closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just stop oil and … Rolex dealership

Hybrid View

Master

Just stop oil and … Rolex dealership

Rolex Knightsbridge now sporting an orange paint job.

The colour matches my Rubber B orange, but for the avoidance of doubt, this was nothing to do with me.

https://twitter.com/talktv/status/15...UU7iM-F87Q568g

Updated to add my Just Stop Oil watch.

Last edited by joe narvey; 28th October 2022 at 11:16.

Criminal damage.

They're not encouraging support for their cause are they?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Maybe one day these brave warriors will get the recognition they so rightly deserve.
    Not in my lifetime though... absolute mugs, I hope there are some hefty fines dished out and their community service is refueling private planes

Complete idiots, definitely not garnering public support.

Master
    It’s a millennialist cult - a hysterical new religion obsessed with the end of the world. More in common with The Moonies in their nut job hey day than any sort of respectable organisation pushing for actual sustainability. A symptom of our uber-woke, victim olympics times that prioritises respect for how people ‘feel’ regardless of how stupid or messed up in the head they are.

The real scandal is the complete waste of space that Plod has turned out to be. Where are the trials and the jailings for conspiracy, criminal damage, domestic terrorism indeed? They have a right to peaceful protest but not a right to damage property or peoples livelihoods. The Met Commissioner and other police chiefs should be in the dock with them for dereliction of duty.

Master
    They’d be better spraying all the oil based plastic Halloween tat for sale in every shop which will be in landfill this time next week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    They’d be better spraying all the oil based plastic Halloween tat for sale in every shop which will be in landfill this time next week.
    ...... and all the stores selling plastic tat for any occasion. I have told my kids that I will not buy far eastern plastic toys for the grandkids or have any far eastern plastic "stuff" furnishing my house. It's bad enough that it is plastic in the first place but to then transport it half way around the world, sell it and then take it back again for recycling is just plain stupidity! Just watch the childrens programmes/ads on the telly to see how they are being brainwashed into having this rubbish bought for them. Try making something with/for children and watch them come to life and grow! My grandson still asks for the car ramp (an old HP printer box ) to drive his cars on! It has outlasted the printer that was in the box!

Even though I consider myself to be a casual environmentalist, these groups just make everyone who fights for environmental issues look really bad.

Yes I get that in order to get attention you need to do controversial and drastic measures however their targets for what can only be described as random vandalism are just dumb.

What have long-dead artists done to support the oil industry? They pied the wax statue of King Charles, arguably the most vocal royal for the support of environmental issues.

They should take it up against the oil companies directly but I doubt they have the guts to do that.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    What have long-dead artists done to support the oil industry?
    Not the ones who painted in watercolour but some used oils. Evil Van Gogh, and Co.!

There was a video on reddit of quite an articulate lady trying to reason with one of them in the street. The guy didn't have two braincells to rub together...it was like trying to have a reasoned discussion with a toddler. I don't think they put much thought into their strategy beyond getting attention.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    There was a video on reddit of quite an articulate lady trying to reason with one of them in the street. The guy didn't have two braincells to rub together...it was like trying to have a reasoned discussion with a toddler. I don't think they put much thought into their strategy beyond getting attention.
    How dare you talk that way about young Tarquin. He has a degree in Gender Studies from the University of Bums on Seats!

Surely it's not too hard to prosecute these morons, easily identifiable and not exactly a hard case to prove

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuchyg View Post
    Surely it's not too hard to prosecute these morons, easily identifiable and not exactly a hard case to prove
    The trouble is that most of us sympathise with their beliefs but feel that the method of protests is misguided. If they are prosecuted we make the martyrs of them and then more of them will commit similar acts. I suspect this is why they do it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’m glad someone challenged them

The Van Gogh was okay but they've gone too far now.

Blog Entries
    How difficult is it?

Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please and no politics or religion.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    How difficult is it?
    Calm down boss.

delayed slightly by a protester = bad
    sat in traffic as smoke from wildfire and burning homes billows across the motorway = tolerable as it’s not my home on fire.
    road flooded and traffic backed up = not too bad as i’m not getting rained on.
    sat in traffic heading to the coast on a sweltering 40° day as people try to escape their poorly insulated homes for a bit of respite from the heat = at least i have aircon in my car.

I believe it’s the lack of police action that truly infuriates the general public, and their double standards compared to other less “popular” protests.

As for the protesters themselves, they are just idiots and hypocrites.
    Last edited by Chinnock; 30th October 2022 at 14:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    I believe it’s the lack of police action that truly infuriates the general public, and their double standards compared to other less “popular” protests.

As for the protesters themselves, they are just idiots and hypocrites.
    Yes I agree with you, they are hypocritical idiots. However we live in a democracy and everyone, no matter how looney has a right to have their views heard. If you try to quell them, they will almost certainly try to quell you and that suits no one.

We just have to tolerate them as a dictatorship is much much worse.

Craftsman

Just stop oil and … Rolex dealership

Perhaps wires got crossed somewhere when they were really planning to hit the McLaren showroom next door?
    Last edited by Litcan91; 28th October 2022 at 15:14.

Craftsman
    Do these morons have jobs. They have too much time on their hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I get that this doesn't seem the right way to make their case but it is creating discussion and I think that's their objective. Is it ideal, no. Is there a note productive route, maybe not.

If you're not a climate change denier, which I'm not, then I can understand the absolute frustration with the pace of change and the potentially catastrophic consequences that we are continuing to 'lock in'.

