closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle - Lots of really good prizes up for grabs!

Journeyman

Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle - Lots of really good prizes up for grabs!

Hi everyone, I hope you're well.

2022 marks my eighth year of spectacularly awful moustache growth.

I have proven beyond question that I am not good at growing a moustache.

But each year I remove the beardy mess that hides my double chin, and hand over my upper lip to a good cause for a full 30 days.

Now you may ask why I put myself, or indeed those I love through this - well, partially because I quite like it and it is the only time of the year that my long suffering partner will allow such silliness, but primarily because it announces to the world that I am raising money for the Movember Foundation - A leading charity that is changing the face of men’s health - And supporting their mission to stop men dying too young, of testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and through suicide.

This is a mission that I think is incredibly important.

Just looking at the simple numerical facts - Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men, prostate cancer the most common cancer in men overall, and suicide the biggest killer of men aged under 50 globally, with the loss of one man’s life every minute.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if no man had to lose their life to these three things?

I think so.

To help make this a reality, over the last few years I’ve grown moustaches and raffled off horological goodies with the support of some wonderful people and companies.

So far we’ve collectively raised £45,276.

Which is epic. And thanks to the ongoing support of some truly fantastic friends at some spectacularly generous companies continues in 2022.

There are lots of really god prizes up for grabs including:

In the main December 1st Draw:

The Antiquarian Horological Society - 1 x One Year’s Membership to the AHS

Bremont - 1 x Bremont MB Masterclass and Tour Experience for Two - Worth £990

Farer - 1 x Limited Edition Farer Lander Midnight GMT Automatic Watch worth £1,200 (ships from UK)

Isotope Watches - 1 x Isotope GMT 0º Olive Green Automatic Watch with full bundle of accessories worth £1,290 (ships from UK)

RENITOR - 1 x RENITOR 8 Watch Travel Storage Case worth £89.99 (ships from UK)

Two Stitch Straps - A prize bundle of 1 x handmade two piece strap, and 1 x handmade leather NATO worth up to €169 (ships from EU)

WOLF - 1x Navigator Triple Watch Roll & 1 x WOLF Watch Maintenance Kit worth £294 (ships from UK)

Zodiac- 1 x Limited Edition Zodiac Super Sea Wolf World Time Automatic Watch (ZO9410) worth £1,499 (ships from USA)

In the Movember Monday Mini-Draw #1 (Monday 7th November 2022):

David Rooney - 7 x Signed hardback copies of About Time: A History of Civilization in Twelve Clocks

If you'd like to get involved, and support the great work that Movember do to stop men dying too young of testicular cancer, prostate cancer and through suicide you can learn more and get tickets at https://www.time4apint.com/movember2022

Cheers!

Chris

Craftsman
    I’m in!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Excellent. I'm in also.

Journeyman
    Thanks for getting involved folks!

I'm pleased to share that Andy at Cased In Time has offered up 5 x Cased In Time rugged single watch holders for this Monday's Mini-Draw (14 November), and five people will have the chance to win a Cased In Time Rugged Watch Cases worth £18 in a colour of their choice (17 to choose from).

To be in the draw you need to have bought a ticket before 8pm GMT on Monday 14th, your ticket then gets you into the draw on the 14th and final two Monday Mini-Draws (21st and 28th) and the Main draw.

If you already have tickets you are automatically entered in the mini-draw to win one of these Cased In Time cases.

Get Your Movember Raffle Tickets Here

Cheers

Chris

Craftsman
    I'm in too.

Journeyman
    Congrats to the five winners of tonight's Movember Monday Mini-Draw #2:

John M - Canada
    Mark M - United Kingdom
    Ken G - United States
    Vratislav M - United Kingdom
    Scott S - United States

At close of play on day 14 we are at 619 tickets sold, which is a £6,190 donation to Movember so far!

Thanks to everyone who has bought a ticket already - if you'd like to be in with a chance of winning any of the prizes (including in the two remaining Monday Mini-Draws) please grab a ticket pronto.

Cheers!

Chris

Journeyman
    Hey folks - details of the next Movember Monday Mini-Draw this coming Monday (21st):

Movember Monday Mini-Draw #3 - Win One of Three €100 Vouchers for WB Original Straps by WatchBandit!

