closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PP Aquanaut pre-owned!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Disgraceful. PP have to approve every buyer according to my contact at Boodles, btw, so they’re seemingly a lot more interested than the likes of Rolex (hence my scepticism).
    Perhaps they were conflating application pieces with ‘normal’ pieces. Wouldn’t expect any sports models (seemingly the focus here) to need external sign off

Quote Originally Posted by crooky13 View Post
    Perhaps they were conflating application pieces with ‘normal’ pieces. Wouldn’t expect any sports models (seemingly the focus here) to need external sign off
    They were absolutely talking about sports models. My own acquisition of a Nautilus had to be approved (I’d been waiting for about a year).
    Last edited by learningtofly; 19th November 2022 at 23:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Pragnell (Mount Street) are especially well known for this too….to get anything PP you’re asked (coerced) to buy jewellery you didn’t know you wanted too……
    I know someone who made a very, very strong jewelry purchase there (in my opinion anyway).

What they thought they were getting in return was very different from what they actually ended up getting. I would have lost it at them.

PP Aquanaut pre-owned!

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Rarely worn but its the last watch id ever sell.(probably!)
    Its the most comfortable, the lightest, and other than watch forum nerds nobody gives it a second glance.
    Strange (IMO) that some like a watch to be hefty!

I wouldn't mind if to buy an Aquanaut they insisted you also bought a Royal Oak and Daytona

Craftsman
    I’m calling bullshit on that. I reckon they’d lose their AD status with Patek if they were to try it.
    Call anything you want , I’m just repeating what a very long standing member of staff told me.

To be fair I haven’t got the will nor inclination to make up a story like that , in fact why would I ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Call anything you want , I’m just repeating what a very long standing member of staff told me.

To be fair I haven’t got the will nor inclination to make up a story like that , in fact why would I ?
    I wasn’t suggesting for a moment that you’d made it up - apologies if it came across that way.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I know someone who made a very, very strong jewelry purchase there (in my opinion anyway).

What they thought they were getting in return was very different from what they actually ended up getting. I would have lost it at them.
    £50,000?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    £50,000?
    Not quite but a lot of money nonetheless

I'd be fuming. I think he is too but is playing it down

Craftsman
    I wasn’t suggesting for a moment that you’d made it up - apologies if it came across that way.

Accepted , thanks.

Master
    PP have to approve every buyer according to my contact at Boodles, btw, so they’re seemingly a lot more interested than the likes of Rolex (hence my scepticism).
    What has this 'hobby' turned into ? Behaviour like this that's making me lose the 'love' to be honest.