closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tudor Releases

New Tudor Releases

What do you think Tudor will launch this year?

A Blue Pelagos 39 could be on the cards judging by the success of the black version. Or an updated 42mm Pelagos range.

The original Black Bay line hasn't had anything new for a while, how about a slimmer case?

Selfishly, what I'm waiting on is a blue Pelagos (same dimensions as currently) but in the FXD blue. I have my name down for both the 39mm Pelagos and the FXD, but I've decided I'll be turning both down as slightly too small (39mm) and too light (FXD). This is me with smaller-than-average wrist (6.75") but my preference is 40-42mm.

Black Bay has always been a turn-off for me as too thick (slab-like), the 58 being a much better fit. So, a slimmer BB would work for me.

Assuming they follow the trend I'm betting on a green Pelagos. Be it 39 with a shimmery dial or 42 with the matte dial. Easy win, given the current fashion, to just change the colour of a popular model.

Rumour has it there will be a super Pelagos - sort of Seadweller in Ti that you will be able to buy as soon as the rush dies down

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Rumour has it there will be a super Pelagos - sort of Seadweller in Ti that you will be able to buy as soon as the rush dies down
    Interesting to see what modifications they'd make to the current Pelagos as it's already pretty "super" with the thickness, HEV and bracelet clasp. Unless they add a 39 style bezel finish and some red writing and up the WR rating to 1000m with a thicker crystal that stands proud of the bezel akin to how the Seadweller used to look.

Master
    I’d like to see a steel BB39 with non slab sides and a non faux riveted bracelet.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wish they would update the prince. If they did it like they have the other models it would be a Daytona killer you could actually buy (I think the bb chrono is a bit too chunky).

Back in planet earth though, colours will probably be the cheap and cheerful option to shift units with minimal r&d.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Selfishly, what I'm waiting on is a blue Pelagos (same dimensions as currently) but in the FXD blue. I have my name down for both the 39mm Pelagos and the FXD, but I've decided I'll be turning both down as slightly too small (39mm) and too light (FXD). This is me with smaller-than-average wrist (6.75") but my preference is 40-42mm.

Black Bay has always been a turn-off for me as too thick (slab-like), the 58 being a much better fit. So, a slimmer BB would work for me.
    Interesting. I’ve been wearing the 39 on the same sized wrist as you for a week and a half and it really does feel/look perfect IMO.

Craftsman
    Here's hoping they release a 36mm version of the current Ranger model...that would be a winner in my eyes.

I firmly believe this will be a fallow year when they release nothing that anyone wants.
    The Pelagos 39 was a success, which means we are due some duff models, variations that no-one was begging for.
    Hope I'm wrong..........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I firmly believe this will be a fallow year when they release nothing that anyone wants.
    The Pelagos 39 was a success, which means we are due some duff models, variations that no-one was begging for.
    Hope I'm wrong..........
    Like a two tone BB58

Master
    MN24 in green or black ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Tudor Releases

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Like a two tone BB58
    With a added GMT as well and no rivet styled bracelet, that’s what would bring me back to Tudor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wishful thinking but a BB36 with in-house movement would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    MN24 in green or black ?
    I can’t see this, especially in green.
    The whole point of the MN is to be a military watch inspired by the original 7016s / 9411s
    As such Blue and Black only I would have thought.

As mentioned in another thread, I'd like a steel version of the BB31/36/41 S&G lines, this would have the in house movement and probably replace the current BB36 range. Silver dial would be my preference and can see these being the Tudor equivalent of the Rolex OPs.

Pelagos 39 Blue is obvious and what most would want as would be a polar BB Pro & a Ranger 36.

Tudor usually pull a few things out the bag that no one expects (whilst also ignoring the obvious), so most likely the ultra Pelagos that has been mentioned before.

