Thread: Rolex Datejust 41mm Reference 126334 Mint Green

Craftsman

Rolex Datejust 41mm Reference 126334 Mint Green

Interested in anyones experiences or thoughts

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Love it.

Beautiful in the DJ31. For the 41 I'd prefer blue or Wimbledon.

I’ve tried one on with the smooth bezel and oyster bracelet. While I loved this the shade of green on my other half’s 31mm, the scaled up version didn’t do it for me. It was just dull and flat on the 41mm. Perhaps it was the lighting/smooth bezel combo.

Craftsman
    Also on oyster bracket

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Also on oyster bracket

Jubilee that one, oyster on the first one.

I love the Jubilee.

The green dial is lovely. I just can't live with the larger case of the DJ41. My preference would be 36mm for this type of watch ,specifically the last 116xxx references with the fatter 'super case'.

Craftsman
    While I loved this the shade of green on my other half’s 31mm, the scaled up version didn’t do it for me. It was just dull and flat on the 41mm. Perhaps it was the lighting/smooth bezel combo.

Thanks, good valid point. Interesting to also see in the 36mm guise

Master

Nah..

It’s a bit apologetic kinda minty green-ish
    Last edited by ac11111; 24th October 2022 at 20:22.

It’s blue or rhodium for me, especially so for the larger DJ.

I saw this exact watch in the AD in Bridgetown, Barbados in August this year. We were even offered the opportunity to buy it at slightly above retail price. What with the taxes involved in importing it into the UK, it wasn't the most attractive deal (and I couldn't bring myself to think about flipping such a beautiful watch).

Anyway, for what it's worth the green was quite a lot paler in the flesh than the pictures I have seen online. Lovely looking thing though.

Simple: beautiful

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Red face

It’s a beautiful shade of green, really lovely. Not as complex as the Olive 60th dial on the DD40 but gorgeous all the same.

DJ dials work best for me in the black grey or white variants, I find these paler colours struggle to pop .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Perfection, and gorgeous on the 41.

Craftsman
    I believe Tony mentioned it being more 40mm size. Am very keen to see how proportioned the 36mm/41mm look side by side, as was also mentioned, shade differences between the 2 dials

Master
    I believe Tony mentioned it being more 40mm size. Am very keen to see how proportioned the 36mm/41mm look side by side, as was also mentioned, shade differences between the 2 dials
    Been measured by a guy on TRF as 39.5mm, I think it is 41mm including crown. Rolex marketed diameter is not standard sometimes, I don’t know why, perhaps DJ39.5 doesn’t roll of the tongue like DJ41!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Been measured by a guy on TRF as 39.5mm, I think it is 41mm including crown. Rolex marketed diameter is not standard sometimes, I don’t know why, perhaps DJ39.5 doesn’t roll of the tongue like DJ41!
    Thanks, does that also mean the 36mm piece would measure similar ie around 1.5mm less, if so would be too small I think

Craftsman
    DJ 41 definitely 39.5 give or take 1 or 2 decimal places as I don't have a caliper to measure mine. Also noticeably smaller than my aqua Terra 41 which does actually measure 41.

The green dial must vary a lot depending on the light. Ive seen one in an ad display case (already allocated to someone and not for sale) and it looked quite a dark and subtle green in that light and angle. That said, my blue dial is the same in terms of variation so I'd expect the same for the green. I'd say it definitely looks good, but be prepared for the variable colour appearance.

Master
    Thanks, does that also mean the 36mm piece would measure similar ie around 1.5mm less, if so would be too small I think
    Dj36 is a whisker under 36mm not including crown. Their naming convention for size is not consistent…only way to know really is to just try it on

Craftsman
    Thanks guys

As mentioned elsewhere I have the smooth bezel version of this and love it. The sunburst dial is lush - wears smaller than 41 too

Master
    I like the green. I’ve “expressed an interest” in the green patterned dial 41mm. Don’t expect a call anytime soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It’s blue or rhodium for me, especially so for the larger DJ.
    I have the rhodium, I love it but find it very hard to read in certain lights because of the lack of contrast between the dial & the hands. I asked RSC about a swap yesterday & they said they won't until the 5 year warranty is up so I'm stuck with a watch I can't use for another 2 years...

Blog Entries
    I've tried both. It would be the 36 for me in sunburst blue, futed bezel and president bracelet. Failing that a DD in full rose gold.. green - sorry not for me.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 26th October 2022 at 22:34.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the comments and pictures guys. I'm hoping to be in a position next week to able to look at the 36mm/41mm side by side

Thanks for all the comments and pictures guys. I'm hoping to be in a position next week to able to look at the 36mm/41mm side by side
    Absolutely the best thing you can do is try them on! I find the current 36mm a touch too small and the DJ41 too big.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Absolutely the best thing you can do is try them on! I find the current 36mm a touch too small and the DJ41 too big.
    Thanks bc, I was supposed to be trying the 41mm next week but its now sold, guessing they are desirable pieces, at an undesirable prices :)

I got my Mrs a 36mm,steel case, WG fluted bezel on a Jubilee (has to be on a ladies IMO) with the "Wimbledon" dial from a local AD a few weeks ago and it looks fantastic.

