closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: nRNA hearing issues

Master

nRNA hearing issues

I suffered Sudden Sensorinearal Hearing Loss last year which I’m convinced is related to the Pfizer vaccine, as two friends of mine have also reported less severe hearing issues too. Coincidence? Maybe, but wondering if anyone out there has also had any ear ache or worse after these vaccines. My issue developed a month after my third shot and I’m in no hurry to have the next booster as you can imagine.
    Just askin….

Blog Entries
    I am not having my fourth jab had a bad reaction to the third and IMO and MO only i just feel there is going to be a lot of fallout to the whole vaccination programme.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    My mother has been diagnosed with SIRVA from the covid vaccine.

She can’t raise her right arm above shoulder height and can’t carry any weight on it. It’s been 16 months since it started and hasn’t improved.

She’s been informed by the hospital that it’s become a common side effect of the vaccine and there’s a legal case building in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to A&E after my 2nd jab, diagnosis was pericarditis.
    Wish I'd stuck to my guns and not had it but holidays and family take precedent over a man's health.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Arrr yes Pfizer and others were supposedly making $1000 per second during the pandemic.

Last edited by RS404; 1st October 2022 at 20:42.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    Wish I'd stuck to my guns and not had it but holidays and family take precedent over a man's health.
    After my 3rd I ended up in hospital with heart issues (I thought I was having a heart attack) it was sometimes to do with an inverted t wave. Was let out after 13hrs monitoring and various medication while there.

Haven’t booked my 4th yet as requested, but will be having flu jab soon.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    I suffered Sudden Sensorinearal Hearing Loss last year which I’m convinced is related to the Pfizer vaccine, as two friends of mine have also reported less severe hearing issues too. Coincidence? Maybe, but wondering if anyone out there has also had any ear ache or worse after these vaccines. My issue developed a month after my third shot and I’m in no hurry to have the next booster as you can imagine.
    Just askin….
    I suffered a bout of this too, this summer, a few months after the Pfizer vaccine. But I also had the same problem about 5 years ago, way before COVID and vaccines, so I am going with coincidence. Sometimes these things happen, and no one is quite sure why. It is all too easy to blame the vaccine. You might just as well blame the virus itself - after all it, has many symptoms. Perhaps you had a mild bout of COVID which affected your hearing? It seems as likely an explanation as any.

I hope to get my second booster this autumn.
    Last edited by Tatters; 1st October 2022 at 22:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    When I had my first COVID jab it was awful.
    I got arrested three times wrongly based on incorrect DNA evidence.
    My cat started looking at me funny.
    My cactus died even though I watered it in 1998.
    People were following me everywhere.
    I’’ll not have another.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Dickhead…249, nearly there

I've just spent a couple of minutes googling the OP's assertion.

The first link I found was a Finnish study which showed no increase in the people affected by his condition after Covid 19 vaccination.

The second link I followed related to a WHO investigation after 146 reports of hearing loss. 146 cases after 11 BILLION Pfizer doses.

My question to the OP is what convinced him there was a link?
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I have had 3 doses of Pfizer, apart from a slight sore injection site, no other sides effects. Nada, zip, nothing…not even slight flu symptoms!

Same for my wife and 2 children.

Therefore, clearly there are no side effects at all with vaccines. Well that’s what my little experience shows me which is as 4 times more powerful than the OPs experience!

This is why you never look at individual cases especially when looking at individual side effects versus billions of doses as it throws out coincidences and out of context concerns. That doesn’t mean there aren’t side effects it just means that people have either been super unlucky but more likely it is just people looking for patterns which actually don’t exist. Humans are good at that!

I had my fourth covid vaccine yesterday, along with the flu vaccine. I’ve had 2 AstraZeneca, 1 Moderna and now 1 Pfizer. Yesterday was the first day I could get the vaccine and I jumped at it.

nRNA hearing issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

She can’t raise her right arm above shoulder height and can’t carry any weight on it. It’s been 16 months since it started and hasn’t improved.

She’s been informed by the hospital that it’s become a common side effect of the vaccine and there’s a legal case building in the background.

Most of the health problems mentioned are most likely coincidental but can imagine that this one could be caused by the number of newly trained and inexperienced jabbers rather than an inherent issue with the vaccine itself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I've just spent a couple of minutes googling the OP's assertion.

The first link I found was a Finnish study which showed no increase in the people affected by his condition after Covid 19 vaccination.

The second link I followed related to a WHO investigation after 146 reports of hearing loss. 146 cases after 11 BILLION Pfizer doses.

My question to the OP is what convinced him there was a link?
    I accept that “convinced” was badly worded. “Believe” is more appropriate, based on a few folk I know having less severe hearing issues arising after the jab. I accept I could be wrong and that my problem is coincidental- hence the original query.

I’m convinced
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    i just feel
    Alright.

