closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 6K Bell & Ross ?

6K Bell & Ross ?

I'd got this in for review and its a nice watch but at over 6K using what is a SW200 movement a bit much ?

https://youtu.be/UCs-KWqY1Z0

Last edited by bazza.; 2nd October 2022 at 17:09.

I do like the B&R brand but not this model. It's a bit of a marmite watch but the price (with an SW200) is simply and utterly ridiculous.

Take a close look at the crown. It is way too small and lacks any quality. It looks like a crown off a £50 watch IMHO.
    Last edited by j111dja; 2nd October 2022 at 11:38.

As somewhat of a B&R fan, I’ve never warmed to the BR05 design as a whole. I will make an exception for this, as it’s looks fantastic skeletonised, and the lumed indices almost seem to float. I would love to have one. The rrp is a tough sell, although the quality is quite excellent. It’s an interesting watch, and that’s no bad thing.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the BR05A-BL-SK-ST/SST model, it's actually just shy of £6K!

I rather liked the BR-05's design trends, certainly more wearable than than the 01-03 ranges, but there's too many no-nos for me, not least the price.

Seems the whole watch world is desperately trying to tag-on to Rolex's coat-tails and push prices higher while giving as little as possible for it. This is a great case-in-point. I can buy microbrand watches of equal build or better quality with Sellita movements for under £1000.

Best example has to be the very similarly-specified Christopher Ward C60 Sapphire range:

Same movement, similar size, better-finishing (to my eye), both have sapphire dials and sapphire crystals, I believe CW use a higher grade lume but B&R don't specify theirs, CW: 600 metres WR versus a mere 100 metres for the B&R, and an overall much more versatile watch.

You've looking at nearly £400 just for a rubber strap for the B&R - while the CW is just £850 on rubber or £970 on steel for the whole thing!

The only thing in B&R's defence is skeletonising a movement isn't a cheap process, so that cost will be a fair bit higher, but not 6x...

However, guess which one is sold-out in most markets...

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I can buy microbrand watches of equal build or better quality
    I am honestly not sure that you can. Price aside, B&R is part of the Chanel stable and their watches from all lines including the BR05 are *very* well put together.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    I am honestly not sure that you can. Price aside, B&R is part of the Chanel stable and their watches from all lines including the BR05 are *very* well put together.

Perhaps you're right, but that hasn't been my impression with the couple of slightly older B&R watches I've managed to actually handle - not garbage by any means, but the pricing now asks big questions...

I would like to get hold of this BR-05 and the CW I posted and compare them properly.