I feel fairly confident in saying that if you are reading this then you most likely have a bit of a stash of watch straps.

I also feel confident in saying that you would quite like some more watch straps. Because frankly - watch straps. Right?

In brilliant news, my friend Mick Jørgensen, who is the founder and CEO of WatchBandit is giving three people the chance to get their hands on €100 worth of WB Original watch straps each. Proper good!

With a little over 200 WB Original straps to choose from including canvas, suede, leather, NATO, Perlon, sailcloth and rubber the winners will be truly spoilt for choice.

Sadly, the watches shown in the pictures are NOT included!

The three (3) lucky winners of this prize will each receive a digital code which will allow them to redeem a value of €100 against WB Original branded straps at watchbandit.com

Thanks to Mick and the team at WatchBandit for their generous support!

Get your tickets raffle here!

Journeyman
    Congrats to the three winners of tonight's Movember Monday Mini-Draw #3:

Ken G - United States
    David P - United Kingdom
    Thomas S - United Kingdom

Who have each received a code to claim €100 of WB Original Branded watch straps from WatchBandit

At close of play on day 21 we are at 683 tickets sold, which is a £6,830 donation to Movember so far!

Thanks to everyone who has bought a ticket already - if you'd like to be in with a chance of winning any of the prizes (including a very cool Nivada Watch in the Final Monday Mini-Draw on the 28th) please grab a ticket pronto!

Journeyman
    Another prize added for the main draw!

Win a copy of "Elegantly Understated: 175 years of the Fears Watch Company" by Jane Duffus (Signed by the Author, Nicholas Bowman-Scargill and Roger Smith!) + Fears Bristol Blend Tea + a Fears Mug!

I feel very privileged to have known Nicholas Bowman-Scargill at Fears for almost all of the time that Time 4A Pint has existed.

He’s been a regular at Time 4A Pint GTGs, a guest on the Time 4A Pint Podcast [Episode #44: Refounding Fears, and the journey to Brunswick (Square)], during Lockdown, he joined the Watchnerd and I for a very enjoyable virtualGTG [Virtual GTG #8 - Nicholas Bowman-Scargill & Ming Thein] and in this year’s Easter Movember Raffle he won my Seiko Cocktail Time!

So I was very excited when we were swapping messages a few weeks back and he offered to supply a fabulous prize for this year’s Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle.

Nicholas is a very busy chap these days (when hasn’t he been?!) so left me in the very capable hands of Richard France (owner relations at Fears) who has sent over details of a rather special Fears prize bundle, which includes:

1 x Hardback copy of "Elegantly Understated: 175 years of the Fears Watch Company" by Jane Duffus (signed by Jane Duffas, Nicholas Bowman-Scargill and Roger Smith!)

”This beautifully bound hardback book, published to coincide with Fears’ 175th Anniversary, charts the history of the company from its founding in Bristol in 1846 by Edwin Fear, through to its closure in the late 70’s, and its subsequent re-founding in 2016 by one of Edwin’s 6th generation descendants, Nicholas Bowman-Scargill.

It is a detailed history not only of Britain's oldest watch company, but also of a family business that persevered through numerous world catastrophes such as two world wars and the great depression.

The book has a chapter devoted to each of the four managing directors who have been at the helm of the company over the years and contains numerous full colour photographs and illustrations from the Fears archive, of both watches and artefacts, along with maps of the former locations and the logos used by the company in each era.”

1 x bag of Fears Bristol Belnd BReakfast Tea - which is ONLY available at Fears HQ

1 x Fears Mug (also possibly pilfered from Fears HQ in Bristol) to drink your tea from

Not having made it over to Bristol to visit the new Fears HQ I am hopeful that whoever wins this prize is local to me and offers me a brew!

Journeyman
    Doing a little tidy up here (I thought I'd shared... but tiredness says otherwise!)

Huge Congrats to the winner of the fourth and final Movember Monday Mini-Draw for the Nivada Grenchen Super Antarctic Watch

Vrata M - United Kingdom

Vrata (a Time 4A Pint GTG regular!) will be receiving a Nivada Grenchen Super Antarctic Watch direct from Guillaume and the team at Nivada in Switzerland in the coming weeks (logistics to be arranged!)