Master
    Blog Entries
    BB58 black non gilt, steel version of the P39 bracelet would be a winner. Won’t happen

New Tudor Releases

BB58 black non gilt, steel version of the P39 bracelet would be a winner. Won’t happen
    It’s funny - I always dreamed of a blue dialled steel submariner so was really keen on the BB58 blue when it was released. Sat in the AD with both in front of me the gilt version looked so much nicer I didn’t even consider the blue version - it just looked so flat in comparison. I suspect a black non gilt steel version might look very dull indeed (I was never previously a gilt fan so I’m really surprised at my choice - but haven’t regretted it at all)
    Last edited by RobDad; 8th March 2023 at 19:55.

Master
    Blog Entries

New Tudor Releases

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    It’s funny - I always dreamed of a blue dialled steel submariner so was really keen on the BB58 blue when it was released. Sat in the AD with both in front of me the gilt version looked so much nicer I didn’t even consider the blue version - it just looked so flat in comparison. Thanks suspect a black non gilt steel version might look very dull indeed (I was never previously a gilt fan so I’m really surprised at my choice - but haven’t regretted it at all)
    I’m wearing BB58 gilt now, think it’s my third. I don’t know what if is but after a while the gilt falls out of favour. Part of it was the bracelet though, I wear it in a nato only now.

That said if did come with a jubilee, not sure if works with the gilt either.
    Last edited by Middo; 11th March 2023 at 09:51.

Craftsman
    39mm Pelagos LHD with vintage lume

I'm not so sure we'll see anything this year, the brand has certainly gained traction and new models have enhanced that however I'd think that a year off may not inflict any harm.

A 36mm Ranger would go down well though I'm very happy with my current generation 39mm and wouldn't swap, though I also have a black BB36 and a blue Pelagos for a great contrast.

What Tudor need to do but never will
    Make the black bay thinner
    Remove the rivets
    Give it a T Glide clasp
    Ditch the faux aged lume
    Flat sapphire with AR underneath

If they can make an FXD with a bracelet I’m all in. Pelagos remains the best model in the catalogue and hopefully the standard one sees a revision this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Remove the rivets
    Give it a T Glide clasp
    Ditch the faux aged lume
    Flat sapphire with AR underneath

If they can make an FXD with a bracelet I’m all in. Pelagos remains the best model in the catalogue and hopefully the standard one sees a revision this year.
    Agreed re thin-ness and T-glide (no reason not to make this universal across their sporty range)
    But, BBs don't have faux aged lume, do they?
    I am sure they don't, as there is a guy on instagram who got James Hyman (thealchemistrelumer) to vintage lume his BB58 blue (and btw it looks great)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That could happen, the 58's are thinnish.

Master
    I’ve seen that blue BB58 mod too and it adds the warmth that the rather clinical Tudor version seems to lack with its white lume. I remember the black BB58 had a warmer shade (really like the aged effect on the BB Pro by the way). But I really don’t get why the original BB58 had gold hands but copper text and surround to the indices. The BB bronze is the same and I found it hard to unsee after noticing and it led to me selling mine. I expect it’s a design decision they won’t change this year or any other…

Ant

I’ve never noticed the gold hands/bronze markers and text on the BB58, I still can’t and I’ve spent a few minutes looking at mine! Perhaps the advantage of ageing eyesight - I thought I was a fussy git in regard to watches but clearly not!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    So it looks like I was right...

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Assuming they follow the trend I'm betting on a green Pelagos. Be it 39 with a shimmery dial or 42 with the matte dial. Easy win, given the current fashion, to just change the colour of a popular model.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    So it looks like I was right...
    But that looks like a mock-up to me

Master
    I think that green Pelagos might even be a Chinese fake actually produced in that colour. I'm sure I've seen the image pop up a few times over the years.

Master

New Tudor Releases

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Agreed re thin-ness and T-glide (no reason not to make this universal across their sporty range)
    But, BBs don't have faux aged lume, do they?
    I am sure they don't, as there is a guy on instagram who got James Hyman (thealchemistrelumer) to vintage lume his BB58 blue (and btw it looks great)
    Can’t see the fake lume on here. Maybe the instagram gang put filters on to make it look aged. Case thickness is an issue. That could easily be fixed as seen in the 58 which is the same thickness as the older ETA I think. With regards to the gold hands and copper dial I can now see it but it’s hardly noticeable to me. He’re is mine in the cruel light of the kitchen. This pic is totally unfiltered FYI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 17th March 2023 at 12:11.

