timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patek New Releases

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Patek New Releases

https://www.patek.com/en/home

Controversial as the 5811 is WG rather than steel.
    Suspect this ties in with the rather pointed THERE IS NO STAR video thats gone live on site.

(Yes there was, Thierry, it was the steel Nautilus)

Like the new 5990, salmon world time chrono and the ladies nautilus joaillerie.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    https://www.patek.com/en/home

Controversial as the 5811 is WG rather than steel.
    Suspect this ties in with the rather pointed THERE IS NO STAR video thats gone live on site.

(Yes there was, Thierry, it was the steel Nautilus)

Like the new 5990, salmon world time chrono and the ladies nautilus joaillerie.
    5990 looks sooo much better with blue dial.

Not sure on that RG 5712. The discontinued 5711R much nicer in my opinon.

SS World timer looks great

Master
    Ah just what the world needs! A white gold only Nautilus that’s a little big larger, for twice the price. I feel they are saying, ‘No sir, this watch is definitely not for you’. Message received

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I definitely prefer the new 5990. Blue is the Nautilus colour imo.

I think they've converted the 5811 into gold because they've got the hump with the world going nuts for the steel 5711. D**kish move imo.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought this was the 25th Aquanaut anniversary - was expecting more models. Though they have had the chronos lately.

5712 SS still not discontinued.

Ive kind of given up on a 5164 sadly. Like Rolex - such a tease but prob worse.

Blog Entries
    "Three new versions of the Nautilus cult watch" the page says. Interesting phraseology. It's true that the Nautilus has a cult following but I'm still not sure it's a term I'd want to use in Patek's position. It just doesn't sound.... healthy.

Anyway, I like the Joaillerie. It's a Patek Leopard Daytona with only marginally less anti-taste. ;-)

New 5935A is just lovely........not £51k lovely though.....

New 5990 {see above but not £55k lovely}

New 5811, yes please and agreed it's got the definitive Nautilus Blue dial here.

Rest are just way above my pay grade and, like everything else PP, completely unbuyable these days.

Can only admire the 5811 from afar…. Lovely lovely piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I'll pop into my local PP boutique and view th....ah hang on.....

Registered my interest for the 5811/1g, the 5711/1a was always too small and too light for me. I can’t imagine I’ll get one any time soon though.

Beautiful. Nautilus is back, Remove the Nautilus from the list can be a huge commercial mistake!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    New 5935A is just lovely........not £51k lovely though.....

New 5990 {see above but not £55k lovely}

New 5811, yes please and agreed it's got the definitive Nautilus Blue dial here.

Rest are just way above my pay grade and, like everything else PP, completely unbuyable these days.
    In EU prices are somewhat inflated - buy in the UK if you can!

5935A 64'930 EUR

5990 67'730 EUR

5811 70'930 EUR
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I wonder what happens to a brand like Patek in 20-30 years (and there's several others in this bucket too). I'd be aspiring to buy a Patek now, perhaps not quite a buyer yet but soon, except there's nothing in the catalogue that is both attainable and of interest. Sure I can appreciate some of the magnificent work they do, but gold dress watches just aren't going to have much appeal to the majority of people in their 20s-30s. So I drift away from the brand with a slightly sour taste and buy something else, then fast forward 20 years to when I'm in the market for a gold dress watch, will I be going to Patek? Probably not. Not sure what the answer is to this conundrum as it's impossible when demand outstrips supply, but it sure feels like some of these brands are pushing away the next wave of customers, the same people 20 years ago they'd have welcomed and now spend lots of money with the brand.

Anyway, off-topic grumbling off my chest... carry on

A rare visit to my AD yesterday, my 5164 wait (5 years and counting) will continue - with no end in sight... Achhh, I can't complain - given they sold me my 5711 and 5167. Who knows, maybe GBP will recover and UK RRP will come down before my name comes up ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Registered my interest for the 5811/1g, the 5711/1a was always too small and too light for me. I can’t imagine I’ll get one any time soon though.
    I called lots of places yesterday to register for the 5990 and I wasn't even able to do that without prior Patek purchase history. So congrats for just getting the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post
    I called lots of places yesterday to register for the 5990 and I wasn't even able to do that without prior Patek purchase history. So congrats for just getting the list!

