closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Withheld Rolex tags etc at AD

Withheld Rolex tags etc at AD

I'm not buying a new Rolex of any description but I hear how the AD keeps certain tags or whatever, do they ever give them to the customer after some time has passed ?

Master
    This is true, I can't wait until Rolex make cars and take your £50k but keep the wheels and the seats
    Absolutely pathetic

I would honestly walk away. You might think that sounds petty but I absolutely would.

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    This is true, I can't wait until Rolex make cars and take your £50k but keep the wheels and the seats
    Absolutely pathetic
    Hardly the same. They've sold you the watch not the packaging.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    They sold me everything, the box, the tags, the little paper bag it all comes in. If Church's kept the laces for your new brogues there would be uproar. I bought everything, not just bits!

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    They sold me everything, the box, the tags, the little paper bag it all comes in. If Church's kept the laces for your new brogues there would be uproar. I bought everything, not just bits!
    Again, laces are an essential part of the shoe.

Tag, coffins and all that nonsense are for delivery and use at the dealership. Do you expect to get any plastic wrapping or window stickers that your car might be delivered with?

There's a design department that are paid to design, prototype, improve, and then produce items that complement the watch –*to help give the customer the feeling they've bought in to something special.

Watches are delivered to ADs in protective coffin cases which are not meant to be customer facing. But everything else is part of the purchase experience, as intended by the brand. Packaging is important, whether you want it or not – I'm sure you'd be asking for a discount if the AD presented your new watch in a brown jiffy bag.

Blog Entries
    Last one I bought from WoS there was a “mistake” - this was in 2020 covid times and I could not pickup immediately - and they did not enclose both hang tags (the green chronometer one included). Later they acknowledged their mistake but could not locate it. But otherwise complete.

previously I had bought a YM40 RG and they kindly forgot to remove the stickers but kept the guarantee card - gave me a photocopy - which I got after 1yr.

I think that is what the OP meant? Not common practice now. The guarantee card is pretty much digital now - no name / address on the card anymore.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 2nd November 2022 at 16:27.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Rolex themselves tell you what youre going to get in the box "officially" https://www.rolex.com/buying-a-rolex...lex-watch.html

Additionals like white inventory tag, coffin, protector, aren't "yours" with the watch. They're bonuses from transportation and discretionary.

There are always plenty for sale on EBay, if one is needed they can be picked up there for a reasonable sum
    I often wonder where the sellers get them from…

Treat em mean, keep em keen.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    There are always plenty for sale on EBay, if one is needed they can be picked up there for a reasonable sum
    I often wonder where the sellers get them from…
    Dealers sales folk?

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Rolex themselves tell you what youre going to get in the box "officially" https://www.rolex.com/buying-a-rolex...lex-watch.html

Additionals like white inventory tag, coffin, protector, aren't "yours" with the watch. They're bonuses from transportation and discretionary.
    Don’t come on here as the voice of common sense and reason.😀

There are folk with serious moaning to do!🤣

Have to say it would be fun to get back to the days where the boxes and packaging wasn’t that important to the watch experience and people wore their watches outside the home and let a little rain fall on them

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Treat em mean, keep em keen.
    Can you remove your second tag line as no one wants politics in Watch talk.

Save it for the bear pit.

Don't stress, talk to them as an enthusiastic buyer and everything will be okay

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

Good to know!

Craftsman
    I seem to remember a long while ago reading that Rolex suggested the boxes were ideal for keeping your fags and cigars in

Craftsman
    I didn’t receive the tags on my last 2 purchases and was told by my AD it was their policy not to give them out !
    It wasn’t a biggy as I got the watches I really wanted but it would have been nice to have received “the whole package” !

Master
    Anyone who buys a Rolex at the bargain price of RRP from an AD and then moans about not getting a bit of plastic and a few other fripperies has got a mental problem.

If you feel that strongly about it, walk away the deal and allow someone else to buy it. I very much doubt that they will moan about it.

Craftsman
    Picked up a GMT II the week before last, got all the hangtags as always.

Yet another Rolex non-story.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Yet another Rolex non-story.

Indeed. Who would have thought it?

