closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spotify family and Alexa

Spotify family and Alexa

Hoping that someone more technically adept than me will be able to help.

I have subscribed to Spotify family as my youngest needs voice control due to eyesight issues. We have 3 Alexas in the house, and I would like to link each one to Spotify so each can play different music simultaneously. I cannot work out how to do it, even though I should be able to have 6 separate users.

Frustrating as managed to make the shower, lights, and sockets Alexa controlled, but can’t figure this one out.

Any help gratefully received, thanks!

Master
    I've no idea how it works. But I was once in yoga class, the teacher used spotify for her play list. Half way through the music stopped and "baby shark!" came on. Her son at home was using spotify via alexa to play his favorite song.

I'm not sure you can have multiple Spotify accounts on Alexa.

We have Spotify family and I set up a new Spotify account and linked that to Alexa to avoid having whatever is played on the devices cluttering up one of our own Spotify accounts. It also stops the issue of it suddenly playing something else when another member tries to play on their phone.

Cheers, Shaun

I set up a couple of the new Sonos last night and one of the prompts was the ability to have multiple Sonos accounts on the speakers for different users. Might be worth looking into. The new Sonos have assistant built in and you can choose Alexa or Google.

Master

Yes tried that thanks, Amazon won’t let me create a teenage profile for some reason.