closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Garage build

Master
    Final copings have now been cemented on, they were heavy. 3 of us to lift them safely, he will be back after the drive has been done just to do the copings along the front wall, but can't do that until the level is sorted and the blocks laid, hopefully start the drive mid April.

I liked the stonework that much that I had the builder build a pillar for me right outside our front door

Seriously though, we decided to have a lean to type porch built to protect the entrance from the elements as we are a bit open up here, oak is being cut as I type.

Looks superb. Massive admiration for folk that can get this sort of project over the line, honestly I’m a bit on edge just hearing about all the things you’ve had to get sorted!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    Final copings have now been cemented on, they were heavy. 3 of us to lift them safely, he will be back after the drive has been done just to do the copings along the front wall, but can't do that until the level is sorted and the blocks laid, hopefully start the drive mid April.

I liked the stonework that much that I had the builder build a pillar for me right outside our front door

Seriously though, we decided to have a lean to type porch built to protect the entrance from the elements as we are a bit open up here, oak is being cut as I type.
    Brave man. If that was me I know I'd go A over Apex over that.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Brave man. If that was me I know I'd go A over Apex over that.
    Sorry but you’re going to have to explain this to me.

Master
    He'd fall over it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    He'd fall over it
    And there was me thinking it was building related🙈🙈

Master
    Another quick update, decided to go with kitchen cabinets for storage/workbench, will also have an extra solid wooden unit that will house the vice for any real work, lol.
    The other end is taken at the moment, hopefully not for long though.

Looks great!

(why locate the consumer unit so high, though?)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Looks great!

(why locate the consumer unit so high, though?)
    I didn’t want to see cables coming down or more trunking, just a personal thing.

Master
    I didn’t want to see cables coming down or more trunking, just a personal thing.
    Makes complete sense & looks great as a finish, love the exposed electrics in the pipe work.

Jealous as hell, would love a space like this for my car to live in! Heck, even a garage large enough so my car fitted would be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Another quick update, decided to go with kitchen cabinets for storage/workbench, will also have an extra solid wooden unit that will house the vice for any real work, lol.
    The other end is taken at the moment, hopefully not for long though.

Loving the build but it doesn’t look very long, as in not a lot of space either end of car.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Loving the build but it doesn’t look very long, as in not a lot of space either end of car.
    Internal measurements are 9.6 x 5.4mtrs, it’s slightly smaller than first planned but that’s due to a couple of changes we were forced to make when digging out.
    We had to build a retaining wall wider than we thought due to a lane that runs down one side of the garage and we were well below that, also, if we had gone any wider it would have blocked our view of the entrance gates which we didn’t want.
    It’s still a nice size though, and don’t forget that’s quite a big beast parked in there at present.

Blog Entries
    Internal measurements are 9.6 x 5.4mtrs, it’s slightly smaller than first planned but that’s due to a couple of changes we were forced to make when digging out.
    We had to build a retaining wall wider than we thought due to a lane that runs down one side of the garage and we were well below that, also, if we had gone any wider it would have blocked our view of the entrance gates which we didn’t want.
    It’s still a nice size though, and don’t forget that’s quite a big beast parked in there at present.
    It's sometimes difficult to get a true idea just from pictures. I was just thinking of space to walk past cars when parked. Compromises often have to be made, it's still a world better than my standard 2 car!