I think I need advice, and where better to turn to than the repository of the world's leading experts in everything.

For many years I have returned from work's drudgery and relaxed by slumping in a Parker-Knoll Norton Recliner. I thought this was the epitome of relaxing chairs. I even had the latest one reupholstered.

However, of late I have been in considerable discomfort after a spell in the chair. I can't help thinking that my love affair with the Norton recliner is over. The cushion has an arras which seems to coincide exactly with the area of my rear upper thigh (apologies if this is getting a bit too erotic for you) that gives me absolute gyp and often leads later to intersomnolent cramp of epic proportions.

I am satisfied that I have no underlying medical condition save old age.

My question is - what in the present-day world would be a good choice of manual ( i.e. non-electric) reclining armchair to search for? It would probably be a secondhand purchase given the likelihood of my State pension increasing and the necessity of maintaining my present wife in the temperature to which she has become accustomed.

I am not well versed in the matter of interior furnishings. All comments and suggestions welcome.