Thread: Seems like Nomos have listened - New Club Sport 37mm

Seems like Nomos have listened - New Club Sport 37mm

https://monochrome-watches.com/nomos...g-specs-price/

Sport bracelet (stopping that lug gap)
    Smaller size (not a dinner plate)
    No date
    DUW movement

Win win

Nice! First thing I’ll do it stick it on a strap though. Can’t warm to a nomos on bracelet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    Nice! First thing I’ll do it stick it on a strap though. Can’t warm to a nomos on bracelet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Personally I detest lug gap between strap and case, this solves that problem. Nomos do does a nato (but hides that movement)
    Last edited by McBeardy; 12th October 2022 at 12:42.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve thought about putting a bracelet on my club,but so far have resisted .The gap so many people detest has never been an issue to me,each to their own.

What gap?

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Personally I detest lug gap between strap and case, this solves that problem. Guess do does a nato (but hides that movement)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I’ve thought about putting a bracelet on my club,but so far have resisted .The gap so many people detest has never been an issue to me,each to their own.

Craftsman
    This looks lovely, however I'm not sure on the cost above the standard club (your opinion might be different)

Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    This looks lovely, however I'm not sure on the cost above the standard club (your opinion might be different)
    Agreed they look lovely but 1400 quid more than the standard offering...I´d be very interested in one at a more realistic price point.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    What gap?
    All Nomos I've tried on (& many pictures) show a gap between the case & start of the strap - due to their long lug design.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Agreed they look lovely but 1400 quid more than the standard offering...I´d be very interested in one at a more realistic price point.
    Has their auto DUW movement and sport bracelet, is that not more in line with the same models. I know their manual wind models are cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Those are the manual wind and strap versions mind you

Master
    Very appealing, even if the proportions suffer a little in comparison to the (for me unwearably large) 42mm version, and there are a lot of polished surfaces. Certainly worth trying though, if only because new watches that might actually fit me are few and far between. Pleasantly thin and not insanely expensive either, both also rare qualities these days!
    Last edited by Itsguy; 12th October 2022 at 13:04.

Master
    I'm usually not a fan of a gap between bracelet and case but like this.

Journeyman
    Oh wow that looks fantastic! Will wait to see some hands-on videos, but from the specs alone that looks right up my street.

Master
    That's a fantastic looking watch. Seems to be a great size and the small seconds dial doesn't cut off any of the numbers which is something I dislike.

PCLs. Whyyyyy!

Really like the standard Club - it's decent value for money, especially with a discount. I'm not sure about the proportions of this one though - the lugs just look too long. I know this is a feature of a lot of Nomos models but it seems even more pronounced here going from the photos on Monochrome. Maybe the bracelet exaggerates this somehow. I agree on the PCLs too.

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Those are the manual wind and strap versions mind you
    Fair point.

The watch dial looks great but the lug to lug size just looks so long, it kills the watch for me

I ordered the 42mm version and after 9 months wait it arrived and wasnt what I was expecting. The bracelet didnt feel good enough quality and the watch just felt a bit too blingy so it went back for a refund. They look very compelling in photos and have had great reviews but for me it was a bit of a let down - purely based on my subjective view.
    Keith

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    PCLs. Whyyyyy!
    In this case the lugs are polished too so there's some sense to it, but it will probably end up being the deal breaker for me too.

I do wonder how hard it would be for brands to offer a brushed bracelet as an option (Rolex DJ36 and Omega Aqua Terra spring to mind).

Craftsman
    The 37mm petrol dial looks very nice in the pictures (would like to one “in the metal”).

Master
    The one I want from them is a Club Sport automatic 41mm no date - enough with these teeny sizes.