No purchase history = no bueno

And unless you buy other (lame) PP watches you aren’t anywhere near anything even close to desirable. I’ve given up with the brand as a result as life’s too short!!

Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post
    With the amount of people trying to get hold of Nautilus or Aquanaut models these days you’d need to go in to “express your interest”.
    In reality though it’d be highly unlikely they’d sell you a Nautilus without an existing Patek collection or buying history with the AD.
    I think the expectation is you build up to an Aquanaut / Nautilus with prior purchases of Calatrava and complications.

Blog Entries
    With the amount of people trying to get hold of Nautilus or Aquanaut models these days you’d need to go in to “express your interest”.
    In reality though it’d be highly unlikely they’d sell you a Nautilus without an existing Patek collection or buying history with the AD.
    I think the expectation is you build up to an Aquanaut / Nautilus with prior purchases of Calatrava and complications.
    Agree with that. My AD hinted at that.

Without multiple purchases with PP you are completely nowhere for any complications…..and that’s way before you even get to Aquanauts and Nautilus references.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes Aqua and Nautilus for VIP's nowadays

Whats annoying is they are pumping out more variants / models of each - such a tease.

Without multiple purchases with PP you are completely nowhere for any complications…..and that’s way before you even get to Aquanauts and Nautilus references.
    There’s hardly any Calatravas left in the catalogue now, it’s definitely easier to get some of the complications.

There’s hardly any Calatravas left in the catalogue now, it’s definitely easier to get some of the complications.
    The 5226G-001, that I actually wanted to buy, was quoted at 13 and 18 years wait at groups I know/have bought from over the years and that sits in the Calatrava range.

Finally hacking on a Patek sports watch. How long has that taken them lol - finally Patek can do something a £350 Seiko can do - set the time accurately!

The 5226G-001, that I actually wanted to buy, was quoted at 13 and 18 years wait at groups I know/have bought from over the years and that sits in the Calatrava range.
    Yes as I said it’s easier to buy some complications now than Calatrava. The 5226g is very popular as a new release but I’m sure it’ll settle down to a shorter wait.

Master
    Does nothing for me…mix of hype and latest trends, salmon dial, nautilus, rainbow, green dial, LHD…I saw the AP RO diamond encrusted monstrosity today also, and some Mario kart special edition tag…I feel like the watch world is just gagging to release another latest hit rather than thinking carefully on what is tasteful and well designed

Off to buy the 5235R on Monday and very excited about buying an annual calendar with a twist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Off to buy the 5235R on Monday and very excited about buying an annual calendar with a twist.
    Only slightly jealous! Congratulations

Question

Is it already in the AD/Boutique?

Friend has been told he’s getting one but doesn’t know when yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Thank you. I am very excited.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Is it already in the AD/Boutique?

Friend has been told he’s getting one but doesn’t know when yet.
    I have been waiting around a year for something. I had a short list! This is the first on the list to come in. It arrived this week but I can't get over to collect it until Monday. Will be a long wait! I'm very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Wow! Can't wait to see that wrist shot on the Friday thread. Congratulations jpjsavage.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thank you. I am very excited.

Wow that is Fantastic

I have been waiting around a year for something. I had a short list! This is the first on the list to come in. It arrived this week but I can't get over to collect it until Monday. Will be a long wait! I'm very lucky.

Congrats! This is going to be a long weekend for you so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great choice
    That sunburst dial sets off the discrete elegant white hands. One of the best regulator design’s available today from an impeccable maker.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

There is some amazing technical stuff going on in the movement which is as beautiful as the front imho:

[url=https://ibb.co/hCNsCGM]

Didn’t want to start a new thread but is there any meaningful residual price difference between two identical Pateks if one has a Tiffany dial?

I know Tiffany is more sought after but don’t know if there is a meaningful financial difference.