The green "palm" dial is also very nice for a lady in the 36mm.

Saw a green one in both 41mm and 36mm, but I think a lot of men would find the 36 a bit small. I do like the 41 but again I think these look better on a Jubilee bracelet. All subjective of course but just my two pence worth.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I've tried both. It would be the 36 for me in sunburst blue, futed bezel and president bracelet. Failing that a DD in full rose gold.. green - sorry not for me.
    Is the president bracelet not only available on a day-date?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Is the president bracelet not only available on a day-date?
    Yes, it’s the jubilee on the DJ.

Craftsman
    Hi all

Had the opportunity to view closely and try this watch on earlier this week and must say I was smitten. Liked everything about it, fit on the wrist, bracket and the mint green dial was sublime. This was the fluted bezel on jubilee version. I also tried the blue, smooth bezel on oyster. Albeit very nice I preferred the green

Now this is available but at a price of around 15k, £8,550 retail. That’s over 6k above list. Do you think that’s madness and would you expect things to settle due to present economic climate or am I just wishful thinking

Hi all

Had the opportunity to view closely and try this watch on earlier this week and must say I was smitten. Liked everything about it, fit on the wrist, bracket and the mint green dial was sublime. This was the fluted bezel on jubilee version. I also tried the blue, smooth bezel on oyster. Albeit very nice I preferred the green

Now this is available but at a price of around 15k, £8,550 retail. That’s over 6k above list. Do you think that’s madness and would you expect things to settle due to present economic climate or am I just wishful thinking
    I wouldn’t pay grey prices for any datejust. That’s just me though.

Where have you seen a steel DateJust41 for £15k grey?!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Try find a mint green face DJ41 for much less, I haven’’’t come across one yet..

Craftsman
    Watch Collectors London

Watch Collectors London
    Wow, just went on their website to verify.

Even with another 5 years of inflation at 10% I don't think they'll ever get that. Insanity.

Craftsman
    Wow, just went on their website to verify.

Even with another 5 years of inflation at 10% I don't think they'll ever get that. Insanity.
    They seemed pretty confident they would sell it quickly, I was also enquiring with Mark Worthington the other week who had one similar price, 2 days later I got a call saying it had been sold so guessing it went for near asking price as they were firm on the pricing

Similar to the OPs with the coloured dials. People want their heads testing, seriously.

Journeyman
    I expressed interest for this watch 6 months ago, if only to be able to see it IRL and make up my mind on that dial colour. The wrist shots I've seen so far are hit and miss. I don't like it when it turns pale rather than vibrant.

Master
    There’s a new one subdial for 10.65, seems fair

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    There’s a new one subdial for 10.65, seems fair
    36mm though.

Craftsman
    Yes, initially saw that too and got excited till I scrolled down:)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Similar to the OPs with the coloured dials. People want their heads testing, seriously.
    +1, my Rolex buying phase is behind me, I still like the OP36 and Datejust but paying over list price is crazy, I can’t imagine wanted one that badly.

Craftsman
    If I were to buy a Datejust with smooth bezel, how easy is it to change to a fluted bezel and if possible, would it even be cost effective or ridiculous priced

Thanks in advance

Unlikely to be possible and if it was about £3.5k inc a mandatory service, maybe more.

Craftsman
    Unlikely to be possible and if it was about £3.5k inc a mandatory service, maybe more.
    Thanks, that's scuppered that idea then :(

If you say wore a smooth bezel for a few years and sent it in, do you think they would they cost it as a swap and therefore the cost be less, or it it simply because of the WG material?

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    If you say wore a smooth bezel for a few years and sent it in, do you think they would they cost it as a swap and therefore the cost be less, or it it simply because of the WG material?
    No idea but I think a dial swap on an exchange basis is £500 or so (prob +VAT) and then the mandatory £600 service on top.

If I were to buy a Datejust with smooth bezel, how easy is it to change to a fluted bezel and if possible, would it even be cost effective or ridiculous priced

Thanks in advance
    RSC will not supply a fluted bezel for a smooth bezel swap or vice versa.

They will only allow a dial change on models that originally came in that configuration once the original warranty has expired, it’s also a requirement to have the watch serviced if you want a dial change.

There will be a quite a few upset people who paid over the odds for specific dial colours.