closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to buy / Trusted dealers / Sellers

Apprentice

Where to buy / Trusted dealers / Sellers

Hi, I have been a member here for a number of years and have not posted much if anything but have read a lot of posts. I'm looking to purchase my first Rolex. I have decided on the Polar Explorer 2 and was wondering if there are any recommended resellers / traders (or even private sellers), I may be looking to part ex my wife's little used Seamaster Aqua Terra Quartz as well but that's not essential.

I always thought my second "quality" watch (I've had my Seamaster 300 since 2005) would be a Speedmaster "Moonwatch" but have found myself drawn to the Explorer over the last few years and have decided that's the way to go.

If only I could just visit an AD and just buy one

Any help / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

There’s probably no harm putting your name down with an AD. I don’t think they’re that hard to come by these days. I’ve had good experiences with Subdial. Also heard loads about Dominic (Hackett watches) in Hatton garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    There’s probably no harm putting your name down with an AD. I don’t think they’re that hard to come by these days. I’ve had good experiences with Subdial. Also heard loads about Dominic (Hackett watches) in Hatton garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks kinyik, I'll look into the dealers suggested....I have been on a "list" with an AD for the last 18 months and it feels like they're doing me a favour allowing me to be on the list, I doubt there is a list at all !

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I work for Official Watches and we stock them pretty frequently, over retail though as grey.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I work for Official Watches and we stock them pretty frequently, over retail though as grey.
    Ok verv thanks...I've had a look but none in stock at the moment, should I keep an eye on the site or can I leave details etc ? Any idea what price they are the ones you get in a mix of new unworn / used ?

Thanks

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    They certainly are one of the easier sports models to get from an AD. Grey prices vary quite a lot but £7.2-7.5k should get you one so not a lot over retail.
    Retail is 7.9k.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Retail is 7.9k.
    My bad, I missed the Explorer "2"