closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wifi security cameras.

Wifi security cameras.

Over the last few weeks some bast#*d has been letting their dog shite on the pavement at the back of the house, it's obviously a big mutt going on its output, - sure a dog has to do its thing but I'll be looking to have a serious chat with the owner, - small wifi, movement activated camera should help which will need to be battery powered, any suggestions welcome.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blink should work for you if you have any chance of a wifi signal/connection at the rear of the house where you're proposing to put it.

Yes Blink are good and cheap too. Got 4 of them. Helped deter some nob trying to pinch a parcel off our front a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Yes Blink are good and cheap too. Got 4 of them. Helped deter some nob trying to pinch a parcel off our front a couple weeks ago.
    Harry, you surely need the one that emits an ear blowing gatling gun sound on approach.
    Scrote bags.

Journeyman
    I have no complaints with the Ring Doorbell and two movement activated cameras I installed recently after someone tried to force entry. Instant notifications to your mobile.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Blink stuff will probably be in offer soon with Amazon Black Friday deals

Appropriate reaction once identified: See where they live and bring back the offending substance through the horizontal slit in their door
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Harry, you surely need the one that emits an ear blowing gatling gun sound on approach.
    Scrote bags.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv2h-csnlps

I like this. Porch Pirates lol.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Appropriate reaction once identified: See where they live and bring back the offending substance through the horizontal slit in their door
    A friend of mine did this - he had the same problem with some selfish git letting his dog crap on his front path almost every morning. He deduced that it was happening at about 5am so my friend woke up early and waited and watched out or his front window until the dog and owner completed the morning dump. He then went outside, picked up the still warm turd and followed him at a discreet distance to the offenders home where, having confronted him, threw the offending excrement all over the front door accompanied by some appropriate advice about dog care .......................................It never happened again!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Agreed, it's tempting! Totally unacceptable to not clear up after your dog. We had a problem where I used to live, same spot every few days and same type of dogshit, never did find the culprit but we nicknamed the dog 'the phantom shitter'.

I look after a dog part-time and I always clear up after him, I expect others to do the same. Walking along with a bag of dogshit has almost become a badge of honour.

It’s a legal requirement, on top of being the decent thing to do.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Very apt user name; considering your problem.. . :-)

As others have said blink is a good option, I use Eufy, Amazon have some good deals every few months.
    Last edited by Rob153; 16th November 2022 at 00:08.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got some neos smartcams and they are excellent. Reliable, image is good, adjustable sensitivity etc.

Only thing worth mentioning is if the camera has night mode and your put it on a window sill, it will see the UV light reflection in the glass, so either go standard or use a UV floodlight instead, or put them outside but they need an external case.

Blink looks interesting, do I just need a blink outdoors, what's the sync module for, has anyone got one for sale, soz daft questions be new to this game.

Ah have now watched youtube setup video. :-)
    Last edited by number2; 16th November 2022 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Blink looks interesting, do I just need a blink outdoors, what's the sync module for, has anyone got one for sale, soz daft questions be new to this game.

Ah have now watched youtube setup video. :-)
    I use the Blink outdoor camera (3yrs old) batteries still reading good.
    The sync module connects the camera to the WiFi and can take a USB stick to record clips.
    Overall I'm very pleased with Blink😁

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I use the Blink outdoor camera (3yrs old) batteries still reading good.
    The sync module connects the camera to the WiFi and can take a USB stick to record clips.
    Overall I'm very pleased with Blink
    Thanks for your comment Rod, I've worked out that we'll need two cameras and the hub.

Again forum to the rescue

I was (and probably still am) enthused about the Blink system and then I found this in their, very comprehensive and understandable, FAQs:

Can I access my Blink system from my computer?

You can not currently access your Blink system from your computer, but purchase of newer cameras and the Sync Module 2 allows you to store up to 256 GB of files on a removable USB drive. The drive can be removed and used with your computer to view the files.

Master
    I've gone Eufy as it's got inbuilt storage and no subscription; quality is very good with 2K cams... However, you have said pavement - which I am assuming is public property and not yours? If so, I believe there have been cases of invasion of privacy where private cameras view public/ other private property, so I would be careful that you use the cameras legally

I did giggle that number 2 wanted a movement camera :)

I have arlo wifi cameras. They are on “Black Friday” deal at the moment.

Out of curiosity, when you say pavement, do you mean it’s your land or a public space? Not sure on the legality of having a camera purely to record a public highway

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...le-using-cctv/

Journeyman
    Blink sale started on Amazon today at least 30% off.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page...UaAubfEALw_wcB

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    I've gone Eufy as it's got inbuilt storage and no subscription; quality is very good with 2K cams... However, you have said pavement - which I am assuming is public property and not yours? If so, I believe there have been cases of invasion of privacy where private cameras view public/ other private property, so I would be careful that you use the cameras legally
    I had problems with Eufy. I had 2 cameras and the wireless doorbell which all went off line intermittently, sometimes for hours sometimes for days. Had problems trying to gt my money back too.
    I think I may try Blink now after reading the reviews.

Master
    They're doing a 2 camera system with a mini cam for £84.99 does anyone know if this includes the module or I have to get that separately

Quote Originally Posted by Chabsy View Post
    They're doing a 2 camera system with a mini cam for £84.99 does anyone know if this includes the module or I have to get that separately
    As I understand it, the kit comes with a hub.

Blink ordered and should be set up Monday, thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I was (and probably still am) enthused about the Blink system and then I found this in their, very comprehensive and understandable, FAQs:
    Can I access my Blink system from my computer?

You can not currently access your Blink system from your computer, but purchase of newer cameras and the Sync Module 2 allows you to store up to 256 GB of files on a removable USB drive. The drive can be removed and used with your computer to view the files.
    With the Sync Module 2 and a USB stick, and even without a paid subscription, up to 1,000 clips created in the past 30 days are accessible from the Blink App on my iPhone and iPad.

Anything of interest I want to save for future can be e-mailed easily from the App as well, so it’s unlikely I’ll ever need to eject the USB and access the older archive.

From the Blink FAQs:

Yes, Local Storage Clips (where camera clips save to the USB drive) are shown in the Blink app if you have a Sync Module 2 with a compatible USB drive and the camera is not attached to a subscription. When you open the clip List, your USB drive provides a list of the most recent 1,000 clips created in the past 30 days of activity. To view all clips, you must safely eject the USB drive and move it to your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chabsy View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Ordered today for delivery Monday (and can be returned up to end of January if they don't meet expectations).

Wifi security cameras.

Argos, John Lewis and Screwfix are all similar prices on Blink, just deciding if I need 3 or 4 cameras but will get this set as it does look good.

Anyone know why the outdoor cameras are primarily black when most people’s houses are light coloured with white facias?
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 27th November 2022 at 09:19.

The really polite thing to do, (not that this person deserves politeness), is to pick it up for them, put it in a bag, and put it through their door with a post-it note that reads "This is from your dog. I have picked it up for you. Next time I won't bother with the bag".

Nah. No note, or bag for that matter once gravity has worked! Can you imagine the accusations in that house!!