Journeyman
    2022 marks my eighth year of spectacularly awful moustache growth.

I have proven beyond question that I am not good at growing a moustache.

But each year I remove the beardy mess that hides my double chin, and hand over my upper lip to a good cause for a full 30 days.

Now you may ask why I put myself, or indeed those I love through this - well, partially because I quite like it and it is the only time of the year that my long suffering partner will allow such silliness, but primarily because it announces to the world that I am raising money for the Movember Foundation - A leading charity that is changing the face of men’s health - And supporting their mission to stop men dying too young, of testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and through suicide.

This is a mission that I think is incredibly important.

Just looking at the simple numerical facts - Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men, prostate cancer the most common cancer in men overall, and suicide the biggest killer of men aged under 50 globally, with the loss of one man’s life every minute.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if no man had to lose their life to these three things?

I think so.

To help make this a reality, over the last few years I’ve grown moustaches and raffled off horological goodies with the support of some wonderful people and companies.

In 2022 those kind and generous souls were: The AHS, Bremont, Cased in Time, David Rooney, Farer, Fears, Harris Horology, Isotope Watches, Renitor, Two Stitch Straps, WatchBandit, WOLF and Zodiac.

Massive thanks to all of them for their huge support, I could not have pulled this together without them.

So how did we do, and who chose what?

When ticket sales closed on Wednesday 30th November 2022, we had sold 788 tickets, and raised £7,880 for Movember. Amazing stuff - huge thanks to everyone who bought a ticket.

On Wednesday 1st December, I used the random number picker at random.org to pull 11 random numbers between 1 and 788, and then contacted the winners one-by-one, so they could choose their prizes.

Here are our lucky winners, and the prizes they picked:

Ken G. (USA) - RENITOR 8 Watch Travel Storage Case

Mehmet B. (UK) - Limited Edition Zodiac Super Sea Wolf World Time Automatic Watch

Emil S. (Sweden) - Limited Edition Farer Lander Midnight GMT Automatic Watch

Paul L. (USA) - Limited Edition Isotope GMT 0º Olive Green Automatic Watch with full bundle of accessories

Gilbert H. (Canada) - WOLF Navigator Triple Watch Roll & a WOLF Watch Maintenance Kit

Chris T. (UK) - a Bergeon WatchCare Kit donated by Harris Horology

Hugo S. (UK) - a pair of handmade leather watch straps from Two Stitch Straps

Mark P. (UK) - a Signed Copy of 'About Time: A History of Civilization in Twelve Clocks' by David Rooney

Nick W. (UK) - a Bremont MB Masterclass and Tour Experience for Two

Andrew C. (UK) - a copy of "Elegantly Understated: 175 years of the Fears Watch Company" by Jane Duffus + Fears Bristol Blend Tea + a Fears Mug

Stewart A. (USA) - a one year membership to the Antiquarian Horological Society

All of the prizes have now been shipped, chosen, or booked, and after paying for postage and packaging there was £1320 left over, which I donated to Movember.

Giving us a grand total from the raffle of £9,200.

Through some incredibly generous cash donations, we raised a further £375 - massive thanks to the lovely folks who gave their support this way.

This took our 2022 Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle fundraising total to £9,575, which combined with the Movember 2021 Summer Raffle gives us a total for the year of £12,670, and the lifetime Time 4A Pint Movember total to more than £54,000.

Epic stuff, and all down to you. You wonderful, wonderful people.

I want to wrap things up by saying thanks to everyone who bought a ticket, to The AHS, Bremont, Cased in Time, David Rooney, Farer, Fears, Harris Horology, Isotope Watches, Renitor, Two Stitch Straps, WatchBandit, WOLF and Zodiac for generously providing prizes, and to the lovely folks who made cash donations too.

Your support will help Movember to stop men dying too young, of testicular cancer, of prostate cancer, and through suicide. And that’s the best prize there is.

It’s possible to make a donation for a few more days, so if you missed out and would like to contribute, you can do so on my Movember page (Mo Space).

Until next time - Cheers!

Chris Mann

Time 4A Pint