closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to buy car tyres?

Best way to buy car tyres?

Lyndleys in Nottingham do a tyre for life deal.
    Paid £65 a side for some decent Falkens, and they are guaranteed for free replacement when worn out, or punctured beyond repair.

I sort of couldn’t believe it, but that’s what they told me - and is on the receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Over the past couple of years Oponeo have always been the lowest cost for Michelin Super Sports and Pirelli Trofeo R,

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    My mechanic only stocks cheapy Landsail tyres, prefer something a bit better if possible, unsure best way to go about it. Do people use blackcircles and just use one of their trusted fitters?
    From my one experience (so hardly representative) with so-called trusted fitters from Black Circle, they damaged the sill of my wife’s car then denied it.

Of course not Black Circle’s fault, but their idea of trusted is perhaps better read as Cheapest for us to use…

Grand Master
    I usually shop around local tyre fitters and see who's got the best prices, I stick to buying brands I`ve heard of but not too fussy which brand I buy. I drive in the real world, not some imaginary racetrack in my head.

Occasionally I`ve had to go back and get the wheels re-balanced, that's far easier to do with a 'proper' tyre fitting firm.

Many years ago I tried fitting a tyre myself with hand levers.......not something I recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Lyndleys in Nottingham do a tyre for life deal.
    Paid £65 a side for some decent Falkens, and they are guaranteed for free replacement when worn out, or punctured beyond repair.

I sort of couldn’t believe it, but that’s what they told me - and is on the receipt.

So that's £65 for 2 tyres?

I absolutely despise etyres just for my 2 cents.

I had a flat and ordered a repair and paid extra for a weekend fitting which was a week out. They give you a time slot between 8:00 and 12:00.

My car was not located at home, it was parked on the side of the street where I got the blown tire... So I went there and I waited all morning. At 1:00. I called them and they said oh they had to cancel but forgot to tell me. And the next available time slot was a week out.

I canceled and called somebody else. I never got a refund.

Master
    Another Costco fan here

Great prices they do offers a couple of times a year usually means you can get one of they 4 for nothing

Michelins cheaper than anywhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    So that's £65 for 2 tyres?
    Oops - I meant per corner. (I only did rears, hence error)

Used to be blackcircles but more recently Camskill when they’ve a Michelin deal on.

Master
    Couple Of Michelin Promos here
    https://car-offers.michelin.co.uk/offers/GB

I spent half an hour on several websites …. Ended up with tyreshopper and found a 5% discount code. Needed all 4 tyres and went for the OEM as they have lasted 40,000 miles. Was cheapest by a smidgen before the discount. Gets you to book in at National Tyres. Think they all owned by Halfords now. Happy with the service. The 2 fitters seem like old timers who know what they are doing. I usually stick to my independent but he was £140 more expensive for the 4.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app