After you get a vaccine shot in your upper arm to protect yourself against the flu, COVID-19, or another disease, there’s a chance you’ll feel some soreness where you got jabbed. But in rare cases, people get an injury known as SIRVA. That stands for shoulder injury related to vaccine administration.
    Even though you shouldn’t let this small risk stop you from getting vaccinated, it’s a good idea to learn about SIRVA symptoms, SIRVA treatment, and more. That way, you can get help if you need it.

What Are the Symptoms?
    The main signs of SIRVA are serious shoulder pain and less range of motion, meaning trouble with moving your shoulder normally. The symptoms usually show up within 48 hours after you get a vaccine shot in your upper arm. Research also suggests that over-the-counter pain meds don’t help the symptoms get better.

How Does It Happen?
    SIRVA can happen if a medical worker gives you a vaccine shot too high up on your upper arm. That could accidentally damage tissues or structures in the shoulder. The right place to give this type of shot is in the middle, thickest part of the deltoid, a large triangular muscle that goes from your upper arm bone to your collarbone. To prevent SIRVA and give these shots properly, many medical workers are trained to look or feel for specific physical “landmarks” on the arm that guide them to the deltoid muscle.
    https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/what-is-sirva

Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    Myocarditis and pericarditis are known side effects of both Covid infections as well as vaccinations.

Reported cases of pericarditis 6 per million doses (Pfizer) and 10 per million doses (Moderna). UKHSA

People infected with Covid-19 face a higher risk of myocarditis and other inflammatory heart conditions than those vaccinated against the disease, according to a large study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday. The CDC found the risk of myocarditis, pericarditis and multisystem inflammatory syndrome was higher after Covid infection than after Pfizer or Moderna vaccination in males and females ages 5 and older. However, these cardiac conditions are rare after infection and vaccination alike, according to the CDC. (...) However, the overwhelming majority of people who developed myocarditis after vaccination recovered fully and most of them did not report any effect on their quality of life, according to a CDC survey of health-care providers presented at the February meeting.
    CNBC

Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post
    Arrr yes Pfizer and others were supposedly making $1000 per second during the pandemic.
    True that and a shame on them for not doing more to make vaccines available to poorer nations. What does that have to do with side effects?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I accept that “convinced” was badly worded. “Believe” is more appropriate, based on a few folk I know having less severe hearing issues arising after the jab. I accept I could be wrong and that my problem is coincidental- hence the original query.
    Did you report it to the MHRA yellow card scheme?
    The Dr's I saw in A&E were very keen on me reporting my reaction to the jab.

Craftsman
    If there was a causal link between the vaccine and, in this case, hearing loss (and I think there probably isn’t), I would be much more concerned that the virus itself could cause more damage, to hearing or otherwise.

I have had two bouts so far of sudden, unexplained, hearing loss; fortunately both times my hearing recovered after several weeks to near what it was before. I now wear a hearing aid, which I call my superpower - I can hear my wife raiding the biscuits from another room. OP, I hope yours gets better too. If it happens again, seek medical treatment quickly - the sooner the doctor sees you the better.
    Last edited by Tatters; 2nd October 2022 at 09:28.

Nasty nasty name calling.
    Hey, well done you're there…..WYG?

When I had my first COVID jab it was awful.
    I got arrested three times wrongly based on incorrect DNA evidence.
    My cat started looking at me funny.
    My cactus died even though I watered it in 1998.
    People were following me everywhere.
    I’’ll not have another.

And it was all going so well for you. Bye

I had Pfizer, as did many I know - no issues.

Master

That's the mechanics of the injection NOT the vaccine.

B

Tinnitus is a rare adverse effect of COVID vaccination (and is documented). I have seen at least 4 cases of persistent tinnitus and two of sudden sensorineural hearing loss occuring within hours/days of the vaccine. This has been over the course of the last year. Bearing in mind that I see 60 new patients a week in my clinics, these are small numbers and my experience is anecdotal - this is in no way proof of a causal link, but there may be something there.

Craftsman
    For me the proven risks from COVID itself outweigh the (proven and unproven) risks from the vaccine. I have had several bouts of hearing loss over the last few years, now with tinnitus thrown in, and I will be getting my second booster next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Tinnitus is a rare adverse effect of COVID vaccination (and is documented). I have seen at least 4 cases of persistent tinnitus and two of sudden sensorineural hearing loss occuring within hours/days of the vaccine.
    Is this expected to be temporary or permanent, or can’t determine yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know that anyone can say, but if you make the comparison between this and other neurological conditions (whether post-Covid, post-vaccination, or just random) some do improve, some don't. Neurological recovery is slow if it happens at all, up to 2 years, and none of the people I've seen have had their symptoms for more than a year. But neither have any of them improved in that time. Bear in mind that this in no way constitutes evidence, only my experience.

Master
    In my case the hearing loss improved to about 20db down as opposed to 70db initially. However the accompanying distortion remains and hasn’t improved.