timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cautionary tale: A Lange & Sohne repair return

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thanks, is this just Rolex?
    Yes, it’s the country code on the old punched papers, I don’t think they show country code any longer.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Journeyman
    Wempe messed up attempting a "quick fix", voided the warranty for tampering with the watch while being a third party, tried to brush it under the rug and have the owner foot the repair bill. Then, upon being comfronted with a photo, they could no longer deny wrongdoing and were left with no other choice but own up to their cockup and take care of the repair cost.

Officially, they didn't openly admit it was their fault, alleged their watchmaker left the company, alleged they lost the photos they took upon receipt of the watch, essentially making any excuse not to be made responsible. They didn't apologise to the owner either.

I would quit any relationship with this AD, personally. It's not about making a mistake, we all make them, it's about trying to hide it and have the owner pay for the repair after voiding the warranty. How could I trust them after this?

Master
    Blog Entries
    A five minute story dragged into 30 minutes.

I suspect he bored Wempe into paying the bill.