closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Searching for a scifi novel

Master

Searching for a scifi novel

Hello

Trying to find this book:

The protagonist is a some sort of deadly agent for a galactic government and ends up disavowing violence and becomes an ambassador of sorts . He marries the leader of a planet but its a ruse and he’s manipulated and used for intelligence. Ultimately he is sent back to his superiors in a vat after being horrifically tortured by said wife’s people as a message of warning . He’s restored to full health but subsequently becomes a priest I think .

I thought initially it was Night of Light by Philip Jose Farmer but reading the plot I think not . ( been years since I read it) .

Blog Entries
    Don't know it but sounds intriguing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Ultimately he is sent back to his superiors in a vat after being horrifically tortured by said wife’s people
    I've heard divorces can often be like that...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Don't know it but sounds intriguing!

I've heard divorces can often be like that...
    Mine was in that ballpark but insanity and alcohol got me through the darkest moments .

Master
    Blog Entries
    While people are thinking of SciFi - there was a 60s/70s novel I;d like to re-read:

Set in a future where most things are automated most jobs redundant so everybody gets a guaranteed home/food/basics, with those choosing to work receiving luxuries/better accomodation etc.

I read it too young so can;t recall too much more than this - I might even have given up on it - but I think it's worth a re-read. I can even recall the paperback cover was yellow/orange.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    While people are thinking of SciFi - there was a 60s/70s novel I;d like to re-read:

Set in a future where most things are automated most jobs redundant so everybody gets a guaranteed home/food/basics, with those choosing to work receiving luxuries/better accomodation etc.

I read it too young so can;t recall too much more than this - I might even have given up on it - but I think it's worth a re-read. I can even recall the paperback cover was yellow/orange.
    This sounds fascinating too. I don't know it but it sounds more like an (optimistic) history of the nearish future than a scifi story. ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post

Possibly Starship Troopers