Seems to be a lot of FXD’s coming through recently. Possibly something in that space?

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    I think that green Pelagos might even be a Chinese fake actually produced in that colour. I'm sure I've seen the image pop up a few times over the years.
    It’s just an iPhone photo of a blue Pelagos with a filter.

Master
    Blog Entries
    BB 58 blue has white glowing blue lume

BB58 Black off white glowing green lume

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    It’s just an iPhone photo of a blue Pelagos with a filter.
    Thanks Jon, interesting to find out the truth behind it! I should've maybe guessed as I semi-regularly have mock-ups of various new colourways of Tudors pop up in my Instagram suggested content, so it only seems logical that this way another Photoshop job.

Master

And the BB58 Bronze has sort of greenish lume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone noticed the shade of steel is brighter on the BB58 blue than the black?

Master
    Has anyone noticed the shade of steel is brighter on the BB58 blue than the black?
    Yes Ive heard that mentioned on several reviews although I must admit when i had them side by side I wasn't sure. Its very subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Thanks Jon, interesting to find out the truth behind it! I should've maybe guessed as I semi-regularly have mock-ups of various new colourways of Tudors pop up in my Instagram suggested content, so it only seems logical that this way another Photoshop job.
    Here’s the original

Master
    FXD on a bracelet would be awesome.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Both of my BB58s were purchased from the AD and both glow green. They look identical in the dark and you cannot tell which is which. Or maybe I'm just old with bad eyesight.

Master
    Blog Entries

New Tudor Releases

I stand corrected, I got that in my head from a bark and jack vid. They only glow different under uv light.

Pointless test.

https://youtu.be/q6ktDytrQyg
    Last edited by Middo; 21st March 2023 at 15:24.

Master
    I just read (on www.watchesbysjx.com) that "Tudor is making all of its new launches available on the first day of Watches & Wonders...starting at noon on Monday 27th the enter Tudor line-up of new models will be available at its pop-up store in downtown Geneva". The pop-up will remain open for a month, being operated by Bucherer.

If the alternative is to wait until late Summer or Autumn to pick up a new release, I could see there being a potential flippers' frenzy to buy during the show. Are Tudor copying Omega with hyping up new watches by getting a few into the market which will drive demand higher for AD purchases and the grey market?

Ant

Master
    Just read a post from someone who has allegedly seen the new releases on a Tudor training video and there will be a Black Bay 54 (in 37mm)? Also apparently a Tudor GMT with white dial (GMT not Pro case). And an update to the Black Bay with the replacement of the ETA movement with in-house and addition of a jubilee bracelet. No mention of any variation or addition to the Pelagos line.
    Last edited by frp422; 22nd March 2023 at 10:38.

I'm not really a fan of Jubilee bracelets on sports watches but I really do wish Tudor would clean up their Glamour, Style and 1926 dress watch ranges into something more cohesive and thus offer me something I'd like to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    Just read a post from someone who has allegedly seen the new releases on a Tudor training video and there will be a Black Bay 54 (in 37mm)? Also apparently a Tudor GMT with white dial (GMT not Pro case). And an update to the Black Bay with the replacement of the ETA movement with in-house and addition of a jubilee bracelet. No mention of any variation or addition to the Pelagos line.
    White GMT sounds good, with a coke bezel please!

My Tudor contacts know nothing of this but have promised a heads up if any news breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    White GMT sounds good, with a coke bezel please!

My Tudor contacts know nothing of this but have promised a heads up if any news breaks.
    Not long but heads up welcome if you hear anything

An updated Black Bay with new movement would be nice if it's a little less slab sided.

Nice if that BB54 has no bezel and acts as their 'Explorer'.

Good news on the updated ETA to Kinesse movements & jubilee, hoping my wish list happens.

Their was a white mock up of the Pro last year looked amazing, surprised going with the GMT rather than this if true