closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Citizen Diver's

Master

My Citizen Diver's

I am one to dive with a good watch and dive tables, using a dive computer only as a back up.

I only own dive watches and any watch I buy must be able to dive with me.

I have many years ago owned an NY0040 blue dial, but since I then started buying and wearing 'higher end' watches, it, along with other such as the Seiko Monsters & SKX were made redundant and found myself never wearing them. As such I moved them on.

Citizen by etienne spiteri, on Flickr

Fast forward to these last 3 or so years. The new dive watch releases which were doing nothing for me and some of the brands where ever departing from that classic, honest, tool dive watch design approach. This made me look at these true dive watch classics once again.

In fact I own an SKX007 & SKX009J on a Seiko OEM oyster and jubilee respectively, but have also found new found respect for the JP-2000 & the NY0040. They are a refreshing departure from brands ever increasing their retail prices for the same watches. In fact, you can still buy these watches at the prices they were being sold 10 years ago. Which for me, makes them an absolute steal. I have bought them while I still could, and have no intention of letting them go, apart from one JP-2000 maybe. I do not like having duplicate watches in my small collection. In fact I would also like to stay within 10 watches maximum and am at 12 Total at this time. Having said that, one has the engraved caseback, while the other (newer) only has a laser engraved one. I don't know which one I will keep yet.

I recently just bought the green bezel NY0040. I wanted this to somewhat dull the urge for a 16610LV. Many years ago I found one new at the local AD for 6K or 7K Euros I think at that time, but considered it to be expensive, and since it was the last one they had, they did not want to give me a small discount (which was normal at the time). I walked away. Today I know I made a huge mistake, but such is life. So this configuration mirrors that one a bit and it truly brings a smile to my face whenever I put it on.

I like the red highlights on the black dial NY0040 better, but I like the stark white lume on the green dial much more. It makes it very contrasting on that inky black dial. I also noticed that while the green bezel says 8203 on the dial, it says 8204 on the caseback, and houses the hacking 8204 inside. The black dial was one of the last NY0040 to be made, so it has blue lume on the hands, green lume on the dial markers and blue lume on the bezel pip. Very nice layout and never seen another like it. I like to see this mixing and matching on these watches by Citizen.

I am very glad of the new found respect I found for these watches, and owning 'better' watches should not detract from the pleasure of owning and better yet wearing and enjoying these magnificent more budget friendly watches.

In the future I would like to add one nice dress watch. I really like the new Citizen 0200 caliber and love the lines and dimensions of 'The Citizen' 0200 powered watch. I think it is somewhat too expensive though. Maybe I will find one used for a good discount in the future. We will see.

Took some photos for your viewing pleasure. I hope you like them as much as I enjoy wearing them :).

Absolute classics these, and if I could pick one it would also be the green bezel 'fugu'.

Must be hard to resist the many different colour variants of these? Not ideal if you're trying to keep your collection small...

I've had a few variants of these and they're great watches. My favourite has to be the 50th anniversary model with the deep gloss black dial and black / red bezel. Cat7 of this parish owns it now, well until he decides to sell it back to me ;)

Lovely little grouping. Big fan of the JP2000, wear mine alot although never for it's intended purpose.

Always thought I’d pick up one of the NY00 variants at some point, leaning heavily towards the full lume dial. Seeing the pictures of the green dial/ bezel has made me reevaluate though. Looks superb as does the JP on the bracelet.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks - nice collection.

Whet bracelet is on the JP-2000?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Thanks - nice collection.

Whet bracelet is on the JP-2000?
    It is the same bracelet as for the NY0040, but with the appropriate 24mm OEM Citizen hollow end links. Very comfy and utilitarian.

Master
    They're all very nice indeed, but keep this one...

Or alternatively, sell it to me and keep another one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    They're all very nice indeed, but keep this one...

Or alternatively, sell it to me and keep another one.
    Haha.

Haven't decided to sell any yet. probably keeping both for now :)

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    I am one to dive with a good watch and dive tables, using a dive computer only as a back up..
    Hello, may I ask you why you do that? This is rather unconventional nowadays. I tend to do the other way around (although normally diving with 2 computers), knowing that computers are more accurate, especially if you dive the amazing wrecks in Malta and have to deco.....

Super dive watches! (not that I dive) I like the size, very accurate too... here's mine