closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMSD Compensation

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Well I banked my cheque today, the counter (the end bit of the long counter in a local food store and newsagents) was closed for PO activity due to more strike action, but open to banking services, so they were happy to take the cheque.

Our main PO is now a Thornton’s Chocolates shop with a single boxed in booth for PO activities.

Anyone still got a PO that actually looks like an old school PO?
    But there was no strike

Anyone still got a PO that actually looks like an old school PO?
    Our local one is now in the Spar, at the end of the counter. Bloody good thing too. I can post from 8am until 11pm seven days a week, and the miserable, unhelpfull, sarcastic, lazy, obstructive tub of lard that used to run the adjacent post office didn't want to make the move into the Spar where he may have had to do a bit of work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    But there was no strike
    The strike was only called off at the last minute (due to legal action by Royal Mail, I understand). It seems likely to me (just guessing) that not all Post Offices got the message in time.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 11th November 2022 at 00:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    The strike was only called off at the last minute (due to legal action by Royal Mail. I understand). It seems likely to me (just guessing) that not all Post Offices got the message in time.
    Not sure about that I definitely knew the night before

Just to hack Paul off even more: sent a parcel Monday morning by RMSD which wasn’t delivered until today - so another £15 odd compensation claim submitted tonight. This is three out of the last four watches I have sold.

It’s not about the money, you agree a sale on here, post the parcel nice and early (in this case 09:10) and the buyer makes arrangements for someone to be around Tuesday morning. I register the parcel on the App. At about 19:00 I get a message that they have it at the Chester mail centre and it will be delivered tomorrow (Tue). Shortly after I get a message that the parcel has been dispatched to the Edinburgh mail centre - all good so far.

Next morning absolutely sod all, in fact no update for 24 hours until Wed morning that it will be delivered today, which it was. This has hacked me off, messed the buyer around and a failure of the conditions of the service used.

I would urge everyone on here to claim. I must be up to 7 or 8 cheques this year.

Master
    Just to hack Paul off even more: sent a parcel Monday morning by RMSD which wasn’t delivered until today - so another £15 odd compensation claim submitted tonight. This is three out of the last four watches I have sold.

It’s not about the money, you agree a sale on here, post the parcel nice and early (in this case 09:10) and the buyer makes arrangements for someone to be around Tuesday morning. I register the parcel on the App. At about 19:00 I get a message that they have it at the Chester mail centre and it will be delivered tomorrow (Tue). Shortly after I get a message that the parcel has been dispatched to the Edinburgh mail centre - all good so far.

Next morning absolutely sod all, in fact no update for 24 hours until Wed morning that it will be delivered today, which it was. This has hacked me off, messed the buyer around and a failure of the conditions of the service used.

I would urge everyone on here to claim. I must be up to 7 or 8 cheques this year.
    Use another service if it hacks you off that much. At least you can claim it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Use another service if it hacks you off that much. At least you can claim it back.
    Shut up you tart. If you are prepared to pay for an advertised premium service and accept it when they fail to deliver then you are as stupid as Paul is.

Royal Mail is not fit for purpose and if more people stood up to them then that would either make or break them. If you cannot understand that then don’t comment fool.

Grand Master
    Shut up you tart. If you are prepared to pay for an advertised premium service and accept it when they fail to deliver then you are as stupid as Paul is.

Royal Mail is not fit for purpose and if more people stood up to them then that would either make or break them. If you cannot understand that then don’t comment fool.
    Ken, I’m certainly not stupid, far from it, and I think you know that.

I’ve made my stance clear on this issue so I don’t intend repeating myself. If you choose to play to the letter of the rule rather than the sprit that’s your choice, but I can’t see the point in bragging about it.

What you do with your grubby reclaimed 15 quid is up to you, but perhaps donating it to charity would be the right thing to do?

Master

Xx x well good luck with your petty little £15 claims. Maybe you will buy yourself something nice with it. I know RM isn’t fit for purpose as I work for them and you are right if people did stand up to them it would make a difference but unfortunately the public who pay up for letters , parcels etc don’t know the half of it and never will.

Royal Mail list four 'features' for Special Delivery on their website, one of which is literally selling the fact you get your money back if they fail to meet the delivery guarantee. It's not hidden in some term somewhere, it's plastered as one of the main selling points. You pay for that right to have your money back when the service fails.

Of course folk are free to not use that feature, but it seems odd to disparage others for doing so. Nothing 'grubby' about it.

Last edited by M1011; 11th November 2022 at 00:09.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Of course folk are free to not use that feature, but it seems odd to disparage others for doing so. Nothing 'grubby' about it.
    Got to agree. Getting your money back if they fail to deliver on time is part and parcel (pun not intended) of using the service.

RMSD Compensation

When I have sold something and RMSD is included in the sales price, any refund I have received from Royal Mail for late delivery I have credited to the buyer.

After all, they paid the RMSD in my selling price, so it is only fair that they receive the refund (even though I have to claim the refund first).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    When I have sold something and RMSD is included in the sales price, any refund I have received from Royal Mail for late delivery I have credited to the buyer.

After all, they paid the RMSD in my selling price, so it is only fair that they receive the refund (even though I have to claim the refund first).
    What a Saint.