closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Contesting a parking charge ?

Contesting a parking charge ?

Came home today to find a parking charge notice, it was for parking in North Middlesex hospital last week and failing to pay on exit, i couldn't understand it as I knew I had paid it via the Just Park app, I checked my receipts and sure enough I had paid at the date and time on the charge notice, my error was that I selected the wrong car on the app, I have both our cars listed and must have selected the wrong one, my mistake entirely, so I need to do a on line appeal, I have screen shotted my app details showing both cars, and my receipt for the wrong car of the two and have drafted a appeal based on those facts, Ive stressed that no one has lost out and I have gained no monetary advantage, if they check their records they will see that the car I paid for wasn't there that day.

What do you think of my chances? The company is CPM.

I should have a decent case all things being equal, however Im sure they will reject it, I intend to appeal to the independent appeals service, the deterrent there is if I lose the first appeal then the offer of a reduced charge is withdrawn , from £60 to £100.

I was just wondering if anyone else had gone through the process?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Ive stressed that no one has lost out and I have gained no monetary advantage, if they check their records they will see that the car I paid for wasn't there that day.
    If there is any pretence of them acting “fairly”, it should be a no brainer to get it cancelled. I can’t see a court finding against you.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...rking-tickets/

Maybe copy in your MP and say you are doing. It was the Government that legitimised this seedy “business”, so MPs should know how the legislation is being used/abused.

The hospital and parking company have made no loss and you have gained no advantage.

Tell them you were suffering emotional anxiety at the time - hence the mistake.

Master
    Take a browse on here to see if your predicament has already been discussed and the best way forward.
    http://forums.pepipoo.com

As above, don’t bother wasting any time other than going to pepipoo. One of the most impressive set ups on the whole net. Guys there are incredible. Got me off both dubious tickets I’ve had in the last five years.

I did the exact same thing in Leeds.
    I appealed and fortunately the ticket was cancelled.
    That was the council though, not a car parking company.

Thanks all, I’ll update when I hear back.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Journeyman
    Ive done the same but avoided a ticket. Im sure it happens on a daily basis and you’ll be let off

Craftsman
    I think based on the circumstances you’ll be fine appealing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Max... View Post
    As above, don’t bother wasting any time other than going to pepipoo. One of the most impressive set ups on the whole net. Guys there are incredible. Got me off both dubious tickets I’ve had in the last five years.
    Wow, never come across pepipoo, but based on this post, website has been added to my favourites for later reading :) thanks

Done this a few times. 50% win rate roughly.

Mrs P fought em all, won em all...we used to have a mate who worked for the Parking Goons when we lived in that London, he gave her a few tips, this was over a decade ago though tbh...I think the short version was insist on your day in court, keep insisting, ignore the threats, they fold in the end cos it's not worth the cost of going to court, plus they used to work on negative commisssion so at least half the tickets they wrote they knew were dodge/bent, so would be overturned if exposed to the facts/ examination, thus they played something of a numbers game, counted on people backing down, paying for an easy life...a shakedown basically.

Good luck.

She's currently fighting her first Spanish speeding fine, we''ll see how that goes.
    Last edited by Passenger; 17th March 2022 at 20:31.

Craftsman
    I made the exact same mistake using RingGo. Got a ticket from RBK - Kingston Upon Thames. Gave them the screenshots and even copies of both cars' registration and insurance showing them both in my name. They were not interested in the least - something along the lines of 'valid proof of parking was not displayed. end of story.' Unfortunately I didn't have the time and energy to go further...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I got a fine for parking for longer than 2 hrs in Costa, despite the fact that I was IN costa for more than 2 hours. I paid the fine. Then my assistant at work told me that she always ignores those ‘private’ parking fines. She said that she gets a few aggressive mails but that they eventually dry up. Not really my scene but she found it hilarious that I had actually paid. She’s from Albania.

Master
    I reckon the op has a good chance as the company’s taken his money. However things have changed in the parking ticket game some doddery old lackwit of a judge decided to uphold a parking charge so now president has swung favour to the side of the parking pirates.

I did exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago Jason - I appealed on the parking company’s website, sent a screenshot of my parking receipt as proof and it was cancelled within a few days. You can prove that you made the pay,ent and weren’t trying to avoid the charge , and they can prove that the registration number you did pay for was not in the car park that day.

Best of luck mate, but it should be an easy one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I got a fine for parking for longer than 2 hrs in Costa, despite the fact that I was IN costa for more than 2 hours. I paid the fine. Then my assistant at work told me that she always ignores those ‘private’ parking fines. She said that she gets a few aggressive mails but that they eventually dry up. Not really my scene but she found it hilarious that I had actually paid. She’s from Albania.
    Interesting. Pre-2012, that was absolutely the way to deal with them. I’m very surprised that the parking companies don’t pursue. I assume they could recover their costs if they took legal action. They now have a watertight claim (subject to a few minor technicalities).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't have the time and energy to go further...
    I think that’s how the robbing ****s make a lot of their money. Presumably if you sent them good evidence that you’d paid, they’d be taking the whatsit to try and sue you if you hadn’t paid. The most disreputable people.

