closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup, anyone interested?

Not a pen but still an impressive performance from Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Just to give you a sense of perspective how the Germans are discussing last night: screenshot of the Spiegel, auto-translated via Google.

One small article about the Japanese goal, it basically says that it is very likely a valid goal and people get unnecessarily excited based on tilted view angles.

Rest is about the failure of the team and the refusal of Bierhoff and Flick to accept responsibility.

Bierhoff fired. Good riddance.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Journeyman

Think Brazil look seriously good. But Korea played a formation that was ridiculous. Never going to match Brazil man-2-man in defence. If England beat France, I think we'll make the final........but we wont beat them!

Wow well done Morocco

Wow, unreal!

They look like they’ll be a handful for anyone.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Bottom line is that tonight was an excellent performance. Everyone played well. I get sick and tired of the negativity. We’re in the last eight of another World Cup with a squad of frightening ability.
    It’s because we are all waiting for them to fail. Southgate should go after the French from the start they will not expect that.

Master
    Good to see Ziech putting a shift in. Must be a different bloke to the one at Chelsea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my top 10, probably top 3.

Ronaldo dropped by Portugal. I wonder if he has a Piers Morgan expose on the way? Perhaps he and Portugal will go their separate ways and he'll play for Saudi Arabia?

Respect to Hajime Moriyasu the Japan coach, bowing in appreciation to the travelling Japanese fans. These same fans won great acclaim for their mannered, for tidying the stadium. Fantastic values rooted in tradition

His replacement just scored an unbelievable goal!

I predict a loud night.

Master
    Great midfield Portugal have.
    Pretty impressed .

I predict a loud night.
    The party is just starting.

With almost 20% of Luxembourg's population being of Portuguese origin, it will be a long and loud night.

Forca Portugal!

Great game from Morocco yesterday, Spain's pens were ridiculous.

Portugal thrashed Switzerland so now we have the full quarter final picture.

Netherlands - Argentina

England - France

Croatia - Brazil

Morocco - Portugal
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I went into this worldcup with the best intentions of ignoring it, but I have to admit the worldcup is still the worldcup and neither the bloody Qataris nor fecking FIFA will spoil it for me.

Looking forward to the quarterfinals, some excellent games coming up.

I went into this worldcup with the best intentions of ignoring it, but I have to admit the worldcup is still the worldcup and neither the bloody Qataris nor fecking FIFA will spoil it for me.

Agreed, despite the location is been a great World Cup on the pitch. Some tasty quarter finals

Master

Yes has been a real rollercoaster thus far and speaking to some who attended and have returned they had a whale of a time with not a bad word to say about the competition or country.

I think there is an element of media whipping things up because, well it's brown people innit. Just like all fans were supposed to be murdered when they went to the WC in South Africa. Elements of racism

That being said Qatar does have issues around its views on same sex relationships but we need to bear in mind that 50 years ago it was a British protectorate, a speck of dirt in the desert and is today on its journey to modernisation not only on an infrastructure level (already there) but also at a societal level. I'll wager Qataris are in general much more open minded than they were, say 10 years ago and hopefully the journey continues and in another 10 years they are more open minded still. But also this gives the West a chance to open their minds to what a modern Arab country is like - it for sure isn't a sh*thole in the desert. Maybe some Brits have realised you can have a great time without getting smashed on alcohol also. Works both ways.

So it has been a great World Cup on a sporting level and hopefully on a more cultural level the World Cup will prove to be a great one over time in helping groups of people develop their mindsets and views further.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 7th December 2022 at 11:44.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

So it has been a great World Cup on a sporting level and hopefully on a more cultural level the World Cup will prove to be a great one over time in helping groups of people develop their mindsets and views further.
    It might be worth remembering how they got the tournament in the first place by bribing officials with brown envelopes so I wouldn't have to much of a warm fuzzy feeling about Qatar.
    FIFA uncovered on Netflix will fill in the blanks for you.
    Yes the football has been great but don't forget it's sports washing in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    It might be worth remembering how they got the tournament in the first place by bribing officials with brown envelopes so I wouldn't have to much of a warm fuzzy feeling about Qatar.
    Yes the football has been great but don't forget it's sports washing in the extreme.
    Exactly, also the diving and cheating, VAR’s decisions, hypocritical players etc etc.
    It’s a World Cup i won’t remember, even if England win it (yeah right)…

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Actually an expose on that found Qatar had done no wrongdoing in their application however there were some concerns over England's bid and alleged coercion of Jack Warner

Master
    Actually an expose on that found Qatar had done no wrongdoing in their application however there were some concerns over England's bid and alleged coercion of Jack Warner
    Have you watched the documentary on it?
    Do you honestly believe Qatar did not bribe their way to getting the WC?