Considering starting my “journey” but trying to see if there is a relationship purchase which comes with a shower rathe than a bath.

Yes is the simple answer. As they are double signed and the Tiffany print only being available from the Tiffany store usually adds a significant amount - at least in relation to previous Rolex and Patek models.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    It's impossible for a mere mortal to get a Tiffany signed patek , either be a celebrity and/or spend multiple millions with them

Sent from my Pixel 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Oh maybe it’s a dead duck then.

I was in yesterday and the guy wasn’t around but in the cases most watches were marked as reserved but a couple weren’t.

Couldn’t enquire as to availability but thought there would be a chance to go back for a basic Calatrava as there wasn’t a reserved sign on one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Desirability varies a lot on PP and is changing a lot now too, after all this is a falling market for most brands and PP is one of them, so basic stuff that wasn't a big seller before is going to return to better availability. This may also translate into the double signed, although the supply of watches there is even smaller, so better to check it out.

you mention building a relationship, bare In mind anything sports double signed will be out of reach for a very long time regardless of the relationship, unless you are spending across the brand (Tiffany) for a long time.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

Considering starting my “journey” but trying to see if there is a relationship purchase which comes with a shower rathe than a bath.
    I went down this exact path with PP last year and concluded it was, for me, a complete waste of time.

Unless you buy at least 2 very pedestrian Calatrava dress pieces that you probably don't want (at c. £25k-£30k each......) you aren't getting anywhere near the next tier pieces (complications and travel times for example).......and if your long game is Aquanaut and/or Nautillus then you're probably looking at having to buy at least 4-6 pieces over many years before you get a sniff of those product ranges being offered.

And even the entry level watches are 1-2 year wait and the next level could be 2-4 years on top of that.....

For me life is too short to play those stupid games so I'm not going to entertain it...........not that the AD or PP could care less but I am happy with my decision to concentrate on the brands that a) appeal to me b) do not require any bundling or journey c) value my custom and d) to not be moved into buying jewellery purchases I don't want either.

Didn’t want to start a new thread but is there any meaningful residual price difference between two identical Pateks if one has a Tiffany dial?

I know Tiffany is more sought after but don’t know if there is a meaningful financial difference.

You've got no chance, so i wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    You've got no chance, so i wouldn't worry about it.
    This is very pessimistic and actually untrue . There is a very good chance of getting one without a huge wait. I reckon around £2m or so of in store spend across a 3 month period and he'll get one easily. It's not that difficult

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This is very pessimistic and actually untrue . There is a very good chance of getting one without a huge wait. I reckon around £2m or so of in store spend across a 3 month period and he'll get one easily. It's not that difficult
    I stand corrected

You seriously didn't know the answer to this question?

Something that is fresh in the last week or so is that Patek has dropped Tiffany from 2 of the 3 Tiffany locations that sold Patek previously.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Spoken like a true Citeh fan 🤣

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments and wisdom.

I know Patek is a ball ache but have never actually spent any real time assessing what the journey really looks like. I nearly did last year but then went down for an AP instead.

The market is falling no matter the brand and even Patek is known to reduce prices so thought there was a chance things had calmed down a bit. We went to New York for our honeymoon and I’m there now with our anniversary next month and while I was looking at gift ideas for my wife I saw the Patek section, thought maybe I’d YOLO a peasant piece for sentimental value but maybe not just yet.

It was hinted recently via the normal AD to go for a core Patek piece which I’m guessing is one of the ugly 30k Calatravas which looks like a Grand Seiko, not the cheaper and newer manual wind Calatravas, but didn’t really entertain the conversation. Probably best to pick up the conversation there instead.

I'm nit convinced the market will fall much further. On a global level growth is predicted for all economies except the UK as inflation falls and central banks will start reducing interest rates. Sentiment is changing

Master
    Blog Entries
    So the war is over? There is always a surprise round the corner, a lot of world issue unresolved and could get worse before better.

I don’t really see prices stabilising

Craftsman

Only NY Tiffany now sells Patek. Others stopped selling Patek as of this year