Probably the AD refused to put him "on the list", no spend history apparently......

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Probably the AD refused to put him "on the list", no spend history apparently......

Could be and in the absence of a letterbox, the chap took the only recourse available.

Normally I don’t condone violence but some of these scum apparently got a good kicking by some drivers when they blocked a road and refused to move. Utter clowns. I mean what do they think spraying a Rolex window will do for stopping oil. Surely with silicone in the movements Rolex are doing their bit for oil reduction

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Normally I don’t condone violence but some of these scum apparently got a good kicking by some drivers when they blocked a road and refused to move. Utter clowns. I mean what do they think spraying a Rolex window will do for stopping oil. Surely with silicone in the movements Rolex are doing their bit for oil reduction
    I would guess their argument is that some self rich person is needlessly buying a watch, not so much to tell the time but purely as a status symbol, and in doing so are damaging the climate and the environment. This is ghastly when people are having to sleep rough etc.

Also frustrated as those drivers may be, there is no excuse for kicking a protestor and they could find themselves up in court for doing so.

Democracy works both ways whether we like it or not.

I will agree, however, that although their vision is laudable, their style of protest does them no credit and there are far better ways of putting their POV across.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I would guess their argument is that some self rich person is needlessly buying a watch, not so much to tell the time but purely as a status symbol, and in doing so are damaging the climate and the environment. This is ghastly when people are having to sleep rough etc.

Also frustrated as those drivers may be, there is no excuse for kicking a protestor and they could find themselves up in court for doing so.

Democracy works both ways whether we like it or not.

I will agree, however, that although their vision is laudable, their style of protest does them no credit and there are far better ways of putting their POV across.
    If I’m rushing to hospital with an ill child or a pregnant wife and some unwashed cretin is sat in the middle of the road and refusing to move when told of this, then they would be physically removed instantly. Zero hesitation and zero limit on amount of force used. Their agenda and desire for publicity has nothing to do with deliberately stopping people getting to hospitals - and there have been evidenced occasions when they have done just that despite being told the situation. At that point they lost any shred of credibility they might have had.

Democracy encourages and permits the right to protest - it does not permit the right to flagrantly break the laws of the land while doing so. Any violence meted out to these deviants is a separate issue and both parties should be dealt with separately by the police.

If I’m rushing to hospital with an ill child or a pregnant wife and some unwashed cretin is sat in the middle of the road and refusing to move when told of this, then they would be physically removed instantly. Zero hesitation and zero limit on amount of force used. Their agenda and desire for publicity has nothing to do with deliberately stopping people getting to hospitals - and there have been evidenced occasions when they have done just that despite being told the situation. At that point they lost any shred of credibility they might have had.

Democracy encourages and permits the right to protest - it does not permit the right to flagrantly break the laws of the land while doing so. Any violence meted out to these deviants is a separate issue and both parties should be dealt with separately by the police.
    Happened on the M25, elderly woman was in the early stages of a stroke and was being taken to hospital by her son, 6 hours later left paralysed.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/ne...hospital-trip/
    F**k democracy, in this instance someone would have been missing teeth.

Bit dramatic and probably mostly made up by the Mail anyway

Last edited by xxnick1975; 29th October 2022 at 15:48.

Any more detail on that story?

Unnamed woman, son only known as Chris and the story is essentially reporting what he said on a radio phone in?

Unnamed woman, son only known as Chris and the story is essentially reporting what he said on a radio phone in?

Are you suggesting that in all these traffic disruption stunts there are no ambulances with ill people being held up from urgent medical treatment? Is so you are delusional

No other than on every media outlet known to man.

No not really, I just think that story seems a bit weird, phoning into the radio about something like that.

Also Ive seen news that some ambulance services have been confirming that the Mail and their like have been making stuff up about this.

All this knocking peoples teeth out and whatever the consequence chat is a bit macho man

Last edited by xxnick1975; 29th October 2022 at 17:25.

No not really, I just think that story seems a bit weird, phoning into the radio about something like that.

Also Ive seen news that some ambulance services have been confirming that the Mail and their like have been making stuff up about this.

All this knocking peoples teeth out and whatever the consequence chat is a bit macho man

Think what you will - would love to see your pragmatic approach if it was yourself that was on an emergency and couldn’t get through. I doubt you would be quite so understanding. When they block the road the traffic tails back and causes a gridlock. An emergency vehicle stuck further back in the jam will be delayed - imho that’s indisputable.

As for macho well whatever. I doubt I’d have to resort to smashing their faces but I would not hesitate to drag them off the road. If they resist physically they would be met with escalation. Both would suffer consequences and that’s all fine.

Think what you will - would love to see your pragmatic approach if it was yourself that was on an emergency and couldn’t get through. I doubt you would be quite so understanding. When they block the road the traffic tails back and causes a gridlock. An emergency vehicle stuck further back in the jam will be delayed - imho that’s indisputable.

As for macho well whatever. I doubt I’d have to resort to smashing their faces but I would not hesitate to drag them off the road. If they resist physically they would be met with escalation. Both would suffer consequences and that’s all fine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/new...-b2200256.html
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e-nearly-hour/
    https://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk...espite-fining/

Obvioulsy this also never happened

Don't really know if this is trustworthy or not but as an example

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/jus...-m20-accident/

Fair enough, I'm going to the pub now!

Fair enough, I'm going to the pub now!

Hope your taxi isn’t delayed

All good!

Attachment 19834

All good!

Attachment 19834

Will be a bugger to clean off if it’s oil-based paint.