closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC Fatboy and Forstner Klip bracelet

Apprentice

CWC Fatboy and Forstner Klip bracelet

At Tetlee's suggestion, I am posting more info on the Forstner Klip bracelet.
    Per their website:

"The Forstner Klip brings back one of the most popular bands in Forstner's historic catalog. The present bonklip-style bracelet has an 18mm wide central portion, with alternating brushed and polished finishes on the rectangular "ladder" design, and a polished spring-loaded clasp. Made entirely of stainless steel, the band is light, breathable, and extremely comfortable, having the ability to be easily sized in approximately 3mm increments for the perfect fit."

I'm not good at reviews so I will just discuss my experience.
    I love my Fatboy Reissue and have been trying different straps. I recently saw some discussions about the Forstner Klip and how it could be used with fixed lugs.
    I also wanted to use the CWC for dressier occasions and thought a bracelet would be the right combo.
    The Klip is very well designed for use with fixed lugs. It has a "C" shape with a small slit that slips over the lugs so that when you wear it, the slit is facing away from the watch head. It is a bit of a tight fit over the lugs but easily snaps onto it and is very secure once installed.
    While the central portion is 18mm, you can order it with 18mm, 19mm, 20mm or 22mm end links.
    It feels a bit flimsy when you first wear it but, in my opinion, it is for lighter watches.
    So far I really like it and find it very comfortable.
    A few pics:

Ad
    Last edited by William; 7th November 2022 at 21:52. Reason: Add pic

We can't all like the same things. I've never liked these bracelets, I think they're horrible. So naturally I think it looks awful on that lovely CWC. But all that matters is that you like it.

Enjoy.

I’ve worn G10s and G10 Navigators with clip on leather straps, which I thought made a real difference. The watch sat much lower on the wrist because it wasn’t sat on two layers of NATO strap, but never been a fan of these bracelets.

As stated, if the OP is happy then that is all that matters.

Thanks for taking the time to post this OP, it may not be for everyone but it's always interesting to see options like this for our favourite watches.

I must say it looks far better lay down on the desk that it does being worn in those particular photos, maybe it's just a bit too thin for what is a fat cased watch. I used to have a cheaper version of the bonklip on an old ATP military watch which looked pretty good, but if course those are rather small watches.

If I had one of these bracelets I'd probably throw it on the G10 now and again as variety is always a bit of fun.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post this OP, it may not be for everyone but it's always interesting to see options like this for our favourite watches.

I must say it looks far better lay down on the desk that it does being worn in those particular photos, maybe it's just a bit too thin for what is a fat cased watch. I used to have a cheaper version of the bonklip on an old ATP military watch which looked pretty good, but if course those are rather small watches.

If I had one of these bracelets I'd probably throw it on the G10 now and again as variety is always a bit of fun.
    Thank you.
    Tough crowd here. Definitely won't try this again.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Thank you.
    Tough crowd here. Definitely won't try this again.
    God ordained that the only strap to be worn on a CWC is a grey NATO, anything else is a sin.

I would not worry about it (look at the perfect strap combo thread, nobody here has any taste…)
    For what it’s worth I don’t mind the combination. It’s reminiscent of a 6b and the bonklip.

CWC Fatboy and Forstner Klip bracelet

No my personal cup of tea but it is great to see the Fatboy on a bracelet, definitely changes the overall look of the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    God ordained that the only strap to be worn on a CWC is a grey NATO, anything else is a sin.
    They definitely look best on a NATO, a scruffy single pass leather strap works well in my very humble opinion too.
    Last edited by TheGent; 9th November 2022 at 09:01.

Master
    I like a bonklip as they are light and easily adjustable. I had the Joseph Bonnie version, and a vintage oen I picked up from eBay. Both now gone as I didn't have a suitable watch. I'm not sure I'd wear one with a G10 but I think there is a definite connection, all the way back to the earlier pilots watches that the G10 evolved from. If I ever bought a Mark 11 or a homage I'd wear it on a bonklip.

Craftsman
    Would be interesting to see one on a pilots chronograph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    Would be interesting to see one on a pilots chronograph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From CWC WEBSITE

Craftsman
    Ive often fancied trying one of these bracelets but have never had a suitable watch.
    I think it could siut a T20/Mellor quite well.

The bonklip is a strange strap
    I love the history, the design and thought that went in to it. It is obvious why it was adopted by the military (mainly pilots) it’s the prefect solution to a specific set of circumstances.
    But the large gaps in the links, the square end links and further gaps these create, as well as finikity fastening system are an acquired taste.
    I think they look best on a slim case 6b like a Hamilton, Omega or IWC.
    The barrel shape case may make the thin bracelet look a bit odd - too heavy. I would be interested to see an example though.