Don't start me up on bent policemen.....

I think there is an element of media whipping things up because, well it's brown people innit. Just like all fans were supposed to be murdered when they went to the WC in South Africa. Elements of racism

That being said Qatar does have issues around its views on same sex relationships but we need to bear in mind that 50 years ago it was a British protectorate, a speck of dirt in the desert and is today on its journey to modernisation not only on an infrastructure level (already there) but also at a societal level. I'll wager Qataris are in general much more open minded than they were, say 10 years ago and hopefully the journey continues and in another 10 years they are more open minded still. But also this gives the West a chance to open their minds to what a modern Arab country is like - it for sure isn't a sh*thole in the desert. Maybe some Brits have realised you can have a great time without getting smashed on alcohol also. Works both ways.

Wut?

It's a worldcup that should have never happened, for many reasons. Got nothing to do with racism, just with good old corruption, blatant disrespect for the most basic human rights and complete lack of football tradition in the host country.

Wut?

It's a worldcup that should have never happened, for many reasons. Got nothing to do with racism, just with good old corruption, blatant disrespect for the most basic human rights and complete lack of football tradition in the host country.
    All true of course .
    Can’t wait until the next one in ….. “ checks notes “ ……
    Murica . The birthplace of football . No racism either and certainly no human rights issues we need to worry about .
    Yup , all good , nothing to see here .

Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    All true of course .
    Can’t wait until the next one in ….. “ checks notes “ ……
    Murica . The birthplace of football . No racism either and certainly no human rights issues we need to worry about .
    Yup , all good , nothing to see here .
    Don't forget 2026 also takes place in Canada and Mexico; the latter of which is the bastion of transparency and moral fibre but at least they have a football connection, US and Canada is all about "new markets" of kerching!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Don't forget 2026 also takes place in Canada and Mexico; the latter of which is the bastion of transparency and moral fibre but at least they have a football connection, US and Canada is all about "new markets" of kerching!
    Yes, if we ignore Canada's appalling transgressions against their indigenous population (and don't get me started on commercial whaling).

Brought back happy memories :)

Jack Warner, OBE was a British actor. He is closely associated with the role of PC George Dixon, which he played in the 1950 film The Blue Lamp and later in the television series Dixon of Dock Green from 1955 until 1976, but he was also for some years one of Britain's most popular film stars.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, if we ignore Canada's appalling transgressions against their indigenous population (and don't get me started on commercial whaling).
    Don't mention the Alberta oil sands mining, either.

Craftsman
    Good piece from 2010 by Patrick Collins on Englands word cup bid for 2022.
    Question is, why did they go ahead with the bid when they knew at least 13 of the 24 voting committee were buyable, why didn’t they make this public before the bid?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-buyable.html

Go mancs oreet

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Since the day the U.S. lost to The Netherlands, I haven't seen, heard, or read ANYTHING about the WC here in San Diego. Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Since the day the U.S. lost to The Netherlands, I haven't seen, heard, or read ANYTHING about the WC here in San Diego. Maybe it's just me.
    I guess now that the little low interest show of the World Cup has finished for the USA it's probably just back to business as usual with the NFL.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I guess now that the little low interest show of the World Cup has finished for the USA it's probably just back to business as usual with the NFL.
    They should win that.

Master
    This is an interesting listen - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001f4xs

2022 World Cup, anyone interested?

Thought I’d stick the first half of Brazil v Croatia on, switched off after ten minutes watching Rafina spending more time on the floor than his feet, f-anny…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's been hooked for Antony.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Thought I’d stick the first half of Brazil v Croatia on, switched off after ten minutes watching Rafina spending more time on the floor than his feet, f-anny…

That's the Commentators' Curse writ large.
    ______

​Jim.

Wasn’t it! He’s done nowt for 100 minutes then scores. Luxury player.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    That's the Commentators' Curse writ large.

Mmmmmm didn’t want that to happen.

Wow! Congrats Croatia!

Croatia v England final anyone?

Looking like a NL vs France final

Boaaa.

Master
    Wow! Congrats Croatia!
    Didn't see that coming after Brazil took the lead.

Hahaha hope that Croat kid told Neymar to FO

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Didn't see that coming after Brazil took the lead.
    It was tactically very amateurish mistake from Brazil. Two minutes left in the second ET and they just keep pushing with 10 men... against a team that is known of its brutal counter-attacks.

Amazing.