closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay Question

eBay Question

If I cancel an order after 5 days due to non-payment, is the auction still live or do I have to relist and lose any selling offers.

Blog Entries
    The auction is dead and gone and you lose any selling offers. You have to relist at the standard rate (unless you wait until the next selling fees offer comes along[1]).

When you cancel you'll probably see an option to immediately relist. This will be at the standard rate.

You can perhaps make second chance offers (if it was an auction, not a BIN) but note that if accepted these will be charged at the standard selling fees rate, not the offer rate.

Yes, it's very annoying.

Footnote:-
    1: If you listed an item under a special selling fees offer and it didn't sell or the buyer did not pay, you could wait and relist it when the next selling fees offer comes around. At the moment, reduced selling fees offers seem to reoccur every two weeks. But be careful, do NOT use the 'relist' option. This will, if I understand correctly, charge you at the normal fees rate! Instead create a brand new listing using the 'sell similar' option. This creates a new listing and you get the reduced selling fees offer rate on that listing.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 29th October 2022 at 05:18.

Thanks Mark, that’s a bummer. Don’t get the list for £1 offer very often, will wait and see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thanks Mark, that’s a bummer. Don’t get the list for £1 offer very often, will wait and see.
    Interesting. I have two eBay accounts, one used much more than the other.

From what I can see, the busier account receives 80% off sales fee offers every two weeks. This has been the case since around August or so (before that I wasn't paying attention).

The less busy account would occasionally receive the flat rate £1 selling fees offers. When I began taking up the £1 offers on that account it joined the busier account in regularly receiving 80% off offers.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Interesting. I have two eBay accounts, one used much more than the other.

From what I can see, the busier account receives 80% off sales fee offers every two weeks. This has been the case since around August or so (before that I wasn't paying attention).

The less busy account would occasionally receive the flat rate £1 selling fees offers. When I began taking up the £1 offers on that account it joined the busier account in regularly receiving 80% off offers.
    Exactly my situation with the offers too. Have an account where I never sold anything but now used fear I won’t get the £1 offer again for a while.

I've been caught out with the automatic relist after the £1 selling fees listing expired. Not very pleasant tbh.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Well they've done it again. A second watch I was selling has been bought (different buyer), now the f####s are asking for photos and video to be sent to their email address. Be a miracle if they pay up.

Blog Entries
    Well they've done it again. A second watch I was selling has been bought (different buyer), now the f####s are asking for photos and video to be sent to their email address. Be a miracle if they pay up.
    Oh that is appalling.

Difficult to know whether it's best to refuse (hoping they'll cancel the order) or to give them what they want (and then worry that they're going to demand a return later on).

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Oh that is appalling.

Difficult to know whether it's best to refuse (hoping they'll cancel the order) or to give them what they want (and then worry that they're going to demand a return later on).
    I don’t engage with them, just send the invoice. Watch is eligible for authentication service so they are protected.
    This second one made me an offer of the asking price. Just assumed they were stupid!

Master
    Hate it when that happens...in my case, I sent them a message telling them they are bidding to buy, not ask questions after the sale...then I clicked 'cancel transaction' reason: buyer changed mind. Just not worth getting into dialogue with people like this. It won't end well!

Would agree, not worth the effort and they clearly have no intention of buying, just cancel and relist. A pain I know, but that’s the joy of e-bay for you and why many people can no longer be bothered using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Would agree, not worth the effort and they clearly have no intention of buying, just cancel and relist. A pain I know, but that’s the joy of e-bay for you and why many people can no longer be bothered using it.
    More than a pain because, as per my first post, I’ll lose the sell for £1 offer which doesn’t come around too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Hate it when that happens...in my case, I sent them a message telling them they are bidding to buy, not ask questions after the sale...then I clicked 'cancel transaction' reason: buyer changed mind. Just not worth getting into dialogue with people like this. It won't end well!
    This ^^^. Just cancel the sale and block them. Its a pain as it was on a £1 offer but unless the watch has to be sold now just wait for another offer to come around.

