closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Erling Haaland / Rolex Daytona

Erling Haaland / Rolex Daytona

I guess he can get away with the yellow gold -

https://talksport.com/football/11139...city-transfer/

He can certainly afford it if the £850,000 a week wages figure is correct.

I see him posted on a lot of the celebrity watch spotting pages. He has quite the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I see him posted on a lot of the celebrity watch spotting pages. He has quite the collection.
    I think it’s fairly common now with footballers and ex players who are pundits, every time I put a match on I keep an eye out to see what I can spot. A lot have a PP Nautilus, but usually in yellow gold. Wrighty has a fine collection of modern Rolex, seems to have a different one each time he is on the tele.

I wonder what he feels like when he gets his payslip every month, 3.4 Million every month if the £850k a week is to be believed haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think it’s fairly common now with footballers and ex players who are pundits, every time I put a match on I keep an eye out to see what I can spot. A lot have a PP Nautilus, but usually in yellow gold. Wrighty has a fine collection of modern Rolex, seems to have a different one each time he is on the tele.
    Frank Lampard has a strong collection of very high end Pateks. So does Beckham but he doesn't wear them since signing with Tudor.

I don't follow football at all but I do follow Ian Wright on LinkedIn (of all places) and always see a fresh Rolex on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I wonder what he feels like when he gets his payslip every month, 3.4 Million every month if the £850k a week is to be believed haha...
    It’ll be 1.5 million a week soon if you believe the guessing from the press pack .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    It’ll be 1.5 million a week soon if you believe the guessing from the press pack .

Chump change... anyone seen the bidding war the shoe brands are kicking off just to have his feet? The guy is gonna be one of the richest lads on the planet. It'll be a "Michael Jordan" number.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Chump change... anyone seen the bidding war the shoe brands are kicking off just to have his feet? The guy is gonna be one of the richest lads on the planet. It'll be a "Michael Jordan" number.
    Good luck to him he really is a special talent.

Maybe Kevin DeBrune lent it to him. Was stood in a check in line at Emirates next to him in January and he had the same watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Weird thing is, I bet he got the watch for free!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Maybe Kevin DeBrune lent it to him. Was stood in a check in line at Emirates next to him in January and he had the same watch.
    Got to imagine that they are all influenced by each others tastes, and with that much money, no piece is impossible to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartyuk View Post

I bet he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I bet he didn't.
    I doubt Roger Federer had to buy any of his extensive Rolex collection, brand ambassador, national Swiss hero etc.

I doubt Roger Federer had to buy any of his extensive Rolex collection, brand ambassador, national Swiss hero etc.
    Brands want their pound of flesh though, press appearances, engagements, attend corporate events, photo sessions, image rights for adverts etc. They don't tend to just give stuff away for nothing.

How is that comparison to Roger Federer relevent when Erling Haaland isn't a Rolex brand ambassador?! Ergo, he's (the footballer) going to have to buy his watches and especially Rolex.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 12th October 2022 at 21:01. Reason: Typo

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartyuk View Post
    About 8 years ago a high-profile premier league footballer owed me a favour - I asked if he could help get me a Stainless Ceramic Daytona through the AD network and he had no luck. Maybe he hadn't undertaken the interview to be considered worthy of consideration!

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    No he is not, he plays football, nothing more.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    No he is not, he plays football, nothing more.
    Rubbish!

Football at all levels, professional and amateur, brings joy to millions if not billions of people worldwide, and this guy is phenomenal. And for the record, I support a rival team.

The salary debate is a different thing altogether.

Erling Haaland / Rolex Daytona

Well, I’d never heard of him until reading this thread - so his talent is lost on me!
    Millions are starving and yet we pay people ludicrous sums to play games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobDad; 13th October 2022 at 11:57.

Master
    Chump change for them really, even on the grey market. He could easily buy the Tiffany Nautilus on Jomashop posted a few days back :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Well, I’d never heard of him until reading this thread - so his talent is lost on me!
    The money will always be in the game, better that it goes to the workers (players) than to shareholders and billionaire owners.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Top level entertainers have always been paid very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Top level entertainers have always been paid very well.
    That’s a fair comment. I have had a lifelong total disinterest in ‘the beautiful game’ so his particular brand of entertainment is totally lost on me. I’d rather visit the dentist than waste an hour and a half watching people kick balls around - I’m well aware I’m in the minority!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    He’s also got a Royal Oak Concept Black Panther Flying Tourbillon which I believe is $162.5k, so I’m guessing he’s doing okay :-)

I guess it will only be Breitling from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePattinson View Post
    I guess it will only be Breitling from now on!

Oh dear.......

What a shame

Good move for Breitling. They’re heading in the right direction under Mr Kern.

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Rubbish!

Football at all levels, professional and amateur, brings joy to millions if not billions of people worldwide, and this guy is phenomenal. And for the record, I support a rival team.
    Let's not forget that football also brings out the worst in people. Violence, racism, sexism etc. The abuse shouted at officials by parents at children's football matches has to be heard to be believed. It's far from the beautiful game that fans make it out to be. Billionaire club owners, millionaire footballers sporting £150k watches and yet the staff at the grounds are often on minimum wage.

Football supporting for many is effectively a drug, it's gone past the point of entertainment. If it was purely entertainment then the fans could move on when it became too expensive or no longer enjoyable. The. majority are unable to, non stop complaining about rising costs, management, the team, the FA and yet the still go to or watch matches on pay per view tv every week.

I can't fault the players for the wages they take as we all would if we could but it's the worst of capitalism in a single sport.

I don’t think there can be any argument regarding Haaland’s wages…..
    ain’t it simply supply and demand ? - he’s currently rated best footballer
    in the world- smashing every record there is for goals per game.
    Good for him….