I parked in an on-street space the other week and paid using the RingGo app but accidentally entered the location code for the bay just down the road, rather than the one I was in.

Came back to find a ticket on the windscreen, realised my mistake and thought a challenge would be a no-brainer. I challenged the ticket online explaining that I'd innocently made what must be a very common mistake, and uploading evidence that I'd paid for the time I was parked, but specified the wrong location.

When the council very quickly rejected the challenge, I decided to pay the reduced penalty charge, thinking life's too short, but I did ask them to refund me what I'd mistakenly paid to park at the other location, thinking that they couldn't really have it both ways.

Funnily enough, I'm still waiting for a reply to that request.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I think that’s how the robbing ****s make a lot of their money. Presumably if you sent them good evidence that you’d paid, they’d be taking the whatsit to try and sue you if you hadn’t paid. The most disreputable people.
    Only if lots of people have several cars and enter details of the wrong one.

Presumably making lots of money from people who park the wrong car or park for the wrong time means that charges are lower for those who park properly.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 19th March 2022 at 00:25.

Quote Originally Posted by dickbrowne View Post
    I did exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago Jason - I appealed on the parking company’s website, sent a screenshot of my parking receipt as proof and it was cancelled within a few days. You can prove that you made the pay,ent and weren’t trying to avoid the charge , and they can prove that the registration number you did pay for was not in the car park that day.

Best of luck mate, but it should be an easy one.
    Thanks Rich, I hope so.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Only if lots of people have several cars and enter details of the wrong one.

Presumably making lots of money from people who park the wrong car or park for the wrong time means that charges are lower for those who park properly.
    NEVER presume Mr Meldrew, NEVER...

Master
    Just a reminder to NOT park in Wells by the Sea car park as they are well known for fining to the extreme!
    10 mins to get a ticket or else. You can queue for longer than that in the summer!

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=129186

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...a_England.html

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Just a reminder to NOT park in Wells by the Sea car park as they are well known for fining to the extreme!
    10 mins to get a ticket or else. You can queue for longer than that in the summer!

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=129186

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...a_England.html
    Is that our Mark?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I had exactly the same at a McDonalds during lockdown as I was in the car park working from my car and was bemused to find I had been sent a penalty notice for exceeding the two hours limit I never knew existed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I had exactly the same at a McDonalds during lockdown as I was in the car park working from my car and was bemused to find I had been sent a penalty notice for exceeding the two hours limit I never knew existed.
    As stated above. They now have precedent on their side thank to some bent beak bunged a backhander. Ignore them at your peril especially from the large car parks.
    It’s a pain but I now assume if I’m not paying for parking then I’m either going to get a ticket or anpr will give me one in 2 hours.

Just happened to me on a services on A1 (meeting a chap from here to buy a watch!!!).

Spent the whole time in Costa and bought quite a few brews.
    Dunno if I should try and ask for some sort of lenience, based on my evidencable spend or just add it to the price of an already expensive watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A week last Tuesday we took my Dad for a pub lunch at The Otter in Newbridge. My sister and her daughters met us there. Two days later me and one of my nieces received £60 parking fine notices, rising to £100 after 14 days from a company in Exeter.
    I rang the pub and they said there were notices to say we had to register our reg numbers on a tablet by the door, but we had all been ushered straight in by a member of the staff and so hadn't read any notices.
    They agreed to get it waived if we took the letters and receipt for the lunch to them. This was done Friday, the lady we dealt with said she would be sorting it with the parking company that afternoon. The 14 days will be up either Tuesday or now depending if the countdown began when they posted the notices, or when we received them. I await the post with baited breath.
    I was just going to pay the £60 and have done with it, that's rolling over I know but life is too short, but my niece was on a mission and determined to get it sorted. I'd still rathered have just paid it rather than be wondering now if I'm going to get a £100 notice this week.
    The pub is a chain pub on a little development with an office building of some sort and a macdonalds. It's right next to Newbridge rugby ground so I guess they've introduced this because of spectators at the ground taking all the parking spaces, fair enough but it's caused us some aggro for sure.

Master
    I wouldn’t sweat it. If they said they will get it waived you’ll be fine.
    I had one for something like a 23 hour stay in an Asda car park. I went into Asda and spoke to customer services showing them the letter and explaining I’m a taxi and I can prove I was working at the time and they waived it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I wouldn’t sweat it. If they said they will get it waived you’ll be fine.
    I had one for something like a 23 hour stay in an Asda car park. I went into Asda and spoke to customer services showing them the letter and explaining I’m a taxi and I can prove I was working at the time and they waived it.
    Cheers, hopefully all will be fine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is that our Mark?
    Nope!

That one didn't use an apostrophe where he should have done.

Seeing Hilly’s post about his parking fine has promoted me to update this, since I responded to argue my point ( see Op) I haven’t heard a thing back, which I’m surprised at, even a acknowledgement would have been nice to stop me wondering what was happening. Is there a statute of limitations to these sorts of things I wonder?
    Cheers..
    Jase