closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garage build

Threaded View

Master

Garage build

I know we all like a build thread so I thought I'd post a few pics of how our new garage/workshop build is progressing.
    2 weeks in now and I think the boys are doing well, weather not been the best here but it's coming along.
    This was the existing garage with some decking behind it, I'd already ripped up the decking and was well on the way of demolishing the garage before the builders arrived

all the concrete/blocks etc were going to be crushed and re-used as sub base, we live in a rural location with narrow lanes so it made sense not to have more traffic than necessary bringing in materials.
    The new garage is 10x6mtrs single height with a semi vaulted roof which has a lower pitch than standard and sunk into the garden so as not to block our late afternoon early evening sunshine and have least amount of impact on the surrounding area, over 400 tons of soil etc had to come out but luckily we had just purchased a field next to us that could take most of this.
    These give you some idea of what came out, the person in the pic is 6'2" and that's a lane above that goes to a couple of houses further along.

Originally the spec was to lay 4" dense blocks flat to act as a retaining wall before building the back garage wall, but when they finished the dig out they changed it to 9" hollows with rebar drilled into the footings and filled with concrete, ( it's only money at the end of the day )lol.

I won't bore you with pics everyday, but will update as and when anything significant happens
    Last edited by Weirdfish; 30th October 2022 at 13:30.