More than a pain because, as per my first post, I’ll lose the sell for £1 offer which doesn’t come around too often.
    Next time there is a £1 offer, just list a load of rubbish with stupid prices like a beer mat for £20. Do 5 or 10 etc. These crazy listings serve as a reserve fund if anything goes wrong with the genuine sale. Just go into them and and amend. Gives you a whole month to relist as such on the £1 deal. You see loads of sellers doing it.

Next time there is a £1 offer, just list a load of rubbish with stupid prices like a beer mat for £20. Do 5 or 10 etc. These crazy listings serve as a reserve fund if anything goes wrong with the genuine sale. Just go into them and and amend. Gives you a whole month to relist as such on the £1 deal. You see loads of sellers doing it.
    That's a damn good idea!

Thanks, excellent idea!

Blog Entries
    Good idea!

I don’t think that works. IIRC, the terms and conditions state that, if an item is amended after listing, the fees revert to standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I don’t think that works. IIRC, the terms and conditions state that, if an item is amended after listing, the fees revert to standard.
    Drat and double drat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Can't see anything in these T&Cs though aren't necessarily the latest ones https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/149h32/index.html

Edit: - Current conditions here https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps1...t-ebay-4011908
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 31st October 2022 at 11:26.

Think the trick some sellers use is to stick to categories the listing directly relates to. Avoids any ambiguity regarding circumventing.

List your reserve or back up listings as “watch” and in the description “details and pictures to follow” with a high buy it now price.

This sounds like a lot more hassle than the SC.

Would agree, my last purchase and sale have both come from so called ‘speculative’ PMs on here, you interested in buying this, or are you ready to sell that yet.

You could put an e-bay listing in the correct category. I don’t think I’ve been charged full whack after amending something.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    List your reserve or back up listings as “watch” and in the description “details and pictures to follow” with a high buy it now price.
    Ah yes, I've seen lots of these. That makes sense.

Just don't sell anything on eBay. We all know it's $h1te anyway.

Craftsman
    I can confirm as I do it all the time.

When taking up a selling offer e.g 80% fees you can sell the same item repeatedly but always use the ‘sell similar’ not relist.

You can list 99 items in any category using the 80% offer. You can edit these items for 30 days and if they sell eBay only take the 20% they were entitled to. Same would apply if it was a 1 pound offer.

Don’t do anything silly like high priced beer mats. Just list things you would sell at an above market price. Trust me nobody will buy them. EBay is an efficient market. I regularly list silver Britannia coins the going rate is about 35 quid. If I put them up at 50 I won’t sell any in a month but it doesn’t rouse suspicion of dodgy dealing like a crazy high beermat would as other people might report you and it is technically not allowed but eBay have no way to police it.

I’d you see sellers getting obscene prices for absolute junk. It’s money laundering.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Useful knowledge. Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    I’d you see sellers getting obscene prices for absolute junk. It’s money laundering.
    Really?

If that is what they were doing, why would they just not list something realistic like a watch for £10k and pay for that (assuming they would not actually deliver it if this is what they were doing? )

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    I can confirm as I do it all the time.

When taking up a selling offer e.g 80% fees you can sell the same item repeatedly but always use the ‘sell similar’ not relist.

You can list 99 items in any category using the 80% offer. You can edit these items for 30 days and if they sell eBay only take the 20% they were entitled to. Same would apply if it was a 1 pound offer.

Don’t do anything silly like high priced beer mats. Just list things you would sell at an above market price. Trust me nobody will buy them. EBay is an efficient market. I regularly list silver Britannia coins the going rate is about 35 quid. If I put them up at 50 I won’t sell any in a month but it doesn’t rouse suspicion of dodgy dealing like a crazy high beermat would as other people might report you and it is technically not allowed but eBay have no way to police it.
    Thanks, useful info!

Do you list the items in appropriate category for the item you really want to sell or you'd start in 'Coins' (in your example) and edit later?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Really?

If that is what they were doing, why would they just not list something realistic like a watch for £10k and pay for that (assuming they would not actually deliver it if this is what they were doing? )
    Someone might actually buy it, perhaps!