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Picked up a GMT II the week before last, got all the hangtags as always.
    Another lucky, 'opportunity knocks' purchase? I look forward to seeing it on SC in a few weeks at some ridiculous mark up.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Another lucky, 'opportunity knocks' purchase? I look forward to seeing it on SC in a few weeks at some ridiculous mark up.
    Nice to know you're thinking of me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Nice to know you're thinking of me.
    Always sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I'm not buying a new Rolex of any description but I hear how the AD keeps certain tags or whatever, do they ever give them to the customer after some time has passed ?
    Mine also came with all the bits.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've always had the hang tag/rosette thing, all the boxes inner and outer, but never had the bezel protector

I did ask last time if they could leave the sticker on the case back to stop scratches from the clasp happy to remove all the others but no joy.

Recently I haven't had the outer sleeve for the box, bezel protector, or one of the hang tags. Not super bothered as the watch, box, and warranty card is what I'm actually buying.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I've always had the hang tag/rosette thing, all the boxes inner and outer, but never had the bezel protector

I did ask last time if they could leave the sticker on the case back to stop scratches from the clasp happy to remove all the others but no joy.
    If I was collecting a new Rolex I would expect the tags and all packaging. Surprised they wanted to remove the case back plastic, but easy enough to apply some paint protection film or even helicopter tape to the back.

Strange state of affairs returns to Rolex dealers, it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    ... easy enough to apply some paint protection film or even helicopter tape to the back.
    Or case back stickers, readily available through eBay, etc!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Anyone who buys a Rolex at the bargain price of RRP from an AD and then moans about not getting a bit of plastic and a few other fripperies has got a mental problem.

If you feel that strongly about it, walk away the deal and allow someone else to buy it. I very much doubt that they will moan about it.
    It seems different ADs have their own policies on these things. However, I do wonder why they would want to irk a customer by not giving the virtually worthless bits if requested. What do the honest ADs do with them anyway, anybody in the know care to speculate?

Argos I notice is getting the same way - picked up a snoopy timex and they throw the cover in the bin - when I climbed over the counter to get it they called security.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    What do the honest ADs do with them anyway, anybody in the know care to speculate?
    I wonder

etc....

#hoarder
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 3rd November 2022 at 13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I wonder

#hoarder
    aaaah I know now, thanks for putting me right Haywood :) :) :) :)

Thats some hoard !!!!!!!!!!

Coffin and bezel protector are packaging. These are not meant to reach the end user.

However I like the outer white sleeve, and both swing tags.

Craftsman

Withheld Rolex tags etc at AD

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Coffin and bezel protector are packaging. These are not meant to reach the end user.

However I like the outer white sleeve, and both swing tags.
    I can’t for the life of me think why the transport box is called a coffin. Who ever came up with that one?

Last edited by ALindsay; 4th November 2022 at 09:49.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Can you remove your second tag line as no one wants politics in Watch talk.

Save it for the bear pit.

Never read anyones tag line before until I read your post and went back to see why you were making a fuss.

You really need to get a life if that upsets you so much you have to post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Never read anyones tag line before until I read your post and went back to see why you were making a fuss.

You really need to get a life if that upsets you so much you have to post about it.
    Where is it, his signature, but can't see he has one?

Craftsman
    Where is it, his signature, but can't see he has one?
    mjc 1216 was getting his knickers in a twist over the tag line at the bottom of #11

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    mjc 1216 was getting his knickers in a twist over the tag line at the bottom of #11

I did refer it to Eddie as it was appearing in Watch Talk and G&D...

I don't have a problem with number2 and his friends in the bear pit as i avoid it but allowing it in the general forum is probably against the rules but i don't make them so let Eddie decide.
    Last edited by mjc1216; 4th November 2022 at 20:42.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I did refer it to Eddie as it was appearing in Watch Talk and G&D...

I don't have a problem with number2 and his friends in the bear pit as i avoid it but allowing it in the general forum is probably against the rules but i don't make them so let Eddie decide.

I hope Eddie sees past your pettiness.

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    I can’t for the life of me think why the transport box is called a coffin. Who ever came up with that one?

I agree lol, it’s just been known as that for as long as I can remember.

From a business pov, I’m not sure why Rolex don’t share discretionary items. Not doing so only adds to customer dissatisfaction, and let’s face it, getting one in the first place is hardly a great experience in itself.