’s gotten older has turned him into such a superb all round footballer. His link up play and passing is outstanding. He’s truly world class and is capable of game changing moments.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 30th November 2022 at 23:30.

  13. #363
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    684
    Curious the difference in Maguire's performances for England as opposed to MU, there must be something in their system or team that doesn't work for him.

  14. #364
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16,335
    Quote Originally Posted by craggie View Post
    Curious the difference in Maguire's performances for England as opposed to MU, there must be something in their system or team that doesn't work for him.
    Probably because the 3 teams we've faced so far are miles below the level of Premier League sides

  15. #365
    With all the experts we have on TZ we ought to have a poll to pick the TZ World Cup pundit of 2022

  16. #366
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16,335
    I'll go

    Germany 4 Costa Rica 0

    Spain 3 Japan 1

  17. #367
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Italy/UK
    Posts
    267
    I'll go

    Canada 1- Morocco 2

    Croatia 0- Belgium 0

    Costa Rica 1- Germany 3

    Japan 2- Spain 2

  18. #368
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16,335
    Quote Originally Posted by EBB21 View Post
    I'll go

    Canada 1- Morocco 2

    Croatia 0- Belgium 0

    Costa Rica 1- Germany 3

    Japan 2- Spain 2
    Wow you were spot on with the 1st 2

  19. #369
    Which channel is showing the Germany v Costa Rica game. Can’t seem to see any when I scroll through

  20. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Which channel is showing the Germany v Costa Rica game. Can’t seem to see any when I scroll through
    ITV4

  21. #371

    2022 World Cup, anyone interested?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    ITV4
    Thanks, I didn’t get as far as channel 118.

    Never been that far down the Virgin box before, fnarr, fnarr.

  22. #372
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bayern seems to be struggling tonight....
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  23. #373
    Fascinating, 5 mins ago allegmane and espana are going through.

    Costa Rica score one more and them and Japan are through, if no more goals.

  24. #374
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Leics/Notts border
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'll go

    Germany 4 Costa Rica 0

    Spain 3 Japan 1
    That aged well!

  25. #375
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    That aged well!
    File under "free speech".
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  26. #376
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just hurt myself when I fell off my sofa laughing.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  27. #377
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Leics/Notts border
    Posts
    1,385
    Costa Rica lead!

  28. #378
    Spain and Germany currently out. Who’d have thunk it.

  29. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Costa Rica lead!
    Germany equalised

  30. #380
    It was easy pressing the red button on BBC. Now I have to scroll through 50 channels to cycle between ITV1 and ITV4

  31. #381
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    34,947
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    It was easy pressing the red button on BBC. Now I have to scroll through 50 channels to cycle between ITV1 and ITV4
    As opposed to just punching in the channel number?

  32. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    As opposed to just punching in the channel number?
    Ah yes, thanks.

    I am no Jim Royal.

  33. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    As opposed to just punching in the channel number?
    Even easier, Samsung remote has 'previous channel' button.

  34. #384
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    34,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Even easier, Samsung remote has 'previous channel' button.
    Presumably doesn’t work when watching Sky?

  35. #385
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Deutschland wird Weltmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Germany will score an extra-time equaliser by Thomas Muller today and advance to the next round with a glorious 2:1 over Costa Rica next week.

    Then two penalties and a lucky 1:0 into the finale.

    Same as it ever was.
    I was obviously referring to the 2026 world cup, if that wasn't clear from my post.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  36. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Presumably doesn’t work when watching Sky?
    Probably not, don't have Sky and using Freeview.

  37. #387
    Controversy. This could be big.

  38. #388
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Why would Spain have pushed for the goal?

    They would have gotten Croatia rather than Morocco in the next round and Germany would be in the remaining pool rather than Japan.

    Bad idea.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  39. #389
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16,335
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Controversy. This could be big.
    Not the 1st time the Germans have suffered from a dodgy ball-crossing-the-line decision

  40. #390
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thomas Muller stepping down from national team. More to come.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  41. #391
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Not the 1st time the Germans have suffered from a dodgy ball-crossing-the-line decision
    Wasn't that one sorted out back in 2010 when Lampard's goal didn't count?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  42. #392

    2022 World Cup, anyone interested?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Not the 1st time the Germans have suffered from a dodgy ball-crossing-the-line decision
    Can you imagine if England were on the receiving side. They German press and the other 80 million Germans must be going mental.

  43. #393
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Can you imagine if England were on the receiving side. They German press and the other 80 million Germans must be going mental.
    Been watching one hour of critical discussions about the German team on television and Twitter and the question about the validity of the Japanese goal hasn't come up even once.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  44. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Been watching one hour of critical discussions about the German team on television and Twitter and the question about the validity of the Japanese goal hasn't come up even once.
    Good for them, but I can’t imagine the same in England and especially with the English press.

  45. #395
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's only getting better.



    Saudi Arabia to launch 2030 World Cup bid

    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...eece-cqwwnv9m7


    Last edited by Raffe; 1st December 2022 at 23:46.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  46. #396
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    It's only getting better.



    Saudi Arabia to launch 2030 World Cup bid

    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...eece-cqwwnv9m7


    Probably no problem getting support from the Premier league with the filthy oil money sloshing about.

  47. #397
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6,464

  48. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    It's only getting better.

    Saudi Arabia to launch 2030 World Cup bid
    I don't know what it's like on Lux TV, but half time adverts on UK commercial TV have been populated with some Saudi tourism adverts.

    Seems like they want to open the country up slowly to Western tourism.

    Hey, if a sh1tehole like Dubai can succeed, there could be a role for a triple sh1tehole like Saudi in the world. Just think, there are 200 million Europeans who want winter sunshine.

    Me. I would rather scratch my arse in an Coventry Airbnb in January.

    Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

  49. #399
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    35,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just to give you a sense of perspective how the Germans are discussing last night: screenshot of the Spiegel, auto-translated via Google.

    One small article about the Japanese goal, it basically says that it is very likely a valid goal and people get unnecessarily excited based on tilted view angles.

    Rest is about the failure of the team and the refusal of Bierhoff and Flick to accept responsibility.


    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  50. #400
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    5,054
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Presumably doesn’t work when watching Sky?
    Press the blue button on a Sky remote for previous channel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information