closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Starbucks Green Submariner

Starbucks Green Submariner

I have to concede that when the Starbucks was released I wasn’t particularly impressed- I thought it was a backward step design wise from the hulk dial-
    however in time I’ve grown to really like the black dial / green bezel contrast…….
    Is there much love here for the Starbucks?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I love it. One of my fav 6 digits.

Talking of green Rolex, anyone got one of those left sided GMTs yet, haven’t seen one on here, but the greys seen to be getting hold of them and asking £30k for them.

Master
    I saw one on Monday. It’s actually looked good but was worn on the left arm. It was a Rolex marketing event and there was a great big image of the same watch behind him which was a little weird.

Nice looking watch.

Way better looking with a black dial than the sunburst green dial, which imo clashed with the bezel material / color and made it look really flat and lego like.
    Plus the case proportions are better

I’ve had my 126610LV a fair while now, safe to say it’s my favourite 6 digit.

Love them, don’t have one yet, wish the green was slightly darker.

Love mine, think the black dial works better than the previous green dial. Still think the 41 ND is the best Sub but great to have a different option. They're my two most worn, ND first then LV.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Talking of green Rolex, anyone got one of those left sided GMTs yet, haven’t seen one on here, but the greys seen to be getting hold of them and asking £30k for them.
    Picked one up at the weekend, the bezel colours look better in the flesh (I prefer the green on the GMT compared to the "Starbucks" Sub). Having the cyclops on the left side is a little strange to look at, but that's the main thing that really draws my attention. You dont really notice the crown being on the "wrong" side as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Boarder1 View Post
    Picked one up at the weekend, the bezel colours look better in the flesh (I prefer the green on the GMT compared to the "Starbucks" Sub). Having the cyclops on the left side is a little strange to look at, but that's the main thing that really draws my attention. You dont really notice the crown being on the "wrong" side as much.
    Excellent, post some pics, it would be nice to see some wrist shots

Master
    The Hulk was too much green for me, that detracted a bit from it's look. But this one is my grail watch. Maybe one day I will find one at retail. Hope it will not be worth 30K retail by then :)

I'm relatively poor and I also have my principles.

Blog Entries
    I prefer the 116610LV

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    16610LV - the OG ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    16610LV - the OG ;)
    Flat four, obviously…

Craftsman
    The Starbucks is definitely top of my wish list. Not overly keen on the Hulk or the left handed GMT, too much green on the Hulk and the GMT is a little too loud but I can see the appeal.

Master
    Hulk dial IMO is one of the best dials Rolex has made. So amazing in real life. However I just could not wear mine. Lovely to look at but to wear in daily life. No.

I can definitely see the appeal of a black dial with a green bezel although I wish the new model had a darker bezel like the original 5 digit rather than the hulk bezel.

Master
    Love the starbucks. Got mine on my birthday last October and I wear it regularly. I prefer the case profile and black dial as opposed to the green dial which is beautiful in its own right but abit too dressy for me.

Master
    Love the watch, hate that it is named after a coffee chain!

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    Love the watch, hate that it is named after a coffee chain!
    Agree with that but it's a losing battle unfortunately.

I liked the name cermit but it didn't take off as the Instagram hype crowd couldn't understand the meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Agree with that but it's a losing battle unfortunately.

I liked the name cermit but it didn't take off as the Instagram hype crowd couldn't understand the meaning.

Can't stand the nicknames at all and refuse to refer to any of my Rolex's by the daft names dreamt up!

Craftsman
    I love the 126610LV
    Buying one from an AD seems very remote
    No shortage of them on preowned market.
    I’ll need to go that route for my fiftieth

Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    I love the 126610LV
    Buying one from an AD seems very remote
    No shortage of them on preowned market.
    I’ll need to go that route for my fiftieth
    Never seems much of a shortage on Collecting Watches auction site!

Does beg the question, is this just people lucky enough to get the call who then give in to temptation for the quick buck, or is it something more organised. Name any hot watch and check out the usual outlets and there will be plenty listed for sale.

Some pics

Here's some pics, excuse the lighting!

On the right wrist:

On the "wrong" wrist:

Sub:

Sub and GMT together:

Quote Originally Posted by Boarder1 View Post
    Here's some pics, excuse the lighting!
    Thanks for these, really interesting. The GMT sort of goes against everything that you are used to with the date and crown on the left hand side, definitely plays tricks on the mind. Do you think it is a watch designed to be worn on the right wrist or a sort of backwards watch to be worn on the left. Looking at your two images I think I prefer the image on the left wrist.

Really interesting pics boarder, thanks for sharing.

I'm a left wrist watch wearer, so my view is that you're wearing something more unique (in a quirky way) when its on the left wrist.

It causes the brain to pause every time you look at it.

Not a fan of the Hulk.

Love my Kermit though & I wouldn't kick a Starbucks out of bed either.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Does beg the question, is this just people lucky enough to get the call who then give in to temptation for the quick buck, or is it something more organised. Name any hot watch and check out the usual outlets and there will be plenty listed for sale.
    I think the temptation must be very strong on the ultra hyped pieces, i.e. the ones that fetch double RRP, not just standard sports pieces trading for a few thousand extra. Whilst it's temping for those (like myself) who don't have access to heavily hyped watches at RRP to judge others for flipping, it's also hard to imagine saying no to 16k for a green sub.

Craftsman
    Back in the day of the original LV, I would chosen it over the LN but didn’t have the funds.
    I bet most people who have an ‘in’ buy it as it’s hyped, then realise the colour isn’t for them.
    I’ve yet to see one in the wild, not even as an ‘exhibition’ piece
    Had to go to WF - yes it was love at first sight 😍)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Hulk dial IMO is one of the best dials Rolex has made. So amazing in real life. However I just could not wear mine. Lovely to look at but to wear in daily life. No.

I can definitely see the appeal of a black dial with a green bezel although I wish the new model had a darker bezel like the original 5 digit rather than the hulk bezel.
    This 100% - lusted for the Hulk for a long time and my AD finally got me one. Rarely wore it and sold it on here for 5K mint (or thereabouts) just before things went bananas!!!

Still not sure why I never wore it - def a summer kind of watch. The stupid thing is I've wanted it back ever since and was close to swapping my BLRO Pepsi for one but the deal fell through.

Love the subtle changes to the latest subs (own the No Date), those incremental changes make it looks so much better on the wrist however I am not keen on the size of the new clasp

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Love the subtle changes to the latest subs (own the No Date), those incremental changes make it looks so much better on the wrist however I am not keen on the size of the new clasp
    I thought the clasp feedback was overblown but I finally got my Sub 40 out after two years last week and when I put it on I couldn't believe how comfortable it was Vs the 41. The 41 isn't exactly uncomfortable but the difference was surprising.